I'm not sure if there's a thread for this yet but I figured I'd add one anyway.

So what are your ideas for Moto Mods? So far I can think of two and a third everyone is asking for:

1. Slide/fold out gamepad. Could be far less obtrusive than those big ones with a holder for the phone.
    2. E-ink back screen, very much like the YotaPhone. Imagine how long the Z Play battery would last with this!
    3. Simple wireless charging back - everyone wants this, including me.
    Bora777 likes this.
    11-16-2016 12:21 PM
    I sould like a Game handheld mod, where i can conect the mod, and it become a controler with a screen in the middle.
    it could feature a battery so you can extend the game time.

So i guess what im asking is a mod of the battery with controls for games.

If the makers can think on something to have the controler to hold it vertical and horizontal.

If we go with something extra "wireless" features, the mod could rip off the nintendo switch thing
    So you can unplug the side controlers from the mod, and you can have 2 controlers in phone.
    So you would have the Mod still attached to the phone for the whire

Wish list for Moto Mods-dailymotion_k5aoq7jgmb7ilikgqia.jpg

But I doubt something that complex could exist.
    Maybe a 1 player mod controler is perfectly fine, Imagine being able to get something like a DS emulator and flip the screen vertically for the 2 screens, but still be able to hold it like a controller.

I dont know.
    Something like that.
    11-16-2016 07:03 PM
    I want a car mount for gps. Easy to snap on using the back magnets with maybe just a tray or lip to hold the bottom up
    11-17-2016 08:44 PM
    I want a car mount for gps. Easy to snap on using the back magnets with maybe just a tray or lip to hold the bottom up
    Supposedly there was one from Incipio in the works.
    11-17-2016 09:06 PM
    I want something like the old Bionic/Atrix LapDock. But snap the phone in under the keyboard and the phone screen acts as a mouse track pad!

I've seen the OneCompute mod, but it requires a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Not very mobile, but a good idea. Haven't seen anything on it since summer when it was announced, so not sure how likely it is we'll actually see it.
    Ry and DarkJoker33 like this.
    11-18-2016 10:26 AM
    A mobile data acquisition system would be cool. Let you connect thermocouples or RTDs and any 4-20 may or 0-10V transducer and get some data on the go! Probably too niche of a product to be feasible though.
    11-18-2016 10:28 AM
    I want a Mod Platform that would plug into the USBc port and then allow you to connect a mod. This way you could use 2 mods at the same time. I would use the projector to show video and them connect the JBL on the USB-C connected mod platform and get great sound for the projector.
    11-18-2016 04:32 PM
    I want a Mod Platform that would plug into the USBc port and then allow you to connect a mod. This way you could use 2 mods at the same time. I would use the projector to show video and them connect the JBL on the USB-C connected mod platform and get great sound for the projector.
    Couldn't a pair of BT speakers get the job done? Less wires, and probably much sooner realization!
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-18-2016 06:17 PM
    Mod with a regular phone jack, a high end DAC for plugging in and aptx for bluetooth
    11-18-2016 10:21 PM
    In addition to the car dock from Incipio that's supposed to be in the works, I've found that the generic magnetic car mounts work great, without having to stick a metal disk to the phone. I have one of these, and it works great.
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-30-2016 06:11 PM
    I agree with yay. The magnetic mounts work great. Nice not having to have that little piece of metal in a case now.
    benjamminh likes this.
    12-01-2016 08:58 AM
    Seems like battery mods are one of the most widely used mods. What about a thin battery mod that has pass through communications/magnet to slap another mod onto that as well?
    benjamminh and YAYTech like this.
    12-01-2016 09:00 AM
    How 'bout a Mod with a laser bar-code scanner? Would have tons of commercial uses. Remember the old Symbol/Motorola PDA's with scanners? Probably not a big deal in the consumer market, though.
    YAYTech likes this.
    12-02-2016 12:24 PM
    How 'bout an IR blaster to use as a universal remote.
    YAYTech likes this.
    12-02-2016 01:24 PM
    Look no further! http://igg.me/at/gamepadmod
    Ry and tapanzee like this.
    02-23-2017 02:04 PM
    Check out our gamepad at Indiegogo! http://igg.me/at/gamepadmod
    Ry likes this.
    02-23-2017 02:05 PM
    I was negatively surprised by the camera mod.
    Samsung has a 10X optical zoom smartphone for 5 years now, and that one is built in.
    I'm really expecting that a camera manufacturer not named Hasselblad can provide us with a better camera mod, since most companies have thinner and smaller travel zooms with far better quality and lenses that go up to 40X.
    Fingers crossed that something is already in the works.
    dmgerbino likes this.
    05-03-2017 05:21 AM
    I think a company needs to start producing cool well designed and not with the characters face on the shell, some Marvel inspired shells by the likes of Spidermans suit, captain americas shield and so on. Believe it or not there is a huge market for that because I know I'm not alone in collecting marvel things. When I had the iPhone 6s I had two or three types of spiderman cases. If they were to make one that looked like this I'd be all over it.
    Attached Thumbnails Wish list for Moto Mods-1935.jpg  
    05-16-2017 06:19 AM