Edge - Supercharge your Moto Z

han4mi

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Chroma - new Moto Mod concept

The thickness difference between a wireless charging mod only and the one we're offering would be about 0.5mm. We're sticking to the 2 options for now :)

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site

Will I still be able to use my Verizon bumper case on my z force Droid?

Yes, it's just a mod like the battery pack. But you may want the clear Verizon bumper case so the lights are better visible if you don't already have it.

han4mi

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

24h since we launched and we're already 25% funded! With 30 days to go, it looks like Edge sparked the biggest interest among all of the new mod ideas. Thank you everyone for your support and contributions!

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site

24h since we launched and we're already 25% funded! With 30 days to go, it looks like Edge sparked the biggest interest among all of the new mod ideas. Thank you everyone for your support and contributions!

I'm ready to back it. Just one question, will you be able to set the LED notifications to repeat a certain amount of times at specified intervals (like every 10 secs)? Hoping it's not one and done. Thanks!

han4mi

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm ready to back it. Just one question, will you be able to set the LED notifications to repeat a certain amount of times at specified intervals (like every 10 secs)? Hoping it's not one and done. Thanks!

We did some initial tests on battery consumption - this is the main factor that determines how often the patterns can be repeated not to drain too much battery. So far it looks great! We wil also move to smaller LEDs as the ones we are currently using are too big and powerful.

To answer your question - the pattern and notification you set up will be repeated every 10-15 seconds, until you unlock the phone and interact with it.

I also got a suggestion today from one of the backers to give an option of limiting the time a notification is displayed for to a set amount of time - around 20-30 minutes. This will help reduce battery drain a lot.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm assuming that when the phone goes into "Do Not Disturb" (at night for me) that this will not light up my room. Is that correct?

han4mi

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm assuming that when the phone goes into "Do Not Disturb" (at night for me) that this will not light up my room. Is that correct?

There is an option to fully customize the notifications that you want to display at a specific time or day. This means you can have different settings while you're home or at work. It also allows you to fully turn them off at specific hours, including night time.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

This is such a cool Mod for the Moto Z that I am actually thinking about buying a Moto Z just to get it. I hope you guys reach your funding goal and sell a boat load of these things.

han4mi

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

This is such a cool Mod for the Moto Z that I am actually thinking about buying a Moto Z just to get it. I hope you guys reach your funding goal and sell a boat load of these things.

Thanks! We're on track with reaching the goal. There's lots of positive feedback coming in which keeps us motivated and focused on delivering a product that everyone will love :)

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I would be happy to order an air mod but did not see where to order it on the site.

han4mi

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Looks like EDGE will get into everyone's hands soon! We've reached the campaign goal within a few days :) Thank you everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18