Incipio Wireless battery mod on Moto Z Play

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
This is how I believe it works:

Effiency mode keeps the phones battery at 80% at all times, it doesn't try to always get the phone topped off to 100%. So it's more efficient for the battery Mod, it's not working so hard to try and keep your phone at 100%.

The other mode will always try to get your phone to 100% and drain the battery Mod very quickly.

From what I have always read our phone batteries work best between 20% - 80% anyway, so let the Mod battery do less work and keep the phone at 80%...the most efficiency.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
In effect, this gives the Moto Z a replaceable battery.
Going to see what kind of battery life I get utilizing phone battery alone.
Then will use the Incipio Wireless when off grid for any length of time.
That's my plan anyway ;-)
Thanks all

darin.radke.5

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
What I've noticed is the battery mod lasts a long time when keeping the phone at 80%. But if phone is below 80 and the mod has to charge the phone up to 80 before keeping it there, the mod drains pretty quickly.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine for Moto Z. Cannot wait to try it out :)

I had the Incipio mod and it worked just fine. But when the Moto External Power Pack dropped I sent my Incipio back. The Moto has:

Same mAh: 2200
Thinner profile
Lighter weight
Same modes (Power/Efficiency)
And is 1/2 the launch price of the Incipio at $39.99

Only reason to choose the Incipio is if wireless charging is important to you.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the Incipio mod and it worked just fine. But when the Moto External Power Pack dropped I sent my Incipio back. The Moto has:

Same mAh: 2200
Thinner profile
Lighter weight
Same modes (Power/Efficiency)
And is 1/2 the launch price of the Incipio at $39.99

Only reason to choose the Incipio is if wireless charging is important to you.

Fully agree with this. Love the new Moto battery pack. The lesser weight and thinner profile really make a nice difference.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Wireless charging is deciding factor. if I need extra battery I could use external battery pack

I totally get the wireless charging requirement.

But there's no comparison, in my mind, between a form-fitting low profile battery mod, and an external battery pack that has to be lugged around, charged separately, and kept track of. One is set it and forget it, the other is not.

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Received the mod and fir 60 seconds impressions are:
- It fits nicely with Incipio Moto Z bumper that I already had on my phone
- Battery mod is slippery so rubberized bumper helps a lot
- It makes the phone feel heavy but I guess it is expected
- It charges from wirelesses charger I had from Nolia Lumia times but it needs to be fit correctly on it otherwise phone produces warning sounds all the time with message "Wireless charger found" Not sure what it means.

Overall I do not yet know if I like it or not :) Will report back when I understand all pros and cons

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Used it for 2 days and starting to like it:
- Weight is not noticeable anymore I get used to it
- It gives ~6 extra hours of battery life for me though they claim 20 hours extra. I didn't watch any videos and din't play games but I use phone for internet browsing over wifi and messaging all the time.
- It charges on wireless charging pad overnight just fine

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
so I got 12 hours of main battery + incipio battery combined with average usage and phone is finally dying. I guess it is good enough?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12