Hi, today is the first day I'm using the Incipio battery mod. I have it set to Efficiency mode so it keeps the phone at 80%, which is supposed to make the moto mod battery last longer. I put the mod on the phone at about 8:30am this morning after I'd already used about 5 or 6 of the phone's battery. The phone seemed to keep using the phone's battery instead of the mod as it should and when the phone's battery got to 80% then it started using the mod's battery.

Here's where it gets a little puzzling. I'm noticing that the mods battery is draining quite fast. It's now 3:30pm, I've only made a few short phone calls, a few texts, a little social media and streamed a podcast on the way to work this morning. All in all I ONLY have 1 hour and 28 minutes of Screen On Time and the mod's battery is already down to 57%! That seems like quite a bit of drain to me. The phone's battery is still at 80%.

I just have this feeling that something is wrong but I can't figure out what it is. I would think that the mod's battery would last longer that it is. 43% battery drain in 7 hours with very little phone usage seems extreme to me. I can't tell what time the mod's battery actually started being used as GSam just tells me the phone is being charged and how long it would take until charged.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Incipio Battery Mod-screenshot_20161209-153431.jpgIncipio Battery Mod-screenshot_20161209-153442.jpgIncipio Battery Mod-screenshot_20161209-153447.jpgIncipio Battery Mod-screenshot_20161209-153545.jpg
    12-09-2016 06:51 PM
    On a side note, I've noticed that when I'm in the default battery screen it says "not charging" but when I pull down the notification shade the notification for the Incipio battery mod says "Charging phone". That seems a bit odd to me.
    Incipio Battery Mod-screenshot_20161209-155857.jpgIncipio Battery Mod-screenshot_20161209-155904.jpg
    12-09-2016 07:04 PM
    You'll have to watch it more. But first of all charging while using the phone isn't going to be as efficient. Depending on what you're doing it may not even keep up. Second, even if you weren't using it the charge wouldn't be fully efficient, just like any other external battery.
    12-09-2016 08:07 PM
    You'll have to watch it more. But first of all charging while using the phone isn't going to be as efficient. Depending on what you're doing it may not even keep up. Second, even if you weren't using it the charge wouldn't be fully efficient, just like any other external battery.
    Hi, I'm not intentionally charging the phone. I just put the battery mod on the phone, set it to efficiency mode and used the phone like normal. I'm assuming that's how this or any other mod is supposed to be used. Not sure why it's draining so quickly.
    12-09-2016 08:59 PM
    Hi, today is the first day I'm using the Incipio battery mod. I have it set to Efficiency mode so it keeps the phone at 80%, which is supposed to make the moto mod battery last longer. I put the mod on the phone at about 8:30am this morning after I'd already used about 5 or 6 of the phone's battery. The phone seemed to keep using the phone's battery instead of the mod as it should and when the phone's battery got to 80% then it started using the mod's battery.

Here's where it gets a little puzzling. I'm noticing that the mods battery is draining quite fast. It's now 3:30pm, I've only made a few short phone calls, a few texts, a little social media and streamed a podcast on the way to work this morning. All in all I ONLY have 1 hour and 28 minutes of Screen On Time and the mod's battery is already down to 57%! That seems like quite a bit of drain to me. The phone's battery is still at 80%.

I just have this feeling that something is wrong but I can't figure out what it is. I would think that the mod's battery would last longer that it is. 43% battery drain in 7 hours with very little phone usage seems extreme to me. I can't tell what time the mod's battery actually started being used as GSam just tells me the phone is being charged and how long it would take until charged.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161209-153431.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	247779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161209-153442.jpg 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	247780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161209-153447.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	247781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161209-153545.jpg 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	247782
    I noticed that with the battery mod charging the phone. Screen on time is not accurate. Here's how you test it. Look at your screen on time and then watch a 10 min you tube video. The screen on time should increase by 10 minutes, but it seems it doesn't accurately show that in the screen on.
    12-10-2016 08:00 AM
    I noticed that with the battery mod charging the phone. Screen on time is not accurate. Here's how you test it. Look at your screen on time and then watch a 10 min you tube video. The screen on time should increase by 10 minutes, but it seems it doesn't accurately show that in the screen on.
    When any power is applied to the phone the screen on time will not accumulate. This is because the internal phone battery is not powering the screen, but the external power is powering the screen. Whether from AC, or USB, or power pack as a Moto mod, it's external power, not internal battery power.
    12-10-2016 05:54 PM
    As a side note, I've been using this Screen Mileage app for months and absolutely love it. I recommend it if you are constantly checking your SOT.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenmileagesot
    clayedwards likes this.
    12-10-2016 06:19 PM
    1. Plugging in the mod charges the phone's battery (or triggers the notice, even if the battery isn't charging).

2. Charging while running isn't "less efficient", it just takes longer to charge, because the current is being split between charging the battery and running the phone. It's like filling a bucket with water from a firehose - if the bucket has a pinhole in it. It will fill up, but it takes a bit longer than if there's no hole. (And it won't cause any problems - the charger can't supply more current than it's designed to, the phone battery can't draw more current than it's designed to - everything is safe. [Just never discharge the battery below 40% - that will affect its life.])
    12-11-2016 12:48 PM
    [Just never discharge the battery below 40% - that will affect its life.])
    40%? Never heard of that one. I'd like to see the data that supports this claim.
    markabele and hotshotazn like this.
    12-11-2016 02:27 PM
    40%? Never heard of that one. I'd like to see the data that supports this claim.
    It's a myth. Heat kills battery life. Supposedly the longer its on a charger, the more heat is generated. The claim of charging it from "40%-80%" is supposed to put less stress and heat on the battery.

There's little difference in stress and heat charging from 20%-60% then from 60% to 100%.
    12-14-2016 12:59 PM
    I have the mophie and thought the same thing. The point that it doesn't register screen on time while it's charging makes perfect sense. It trickle charges and comes off the phone battery if you look at the graph. Wish you could turn it off.

Im at 50% phone battery right now and i unplugged at 1500 on Tuesday. It's Thursday 0137. Its got me at 7:16sot but it has to be much longee than that. (this is on the play)
    12-29-2016 01:38 AM
    With the battery mod, you're recharging the internal battery. The stats are going to be off since it's just like charging with any other charger.
    12-29-2016 02:13 AM