08-01-2013 12:41 PM
535 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Lol there is no way that the X will be in the nexus price range unless it is replacing the nexus.

The nexus is a dev phone subsidized by Google to make it cheap for developers. Google makes no money selling it. They only make it to support android and the ad revenue and information it creates for them.

The X phone is a phone made by Motorola. Motorola has to make a profit or they go under. There is a reason every other smartphone is $500+. It's because companies have to make money on hardware. Something Google does not have to do.

Now Google COULD subsidize the xphone the same way, but why? What purpose would there be for the nexus line? Will moto never stand on their own without papa Google paying the bills for them?

This phone has so many unreasonable pipe dreams attached to it it is ridiculous. It's destined for failure just because of the internet.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Ry likes this.
    07-11-2013 12:17 PM
    Lol there is no way that the X will be in the nexus price range unless it is replacing the nexus.

The nexus is a dev phone subsidized by Google to make it cheap for developers. Google makes no money selling it. They only make it to support android and the ad revenue and information it creates for them.

The X phone is a phone made by Motorola. Motorola has to make a profit or they go under. There is a reason every other smartphone is $500+. It's because companies have to make money on hardware. Something Google does not have to do.

Now Google COULD subsidize the xphone the same way, but why? What purpose would there be for the nexus line? Will moto never stand on their own without papa Google paying the bills for them?

This phone has so many unreasonable pipe dreams attached to it it is ridiculous. It's destined for failure just because of the internet.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Thank you.
    07-11-2013 12:32 PM
    Nobody knows what the exact price will be but I have read a lot more of the $199/$599 numbers now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Analyzing what people have wrote re: $199/$599 -

Articles seem to say "reasonably" or "competitively" priced with current smartphones. $199 on a two-year contract/$599 full-retail is the current pricing for most smartphones. That's where $199/$599 comes from. For the X to compete, all it would have to do is be sold either at or below the $199/$599.

Until it's announced, no one should read the $199/$599 as fact.
    07-11-2013 12:37 PM
    07-11-2013 12:47 PM
    The X phone is a phone made by Motorola. Motorola has to make a profit or they go under. There is a reason every other smartphone is $500+.
    This is a ridicules statement. Just because every company is selling phones for $500+, doesnt make it "normal".

Now Google COULD subsidize the xphone the same way, but why?
    This is why google COULD subsidize the xphone:
    - To get the Motorola brand back on track.
    - To connect people who doesnt have a lot of money with the internet. This is also a objective of google (ads,paid services,etc.), so that's a interesting point for both companies.

Posted via Android Central App
    dcunited08 likes this.
    07-11-2013 02:21 PM
    The reason the latest generation costs $599+ is because they have the latest tech. I'd hope that putting in last year's hardware would save some money.
    07-11-2013 02:32 PM
    The reason the latest generation costs $599+ is because they have the latest tech. I'd hope that putting in last year's hardware would save some money.
    Why are people still saying this? The N4 was $299/349, and it had top-of-the-line hardware when it came out.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Aquila and hokiesteve like this.
    07-11-2013 02:39 PM
    This is a ridicules statement. Just because every company is selling phones for $500+, doesnt make it "normal".
    Actually if everyone but one company is selling phones for $500+, the one company that isn't selling phones for $500+ isn't normal.

This is why google COULD subsidize the xphone:
    - To get the Motorola brand back on track.
    - To connect people who doesnt have a lot of money with the internet. This is also a objective of google (ads,paid services,etc.), so that's a interesting point for both companies.

But would Google subsidize Motorola's phones, potentially angering Samsung, LG, HTC, and all the other manufacturers?
    07-11-2013 03:05 PM
    Why are people still saying this? The N4 was $299/349, and it had top-of-the-line hardware when it came out.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    The n4 was subsidized, the moto X may or may not be.

Some more new insight (obviously based on leaks, not facts)

X Phone specs, and why you shouldn't care. - Android Authority

I agree with the theme of this article, experience should take a front seat and specs should take a backseat. But will motorola be able to make an argument that we should pay the same for an experience as we pay for the components (if the price matches the GS4 for example)? Apple does (successfully). I dont know if essentially stock android can make the same argument.
    07-11-2013 03:09 PM
    I didn't see this new rumor posted anywhere. I know rumors are a dime a dozen but cnet.com is a pretty mainstream site. Leak shows Moto X, HTC One hitting Verizon next month | Crave - CNET I find it interesting that verizon could have the phone as early as August. They always seem to be the last.
    07-11-2013 08:35 PM
    That was posted on Android Central's main page earlier today.
    jdbii and Ry like this.
    07-11-2013 09:34 PM
    That was posted on Android Central's main page earlier today.
    Woops. I never was very good at reading anything unless there were lots of pictures and even now I flew right past it.
    07-11-2013 09:57 PM
    http://m.androidauthority.com/moto-x...scoble-242688/

