Wireless battery mod keeps dinging most of the night

kkhanmd

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the Tumi 2220 battery mod w wireless charging and when I place the mod with my force Z droid on my wireless charger (TYLT Vu) it keeps dinging all the time. Wireless charger detected.
Its painful to keep hearing the ding. Are their any solutions beside using the wire?

Is this a known issue with this mod? I keep my phone aligned the same way on the charger. As you know with Vu there is practically only one way you can place the phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Tumi 2220 battery mod w wireless charging and when I place the mod with my force Z droid on my wireless charger (TYLT Vu) it keeps dinging all the time. Wireless charger detected.
Its painful to keep hearing the ding. Are their any solutions beside using the wire?

Is this a known issue with this mod? I keep my phone aligned the same way on the charger. As you know with Vu there is practically only one way you can place the phone.

I think it's a positioning issue. I use the Incipio battery mod with qi wireless charging (which is pretty much the same as the Tumi and Kate Spade batteries) and don't have this issue with my (flat) wireless charger.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If there are multiple people saying they have this issue, then I doubt it is just positioning. My guess is they've already tried lots of different angles. But time will tell.

But there is only one position.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I don't have the Tumi Mod, I have the Incipio Mod with built in wireless and the sensor seems to be very near the top of the Battery Mod. On my Verizon brand Wireless charger I had to use the included space to get it to line up correctly. Maybe the Tumi Mod is similar, and it is about finding the correct position on the wireless charger?

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem lies more with the charger itself. I have a ravpower pad and I just throw my devices on it and almost never have a problem getting a charge in any position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781