It says this mod, which was supposed to be released in March but has been delayed, is supposed to add 50% to the Z/Z Play's battery life *without* adding bulk. Doesn't this defy the laws of physics? Or at least of battery design?

If it's a mod it can't be a power bank, right? Or can it...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.andro...od-763029/amp/
    04-16-2017 03:51 PM
    It's probably a thin mod that adds 1,000 or so mAh. It might bring the overall thickness to the top of the camera bulge and make it look symmetrical.
    soma4society likes this.
    04-16-2017 03:55 PM
    It's probably a thin mod that adds 1,000 or so mAh. It might bring the overall thickness to the top of the camera bulge and make it look symmetrical.
    Hmmm interesting. That would still technically be adding bulk though. That said I would likely buy such a mod if you're right, depending on the price. Especially if a case could still be used. Battery life is already insane on my Z play, but you can never have enough of a good thing lol 🤣
    04-16-2017 04:11 PM
    The way I understand it, is Moto is making their own battery Mod (like the Incipio or Tumi) with as much extra juice as other mods but a lot thinner. If it's not outrageously expensive I plan on buying one.
    soma4society likes this.
    04-21-2017 09:56 PM
    The Moto Power Pack mod has been out for a since May. It is really thin and has the same capacity as the Incipio Mods. What is interesting is that in Mexico they are including the Mod with the Z2 Play for AT&T. Perhaps we will see the same with the Z2 Force. It would make sense if the battery is reduced to under 3000mAh to do that. It would add battery life and in efficiency mode it would allow the phone's internal battery to last longer. It would also get the new customers to get experience with how the mods work and would therefore be more inclined and comfortable to buy additional mods and to stay with the mod ecosystem. If people had to buy a battery mod separately then they most wouldn't and therefore might complain about battery life and not see the benefits that mods bring.

I have no idea if they will do this but if they do I can see the reasons for making the Z2 force thinner. Also, perhaps they wanted it to have the same dimensions as the Z2 Play so they could make that waterproof mod case that would fit them both. Again, I am only guessing about the dimensions...
    07-21-2017 11:27 PM