Motorola executive found using a Motorola X.
    He used it to take a video ( or picture).
    Aquila likes this.
    07-12-2013 05:15 AM
    Up to date story.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertho...-phone-report/

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-12-2013 06:02 AM
    Eric Schmidt spotted using Moto X

Eric Schmidt spotted using Moto X [Images]
    Aquila and Ry like this.
    07-12-2013 07:47 AM
    If it does end up being 200/600, then these leaked specs better be incorrect. I'm not sure that most people would spend the same amount or more for the X when the One, S4, IP5S, etc. have superior specs. The made in america label will only get them so far, most people are fixated on specs these days. For the price, I'd expect 1080p, S600 at the least. If the price ends up being way less, or if the actual internals of the phone can be customized to order, then were on to something.
    dcunited08 likes this.
    07-12-2013 09:39 AM
    Is the Texas plant already up and running? If the Moto X is going to be released this summer or by the end of summer, that must mean that production has already started. I wonder if the pics of the Eric Schmidt holding the Moto X were of a unit that was made in Texas.
    07-12-2013 12:47 PM
    Can they at least please announce the phone and get it into the hands of reviewers already? I have an upgrade coming up next week, and I need to know if I should save it for August or use it next week.
    07-12-2013 12:54 PM
    I want this phone as long it has stock android or very minimalistic ui. Then I hope they have a OEM extended battery that's 3000mah batteries.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-12-2013 01:20 PM
    Can they at least please announce the phone and get it into the hands of reviewers already? I have an upgrade coming up next week, and I need to know if I should save it for August or use it next week.
    I'd wait a month if I were you. Or at least get a phone that's easy to dump on ebay if your hot little hands just have to have something new to hold you over for a few weeks
    07-12-2013 01:50 PM
    The n4 was subsidized, the moto X may or may not be.

Some more new insight (obviously based on leaks, not facts)

X Phone specs, and why you shouldn't care. - Android Authority

I agree with the theme of this article, experience should take a front seat and specs should take a backseat. But will motorola be able to make an argument that we should pay the same for an experience as we pay for the components (if the price matches the GS4 for example)? Apple does (successfully). I dont know if essentially stock android can make the same argument.
    I don't think the Nexus 4 (or the Nexus 7 for that matter) is subsidized. I do suspect google sells them at cost so that developers have an inexpensive reference device to develop and test on.
    07-13-2013 08:19 AM
    Haha I've skipped a upgrade and have been holding onto this one for a month or so now. (my family shares / switches upgrades)
    I want this phone as long it has stock android or very minimalistic ui. Then I hope they have a OEM extended battery that's 3000mah batteries.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Minimalistic, I love that circles widget.

The only thing that worries me is that theres no power button on top. Atleast with my brothers Droid Maxx HD the power button and volume rocker are odd in placement and use, with me atleast.
    07-13-2013 07:18 PM
    Haha I've skipped a upgrade and have been holding onto this one for a month or so now. (my family shares / switches upgrades)

Minimalistic, I love that circles widget.

The only thing that worries me is that theres no power button on top. Atleast with my brothers Droid Maxx HD the power button and volume rocker are odd in placement and use, with me atleast.
    I think power button is on the right and volume rocker on the left. I will settle with Motorola ui since from what seen of late they try keep as close stock compared to other OEM ui. As long as I can get an extended battery up to at least the 3000mah range I think will be happy with the phone. Through I will still wait to see what Nexus 5 will be before getting a Moto X.

Battery performance is number one concern with my next phone and then having stock android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila likes this.
    07-13-2013 07:49 PM
    The Motorola X may have a open mic.
    When the screen is off, it can still make calls, and other activities even when the screen is not active

Motorola "X" Phone-1373790642971.jpg
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    07-14-2013 03:31 AM
    http://m.androidauthority.com/leaked...s4-pro-243648/

4.7` Screen, and boot-animation leaked.
    The benchmark has identified the CPU as a S4, but the benchmark scored the CpU highly: In the same league as the S600.
    This means the S4 CPU may be a S4 Pro or S600, Motorola has made extreme-optimizations for the device. Or the benchmarks has made a likely mistake.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-14-2013 05:22 AM
535 ... 1617181920 ...