Motorola commits to bringing four Moto Mods to market every quarter, battery mods popular

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hands on with the new Mophie and Incipio Moto Mods for Moto Z | Android Central

Motorola is also committing to bringing four Mods to market every quarter going forward, which is an aggressive cadence for a nascent product category. That doesn't mean you'll see four battery packs, or even four Motorola-released add-ons every three months, but there's a confidence within the company we haven't seen since the first Moto X back in 2013. And it's infectious.

Also, we like batteries and a lot of people are keeping them attached semi-permanently.

Battery add-ons have proven the most popular category in the Moto Mods ecosystem, according to Motorola. Over 40% of those purchased to date have been batteries, and the company says that in an average week, 37 hours are spent with a battery add-on attached to the back of the phone. Many people leave their battery packs attached to the back of their phones on a semi-permanent basis.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That has an additional battery pack. A back with just the wireless charging would be much thinner. That is what I want.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So, it's been 2 months since the announcement and still no new Moto mods.

I think they introduced the new battery & car dock mods around the time of the announcement, so those probably count toward their intentions for that quarter. And it wouldn't suprise me if it's not super strict on quarters, so you could have some in january (Q1) and some in June (Q2).