With Moto's commitment to 4 mods per month and potential feature expanding mods like Tango support on the horizon, how long past the typical 2 year life span do you think you'll keep your Z due to the mods?
    12-03-2016 03:42 PM
    With Moto's commitment to 4 mods per month and potential feature expanding mods like Tango support on the horizon, how long past the typical 2 year life span do you think you'll keep your Z due to the mods?
    If anything, my next daily driver will probably be a phone compatible with the Moto Mods.
    benjamminh and cbironman24 like this.
    12-03-2016 03:50 PM
    It would give it additional utility as s secondary device as well.
    cbironman24 likes this.
    12-03-2016 04:09 PM
    I would be surprised if the next gen Moto Z family aren't backwards compatible with current mods.
    12-05-2016 02:20 PM
    I would be surprised if the next gen Moto Z family aren't backwards compatible with current mods.
    They already said that the 2017 Moto Zs will be compatible.
    12-05-2016 07:35 PM
    They already said that the 2017 Moto Zs will be compatible.
    They say anything about forward compatibility of current Zs with 2017 mods? I know it's going to be in the interest of mod developers to cater to as a wide an audience as they can but I wonder if Moto is enforcing forward/backward compatibility.
    12-05-2016 09:56 PM
    They say anything about forward compatibility of current Zs with 2017 mods? I know it's going to be in the interest of mod developers to cater to as a wide an audience as they can but I wonder if Moto is enforcing forward/backward compatibility.
    There shouldn't be a reason why new mods wouldn't work with the old phones.
    benjamminh likes this.
    12-06-2016 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD