What is this project screen quick setting button supposed to do? I noticed it after the Nougat update, but it doesn't do anything with the projector attached or detached. It doesn't even bring up any info screen or anything. I thought it would maybe blank the screen while the projector was on, you know, so if you were getting a clip ready for a presentation, you could blank the screen while you pull up the clip, then toggle the quick setting button to unblank the screen, and have it project the clip.
    Attached Thumbnails What is the 'Project Screen' quick setting?-18943.jpg  
    12-07-2016 11:42 PM
    That's for projecting your screen to a widi (wifi direct) receiver. I use it all the time to send my phone screen to the tv via my FireTV. It's a direct mirror of the screen.
    12-08-2016 02:12 AM
    That's for projecting your screen to a widi (wifi direct) receiver. I use it all the time to send my phone screen to the tv via my FireTV. It's a direct mirror of the screen.
    I thought the Cast button did that. Isn't widi miracast protocol?
    12-08-2016 07:11 AM
    I thought the Cast button did that. Isn't widi miracast protocol?
    Cast (the chromecast button right?) is googles own thing, and has to be implimented on an app by app basis to work with the chrome cast.

I could be wrong on whether it uses widi or some other protocol, but it's a full mirror of the screen (my firetv supports multiple protocols to do this, so I guess it could differ depending on your phones hardware), and not just re-directing the apps output to the chromecast and freeing up your phone to do other things.
    12-08-2016 07:18 AM
    Interesting. I have a miracast dongel that I think is also widi compatible, I'll have to try that out!
    12-08-2016 07:44 AM
    I don't think you are correct. When I long press the Project Button, the Projector Moto Mod setting screen appears.

Are you using a Moto Z Force phone and successfully mirroring your screen to a tv without the phone being connected to the same LAN as the tv?
    Attached Thumbnails What is the 'Project Screen' quick setting?-18944.jpg  
    12-08-2016 12:30 PM
    Moto support is claiming the 'project screen' button is supposed to act as the physical power button on the mod itself, toggling the projector on and off through the phone.

Mine isn't doing that. Can someone else try the 'project screen' button on their instashare projector/Moto z?
    12-13-2016 10:15 AM
    What is this project screen quick setting button supposed to do? I noticed it after the Nougat update, but it doesn't do anything with the projector attached or detached. It doesn't even bring up any info screen or anything. I thought it would maybe blank the screen while the projector was on, you know, so if you were getting a clip ready for a presentation, you could blank the screen while you pull up the clip, then toggle the quick setting button to unblank the screen, and have it project the clip.
    what app did you use to draw on the screenshot?
    12-13-2016 03:13 PM
    what app did you use to draw on the screenshot?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenittrial

Closest functionality I could find as an ex-note 7 user...
    12-13-2016 03:22 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenittrial

Closest functionality I could find as an ex-note 7 user...
    thanks! after having several notes, i was hoping to find something similar
    12-13-2016 04:20 PM
    Mine isn't doing that. Can someone else try the 'project screen' button on their instashare projector/Moto z?
    Well, now all of a sudden it's working. Works real nice too.
    12-19-2016 09:03 PM