Just saw this video and got excited about people making 3rd party mods..

Anyone developed or know where to buy a 3rd party mod?
    10-28-2016 01:05 PM
    Technically -

The Incipio, TUMI, and kate spade mods are all third-party mods.

Hasselblad too.
    10-28-2016 02:00 PM
    So far this is disappointing, but really not that surprising. Even the long rumored waterproof case isn't available yet. I'd love for someone else to do a another camera mod that is less about zooming and more about a bigger sensor and superior photos to the phone's camera.
    10-28-2016 02:13 PM
    I would love just a simple style back mod with wireless charging! Please someone can make this!!
    10-28-2016 02:26 PM
    I would love just a simple style back mod with wireless charging! Please someone can make this!!
    Incipio makes back covers.

Incipio also makes battery packs with wireless charging.

They seem like our best option.

We need all Moto Z owners to contact them about this.
    cbironman24 likes this.
    10-28-2016 02:29 PM

I agree, I have already sent an email. I like the thickness of the back cover they make. It sticks out just enough to help protect the camera. (just dont like the smooth feel of it)
    I think one of them with wireless charging made in the same material as the extended battery would be awesome.
    10-28-2016 02:33 PM
    seems like DAC and heaphone jack is the most obvious one missing. Anyone think it is concerning that we are several months since release and no new mods have came out?
    ASD Dad and benjamminh like this.
    10-28-2016 02:35 PM
    seems like DAC and heaphone jack is the most obvious one missing. Anyone think it is concerning that we are several months since release and no new mods have came out?
    Technically the Hasselblad came out after initial release of the Moto Z.
    kmf1 likes this.
    10-28-2016 02:39 PM
    A bit concerned, but hoping it's a combination of companies waiting to see if the phones would sell (it seems like sales have been pretty good) and just the time it takes for development.
    10-28-2016 02:41 PM
    This might be a little old school (going back to the Moto Bionic LapDock days), but how cool would it be to have a laptop type attachment that you slip the phone into and the phone turns into a mouse trackpad, then you have a physical keyboard above it, then a nice screen to work on just like a chromebook or a laptop?

I'm also thinking it would be cool for National Instruments to make some kind of mod where you could insert thermocouples or pressure transducers or any instrumentation that works with a 4-20 or 0-10 signal and then record data directly to your phone.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    10-28-2016 05:53 PM

Here was my reply about the wireless charging style mod.

"Thank you for your email, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback and comments. We will be forwarding your inquiry to our product development department for their consideration. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we would be happy to assist you further.

Best,

Paul V. | Customer Service Team

Incipio |*BRAVEN | TAVIK | iGO"
    11-01-2016 09:32 AM
    Here was my reply about the wireless charging style mod.

"Thank you for your email, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback and comments. We will be forwarding your inquiry to our product development department for their consideration. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we would be happy to assist you further.

Best,

Paul V. | Customer Service Team

Incipio |*BRAVEN | TAVIK | iGO"
    The standard reply..

But let's keep it going.

Hit up all of their social media accounts as well.
    11-01-2016 03:02 PM
    Definitely would like to see a simple wireless charging mod too.

My only other idea for a mod was some kind of gamepad - something that folds out to add controls to the left and right (when in landscape mode).
    clayedwards likes this.
    11-01-2016 07:49 PM
    something that folds out to add controls to the left and right (when in landscape mode).
    That's an awesome idea!
    11-01-2016 07:51 PM
    The pins on the back of the mod are spring loaded and have to be too ensure good contact so I don't see them being able to make a simple wireless charger back thin enough. It would have to be nearly as thick as the battery back anyway.
    11-01-2016 08:58 PM
    The pins on the back of the mod are spring loaded and have to be too ensure good contact so I don't see them being able to make a simple wireless charger back thin enough. It would have to be nearly as thick as the battery back anyway.
    I would be fine with it being a little thicker. As long as it doesn't weigh as much as the battery mod.
    11-01-2016 09:57 PM