Thinnest Battery Mod

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I know there's a few options here, including the upcoming Moto TurboPower mod (which, despite Moto's initial claims, will apparently be anything but "bulk-free" according to AC)...so does anyone have a read on which one is the thinnest?

Tumi?
Incipio?
Mophie?
Moto Turbo mod (supposedly as thick as the OG Z Play 😒)?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 14925.jpg
    14925.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It's this one... https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...with-wireless-charging%2Fecomm&token=-h-yVvRq
d403884b076d9e68f8242f138172efac.jpg

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I've tried quite a few of them and the lightest of the bunch is the Incipio battery mod without the wireless charging. I believe it's 79 g. The wireless charging version is 85 g. Never tried the Tumi battery mod but I'm sure it's the same. The new Moto Turbopower pack is 95 g, about the same as the Morphie.

As far as how thin they are compared to each other, the Incipio and Tumi are the thinnest right now available, with the new Moto Turbopower and Morphie being the thickest.

I like the idea of the new Moto Turbopower pack. For the 10 grams or so more weight than the Incipio and Tumi your getting quite a bit more battery (more than 50%). But if it's something that can't be left on 24/7 then it's a deal breaker for me. And 95 g (for me) is too heavy for all day use. YMMV.

I thought Moto was going to release a thin 1000 mAh battery mod, as I believe it would have been successful. Hopefully in the future.

Last edited:

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've tried quite a few of them and the lightest of the bunch is the Incipio battery mod without the wireless charging. I believe it's 79 g. The wireless charging version is 85 g. Never tried the Tumi battery mod but I'm sure it's the same. The new Moto Turbopower pack is 95 g, about the same as the Morphie.

As far as how thin they are compared to each other, the Incipio and Tumi are the thinnest right now available, with the new Moto Turbopower and Morphie being the thickest.

I like the idea of the new Moto Turbopower pack. For the 10 grams or so more weight than the Incipio and Tumi your getting quite a bit more battery (more than 50%). But if it's something that can't be left on 24/7 then it's a deal breaker for me. And 95 g (for me) is too heavy for all day use. YMMV.

I thought Moto was going to release a thin 1000 mAh battery mod, as I believe it would have been successful. Hopefully in the future.

Thanks.

I see what Moto was doing here. Because their turbo mod was never meant to stay on the phone at all times, they're technically correct that you can get "an extra days battery life with no extra bulk." By which they mean: put on the mod, top off the device via TurboPower, then remove the mod. A bit misleading, but I get it...

Like you I want something I can keep on the phone at all times. And a mod that literally doubles the thickness of an already thick device ain't it. Moto just lost that sale and I bought the Incipio instead.

Last edited:

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the Incipio with wireless charging on my original Z Force pretty much 75% of the time

I was pretty tempted by that one the other day, Verizon's site had it for $60. I was hoping my wife's accessory discount would also apply, but it didn't. I probably would've bought it if it had, but instead I'm holding out to see what new things come about. The wireless charging (no battery) style shell will probably do the trick for me.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The wireless charging (no battery) style shell will probably do the trick for me.

I no longer have my Z Force, but i have my Mods. I have the Z2 Force on pre-order, and with the disappointing news that a style shell is not included, I was looking around. And even though the Wireless Charging shell is also over-priced, it seems pointless to pay for a regular style shell and not just pay a bit more for the Wireless charging feature

kingstu

Jul 20, 2017
Visit site
The Moto Power Pack (not to be confused with the Turbo Power Pack) launching Aug 10 at Best Buy is 2200mAH and 4.99mm think. I think it is the thinnest battery mod so far.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
The Moto Power Pack (not to be confused with the Turbo Power Pack) launching Aug 10 at Best Buy is 2200mAH and 4.99mm think. I think it is the thinnest battery mod so far.

Didn't know they were releasing this. Really good news as, if specs are correct, it will be the lightest and as you mentioned probably the thinnest battery mod available. Also the cheapest.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

At 2220 mAh, looks like this might just be the first batch (Incipio, Tumi, Kate Spade) in a new case.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
If anyone gets their hands on this when it becomes available, could you verify if it really does indeed weigh 2.5oz as stated on the specs. Incipio battery mod weights ended up being a bit heavier than listed.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Never mind... Just realized that is only the shell with wireless charging capability. Sorry.

Last edited:

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It is shown on the Mexican Motorola site as part of the Z2 Play Power Edition. They might "officially" launch it later this month for the USA before it becomes available for sale.

Well that's annoying. I bought the Incipio because I'd given up on this Moto-branded charger business. The questionably advertised Turbo Power Pack is thick as Hell, but then word of this one drops...and maybe IT'S the one they were talking about back in February at the MWC? I don't get the marketing strategy here.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Well that's annoying. I bought the Incipio because I'd given up on this Moto-branded charger business. The questionably advertised Turbo Power Pack is thick as Hell, but then word of this one drops...and maybe IT'S the one they were talking about back in February at the MWC? I don't get the marketing strategy here.

I don't quite understand it either. Why they are releasing these new battery mods that are already basically on the market is curious. Unless they are delivering them with less weight & bulk, which is my hope.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude