After so many cycles?

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Got the Z3 play from best buy few days ago for 350. Nice phone. Best phone I have had so far since 2007. But just curious what happens after say 3 years? Once the internal battery has reach 500 cycles or how many ever when its fully dead. Will I be able to still add a battery mod and boot from that once fully charged? Or does it not recognize the mod and there needs to be juice in the internal battery in oder for it to work? I forget what happened last night when I drained my internal.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Need to have some internal battery to boot. 3 years from now that phone probably won't work and it will be time for a new one.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Need to have some internal battery to boot. 3 years from now that phone probably won't work and it will be time for a new one.

You’re gonna really have to put it through some abuse for a Z3 battery to not last three years.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, after three years, you're not likely going to be at the full end of life for the battery.
A charge cycle = 100% usage. ie: day 1: 40% left -> charge to 100%. Day 2 60% left -> charge to 100% = 1 cycle.
And it's not a finite number of cycles a battery may have. That's the average to when it's below useful life, which is usually denoted at less than 80% of original capacity. You'll need to pound the hell out of the battery (kill it several times in a single day, each and every day, for those three years!) for it to be 100% useless.

To answer the other half of your question, I have a Z-Force that maybe gets me through 4hrs on a charge. With the extended battery trying to keep it at 80%, I get a whole day still. That said, I figured it was time to get a new phone anyways. I had the upgrade, the Z3 (not play) was on sale for 220, so why not, right?

xeene

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Here is my personal experience from someone who used moto z play for 3 years straight with battery mod in efficiency mode. The phone will be fine, battery almost like new, asurion battery app says its at 94% capacity. Battery mod on other hand will have about 50% of its max capacity as I put mine through about 2-3k charge cycles.

The trick to keep your phone battery from degrading is not to keep it at constant 100% charge as that stresses battery and makes it degrade faster.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE