Moto TurboPower Pack

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know that the Pack can charge the phone at 15W, but what is the max the Pack itself can be charged is it 15W or 30W?

Max that this Power Pack can be charged is 30W so if you have the Moto Z Force Droid charger or purchased the Turbo Power 30 separately, you can charge up this Power Pack with that charger relatively quickly.

NJP11

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
Max that this Power Pack can be charged is 30W so if you have the Moto Z Force Droid charger or purchased the Turbo Power 30 separately, you can charge up this Power Pack with that charger relatively quickly.

Thanks! I only have the regular Moto Z Droid but I was looking at picking up one of the chargers separately​ anyway so I'll probably get the 30 for this added benefit even if the phone itself maxes out at 15.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe this is just me...but if I'm going to have a battery pack on for the day why would I need it to charge so fast? Maybe there are enough people that want to take it off after it is charged?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is just me...but if I'm going to have a battery pack on for the day why would I need it to charge so fast? Maybe there are enough people that want to take it off after it is charged?

So that you wouldn't need to leave it on the whole time.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So that you wouldn't need to leave it on the whole time.

I understand, but I prefer not to leave it without a back, which means I need to bring yet another case or back for it.

As a side note, this is why I didn't buy the Force or the Play. I know there are a ton of good things about those phones (including never really needing a battery mod), but if I leave a mod on my Z it just makes it more like a normal sized phone.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Can you leave it in your phone all the time or is it only for charging when you need it?

You can definitely leave it on if you want, but according to AC it's about as thick as the 2016 Moto Z Play, so that would be a VERY bulky device. It's designed to be carried with you (annoying), and then slipped on for a quick charge when you need it.

Double post. Sorry.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Can you leave it in your phone all the time or is it only for charging when you need it?

You can definitely leave it on if you want, but according to AC it's as thick as the 2016 Moto Z Play, so that would be a thick device. It's designed to be carried with you (annoying), and taken out when you need a quick top off.

Attachments

• 14925.jpg
    14925.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 48

dmgerbino

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I googled the new moto battery mod and found three companies taking pre-orders. B&H, Fry's and Verizon Wireless. I pre-ordered mine from Verizon Wireless. They are showing a ship date of August 10th.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Strangely, Best Buy has *a* Moto Mods battery on their site, but it's not the Turbopower pack. It's a 2200mAh one, smooth back, $50. Never heard of it before.

Motorola Moto Power Pack External Battery Case for Most Motorola Moto Z Family Cell Phones Black 89912N - Best Buy
Yep, that's strange. What the heck is that? I know there was a Tumi, an Incipio (I own one) and a Kate Spade (wife own one), but never heard of that one. And it doesn't look like the new Moto battery Mod? And the site says "compatible with most Moto Z phones"...?

kingstu

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
The Moto Power Pack was the one mentioned at Mobile World Congress and was to be released in the spring but was delayed. It is now launching when the Z2 Force launches but it isn't yet on the US Moto website. In Mexico they included it in the box with the Moto Z2 Play and called it a "Power Edition". It was supposed to have a variety of colors but I have only seen black and white so far.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I am starting to wonder if there is some kind of problem with the Turbopower Pack preventing the wide release. Not necessarily related to the power storage/charging, but maybe the software, fit/finish, etc.

dmgerbino

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The release seems to be connected to the release of the Z2 Force.

Regarding the Moto mod software, mine is at version 2

Attachments

• 37856.jpg
    37856.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 69