It seems that so many complain about the high price of mods but comparing a custom product to a generic mass-produced product is not a fair comparison. So much more goes into the making of a mod, such as the speaker mod, than just the price of a speaker.

The mods have to have custom firmware and need special circuitry to make it work "just so". There is so much testing to make sure that the mods don't interfere with the antennas and that they are high quality. But some people only care about the price.

The mods are on sale at for half price at Verizon. So ask those who complain about paying full price if they buy cars and pay the sticker price while you get the mod you want at a discount. I don't know how long the sale will last so I'm not going to be complaining, I'm going to go shopping.
    Scott337 and matthewkuhl like this.
    11-17-2017 05:35 PM
    I understand why they cost so much, and agree with the reasons you mentioned. I own quite a few between my wife and I and don't complain about the cost. Even though I think that many of the Mods could be priced less. Instead of complaining I shop for sales. My Z Force came with the Soundboost and Incipio for free. My wife's Z Play came with a Hassleblad for free. I bought her a Kate Spade battery Mod and her own Soundboost on E Bay ad "new - open box" for about 1/2 price. I don't need the original box to be pristine, I'm not picky. I bought us each a fee Style Shells directly from Moto and then bought the Wireless Style Shells from Moto as soon as they were available. I recently bought my daughter a Z Play and found her a Kate Spade battery Mod and Soundboost on E Bay for around 1/2 price. Both were used, but in excellent condition. There are good deals out there if you search for them, then you can enjoy the awesomeness of Moto Mods without spending a ton of cash.
    11-17-2017 06:34 PM
    in my honest opinion moto is the best manufacturer provides mods and there's no competition so the prices are somehow high.
    11-17-2017 06:38 PM