Moto mods unusable on most first gen Moto Z devices in Europe

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Edit: title should be 'NEW Moto mods don't work, old ones work fine

So I bought a TurboPower pack mod for my first gen Moto Z Play.

It turns out that the mod does not work, I need Moto Mod platform 1.6. I am currently on 1.5. I made a thread on the Moto Z subreddit, I tried updating the Moto Mod app itself via APK and via circumventing to the US playstore. It will update but the platform will still be 1.5.

It turns out you need the May security patch or 7.1.1. Either one will bring you to Mod platform 1.6.

Meanwhile in Europe there is no clue as to when these updates will come, at least for the Z Play. I called them twice and they didn't know, asked the Moto Germany twitters, no response yet. On the Playstore I am in contact with them.

Meanwhile in Europe the new mods being bought for the first gen devices are literally useless, unusable except for the wireless charging shells maybe.

You can check your platform number by going to Options then tapping on Moto Mods.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
So sorry to hear that. Seems there should be a way to get that update. Hopefully you won't have to wait and can start using your new mod.

How is the bulk and weight compared to the older battery mods like from Incipio?

Rainer Gassen

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Let's hope the update will arrive soon; it's about time.

BTW where did you get the TurboPower Mod? I haven't seen it or any of the other new Mods listed as available on Motorola's european sites.

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
So sorry to hear that. Seems there should be a way to get that update. Hopefully you won't have to wait and can start using your new mod.

How is the bulk and weight compared to the older battery mods like from Incipio?

It's actually very nice, good even weight, good grip, just phenomenal. I did return the mod.

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Let's hope the update will arrive soon; it's about time.

BTW where did you get the TurboPower Mod? I haven't seen it or any of the other new Mods listed as available on Motorola's european sites.

Live in the Netherlands and it's available at 2 stores here. Bol.com and centralpoint.com

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I received a Moto Mod app update via the Play Store recently and that brought my Moto Mod app to Mod platform 1.6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy