Motorola X Phone

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like this isn't going to be anything special anyway.
bunyvaqu.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like this isn't going to be anything special anyway. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/31/bunyvaqu.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

These statements don't really match much of the original leak, so like all rumors, both have to be taken with a grain of salt. I still think this will be the beginning of Motorola's "Galaxy" line, and in that sense this will be something to keep an eye on, regardless of whether people say it's no big deal or not.

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
These statements don't really match much of the original leak, so like all rumors, both have to be taken with a grain of salt. I still think this will be the beginning of Motorola's "Galaxy" line, and in that sense this will be something to keep an eye on, regardless of whether people say it's no big deal or not.

Yeah kind of disappointed that it wasn't going to blow our minds with specs, but at least it will have the latest version of Android. Hopefully it has decent specs compared to others.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Of course there's nothing surprising about Google using Motorola to make devices, but there should obviously be lots of hype and anticipation to see what kind of phone Google and Motorola can make.

I want a phone that looks like the Nexus, has a battery like the Razr Maxx, has Motorola quality radios, and gets updates straight from Google. That all seems feasible.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So you want a moto nexus.... Been covered.

The first real googlrola phones won't hit until the second half of next year

Sent from my PMID1000B using Android Central Forums

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

True, but he usually knows more than most. And a Motorola "Galaxy" line doesn't really excite me. That's basically what the RAZR line is now except that it's not available on all carriers. I'll keep an eye on this one but I'm definitely not really excited about it anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Of course it will have decent specs. All moto phones have decent specs. But they are never more than decent, and that's kind of my problem with them. Nothing pushing the label.

I will say however that I got to play with a maxx HD today and was impressed. Actually felt decent in the hand unlike it's previous version and the ui is not as much of a cluster **** as I originally perceived. If I were in the market it would be a strong consideration.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The accidental push of a Jelly Bean 4.1.2 build for the DROID RAZR/RAZR MAXX probably doesn't help the Motorola-Verizon relationship.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Got a article on that... Been out of touch lately

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Original Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX receiving Jelly Bean OTA update | Android Central

Backstory is whoever was updating Motorola's test servers updated the wrong one, accidentally pushing an early Jelly Bean live. Posts from other Motorola insiders indicate Verizon isn't too happy about having to support (and in some cases even swap out phones for) people who got this update.

halimaw96

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Since this is going to be a collaboration with Google, does anyone expect it to be at the same price range as the Nexus 4? B/c if this phone is gonna sell for less than 400 dollars my Lumia is going out the window lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Since this is going to be a collaboration with Google, does anyone expect it to be at the same price range as the Nexus 4? B/c if this phone is gonna sell for less than 400 dollars my Lumia is going out the window lol.

..it's a collaboration with Google in the sense that Google owns Motorola and Motorola is using Android.

Unless Google is subsidizing some of the cost of this phone (I'm still in the camp that believes the Nexus 4/7/10 pricing is being subsidized by Google), the carrier version of this phone will have similar prices to phones now.

halimaw96

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
..it's a collaboration with Google in the sense that Google owns Motorola and Motorola is using Android.

Unless Google is subsidizing some of the cost of this phone (I'm still in the camp that believes the Nexus 4/7/10 pricing is being subsidized by Google), the carrier version of this phone will have similar prices to phones now.

Shame, I was hoping it'd be a little cheaper than the rest. I guess I'll stick with the nexus camp, that is if the N5 is going to be as aggressively priced as the N4

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Google xPhone: An attack on Samsung, not iPhone

Google X Phone rumor analysis: Samsung competitor possible

Bottom-line: yes, the xPhone is Google?s attempt to full-on copy the Apple ecosystem, hardware plus software plus app store, all fully controlled by one company. This has proven extremely profitable for Apple. I think the xPhone is also an attempt by Google to squeeze any value it can from its extremely costly Motorola acquisition. But, I also believe that the xPhone is a long-term hedge against the rising power that Samsung has within Google?s own Android ecosystem. In the smartphone wars, friends and enemies can shift frequently. Google understands this.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I do not agree with many parts of this article. First of all, how does this one person know where Google is making its money? From what I understand Google is an information company, making money through advertising and selling that information to advertisers. In that sense, Android has been a huge success in gathering data for Google to use and sell.

While it's possible Samsung could use a fork of Android, we all saw iPhone users flock back to Google Maps as soon as it was released on the iPhone, who's to say that wouldn't happen with a forked Samsung device running Bing maps?

I think this is Google taking Motorola in the same direction that Samsung and Apple are going, but not that Google's intent is to compete with Samsung.

The author refuses to consider why Android is an open source operating system in the first place. It's so that as many people use android as possible, giving Google as much information to sell as possible. Samsung has been a major player in the Android brand, but I would be very surprised if they were actually hurting Google at all.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I do not agree with many parts of this article. First of all, how does this one person know where Google is making its money? From what I understand Google is an information company, making money through advertising and selling that information to advertisers. In that sense, Android has been a huge success in gathering data for Google to use and sell.

While it's possible Samsung could use a fork of Android, we all saw iPhone users flock back to Google Maps as soon as it was released on the iPhone, who's to say that wouldn't happen with a forked Samsung device running Bing maps?

I think this is Google taking Motorola in the same direction that Samsung and Apple are going, but not that Google's intent is to compete with Samsung.

The author refuses to consider why Android is an open source operating system in the first place. It's so that as many people use android as possible, giving Google as much information to sell as possible. Samsung has been a major player in the Android brand, but I would be very surprised if they were actually hurting Google at all.

Agreed.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

As long as phones are sold and people use them, Google makes money. Google probably makes more money off of apple than android. Google would have no reason to attack any of the oems. It would be self destructive.

Plus, everything else I have seen has said not stock android on this phone, which would mean that the updates come through moto. That does not mean they will not be timely, but it does mean they will not be directly from Google.

Also, Google taking any real control or favoritism toward moto would be completely opposite of what they said they would do and have done. Just because they own them, does not mean that they are any more of a part of Google than any other company in terms of business. They have to bid in Google's business just like every other oem.

Google having moto is just like owning a car in a lot of cars that you all can drive. Yes you happen to own that one, but you can choose to drive whatever car you want. Sometime you want the fastest car, sometimes you want the most efficient, sometimes you want the best looking, and sometimes you want the most fun to drive.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As long as phones are sold and people use them, Google makes money. Google probably makes more money off of apple than android. Google would have no reason to attack any of the oems. It would be self destructive.

Plus, everything else I have seen has said not stock android on this phone, which would mean that the updates come through moto. That does not mean they will not be timely, but it does mean they will not be directly from Google.

Also, Google taking any real control or favoritism toward moto would be completely opposite of what they said they would do and have done. Just because they own them, does not mean that they are any more of a part of Google than any other company in terms of business. They have to bid in Google's business just like every other oem.

Google having moto is just like owning a car in a lot of cars that you all can drive. Yes you happen to own that one, but you can choose to drive whatever car you want. Sometime you want the fastest car, sometimes you want the most efficient, sometimes you want the best looking, and sometimes you want the most fun to drive.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I agree, but what if the top vendor starts to migrate off of Android, by either forking like Amazon or pouring resources into Tizen? Would Google's answer be to develop services for Tizen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969