08-01-2013 12:41 PM
535 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    07-14-2013 07:32 AM
    The Motorola X may have a open mic.
    When the screen is off, it can still make calls, and other activities even when the screen is not active

Attachment 73892
    And ppl complained about the xbox listing in lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    07-14-2013 09:25 AM
    And ppl complained about the xbox listing in lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
    Hey the whole mandatory kinnect issue, and it always being on even when the console is off, is a very serious security and privacy issue.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    07-14-2013 10:35 AM
    Stupid tt double post.
    07-14-2013 10:35 AM
    If it does end up being 200/600, then these leaked specs better be incorrect. I'm not sure that most people would spend the same amount or more for the X when the One, S4, IP5S, etc. have superior specs. The made in america label will only get them so far, most people are fixated on specs these days. For the price, I'd expect 1080p, S600 at the least. If the price ends up being way less, or if the actual internals of the phone can be customized to order, then were on to something.
    If by "most people" you mean normal consumers, I can assure you that they probably don't care about specs as much as this community. Majority of normal consumers couldn't tell you the difference between the s4 and s600, what differentiates a dual core cpu from a quad from, the ppi on 1080 screens vs 720. They look and the phone and think, "how clear is this screen?" "how smooth is the phone?" "how long will my battery last?"

Another question I ask you is, say Motorola optimized the dual core s4 in the Moto X so much that it would get better performance and battery life than if they were to put a quad core in. Would you still be complaining about the lack of a quad core processor? Speaking of the iPhone you brought up, the 5 has lower specs than almost every android flagship device available now, but yet has smoother performance.

OEMs should be doing what Moto is doing, optimizing the OS so that it runs without any hitches. Not just sticking bigger and bigger processors in the phones hoping the kinks are magically fixed.
    Aquila, bigdaddytee, Mooem and 1 others like this.
    07-14-2013 10:43 AM
    OEMs should be doing what Moto is doing, optimizing the OS so that it runs without any hitches. Not just sticking bigger and bigger processors in the phones hoping the kinks are magically fixed.
    Exactly. I'm really interested to see what Motorola might have achieved here, particularly considering Woodside's comments from the All Things Digital conference in May.

The people who jizz themselves while simply looking at a list of specs? Samsung has them covered.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-14-2013 11:08 AM
    If by "most people" you mean normal consumers, I can assure you that they probably don't care about specs as much as this community. Majority of normal consumers couldn't tell you the difference between the s4 and s600, what differentiates a dual core cpu from a quad from, the ppi on 1080 screens vs 720. They look and the phone and think, "how clear is this screen?" "how smooth is the phone?" "how long will my battery last?"

Another question I ask you is, say Motorola optimized the dual core s4 in the Moto X so much that it would get better performance and battery life than if they were to put a quad core in. Would you still be complaining about the lack of a quad core processor? Speaking of the iPhone you brought up, the 5 has lower specs than almost every android flagship device available now, but yet has smoother performance.

Absolutely, not everyone looks at specs, but when they are deciding between phones, they absolutely do. Take Apple for instance, they tend to make incremental changes to thier phones most of the time, yet people flock to replace thier last gen idevice. Apple themselves have gotten into the spec game themselves, with bigger screens and comparable preocessors. Obviously, Android is king when it comes to hyped up specs, there's little to argue there. I'm not saying specs are MY deciding factor when looking at a phone, but for a lot of people it is. When you look at several phones that are the same price, and one stands out with a lower res screen and older processor, it will effect a lot of peoples decisions. Some of the other features they will offer on the X may win back some of those people though, and possibly even myself. Now, if they were able to get better perforamance out of the dual core, obviously I wouldn't question the lack of the quad core processor. What I would wonder is what more could they get out of the latest gen quad core processor. I'm not here to make blanket statements on what people do and don't look for. It's quite obvious that some people look at specs(but not just specs) when making thier purchase, and those are the people I was speaking about. I look at a long list things when purchasing a new phone: designs, OS, features, camera, design, screen and yes specs. I was in no way trying to imply that people just look at specs or that they were my only concern.
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    07-16-2013 12:56 PM
    http://m.androidauthority.com/leaked...s4-pro-243648/

4.7` Screen, and boot-animation leaked.
    The benchmark has identified the CPU as a S4, but the benchmark scored the CpU highly: In the same league as the S600.
    This means the S4 CPU may be a S4 Pro or S600, Motorola has made extreme-optimizations for the device. Or the benchmarks has made a likely mistake.
    Are not all s600 processors on 1080p phones? The X is supposedly 720p. Would be a lot easier to score highly in a benchmark. Not as much optimization as you might think...

Sent from my SCH-I535
    07-16-2013 02:14 PM
    http://m.androidauthority.com/leaked...s4-pro-243648/

4.7` Screen, and boot-animation leaked.
    The benchmark has identified the CPU as a S4, but the benchmark scored the CpU highly: In the same league as the S600.
    This means the S4 CPU may be a S4 Pro or S600, Motorola has made extreme-optimizations for the device. Or the benchmarks has made a likely mistake.
    It's an S4 Pro, but its the dual core version. The Adreno 320 gives it away.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-16-2013 06:35 PM
    The only thing I want at this point (besides the low price being true) is Qi charging.
    07-17-2013 07:29 AM
    Boot animation is.. strange.
    07-17-2013 09:15 AM
    Haha I've skipped a upgrade and have been holding onto this one for a month or so now. (my family shares / switches upgrades)

Minimalistic, I love that circles widget.

The only thing that worries me is that theres no power button on top. Atleast with my brothers Droid Maxx HD the power button and volume rocker are odd in placement and use, with me atleast.
    I think power button is on the right and volume rocker on the left. I will settle with Motorola ui since from what seen of late they try keep as close stock compared to other OEM ui. As long as I can get an extended battery up to at least the 3000mah range I think will be happy with the phone. Through I will still wait to see what Nexus 5 will be before getting a Moto X.

Battery performance is number one concern with my next phone and then having stock android.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Looks like the power button and volume are on the right side of the phone.

Sim card tray?
    07-17-2013 11:10 AM
    On one hand I am quite eager to own a phone assembled in the US, on the other hand Specs do matter if you keep your phone for a significant ammount of time [I still have my Droid 2 g] Assuming the Droid Ultra specs trump the X and that they are equally "optimized" the Ultra might be the better choice for longevity.
    07-17-2013 11:40 AM
    On one hand I am quite eager to own a phone assembled in the US, on the other hand Specs do matter if you keep your phone for a significant ammount of time [I still have my Droid 2 g] Assuming the Droid Ultra specs trump the X and that they are equally "optimized" the Ultra might be the better choice for longevity.
    I am not on Verizon but if the software was same on Moto X and Droid Ultra then I would like have Droid only for possibility of bigger battery. The Droid Ultras having a bigger battery may mean a better battery life than Moto X which is what looking out for in my next phone.
    07-17-2013 12:12 PM
    The Ultra will likley be a rehash of the Droid Razr Maxx HD but 5" and all to 'compete' with the s4 and one.
    07-17-2013 12:44 PM
    This is looking more and more like a phone I might get my wife ;-)

Let's hope they can actually do something interesting with it software wise sense it looks like hardware will be a wash(typical for moto).

Sent from my SCH-I535
    07-17-2013 02:14 PM
    Last year the RAZR HD released well ahead of the Galaxy S3 and HTC one x in the spec race. Its problem was being Verizon only at a time when the note 2 and DNA were both being released.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-17-2013 03:27 PM
    Last year the RAZR HD released well ahead of the Galaxy S3 and HTC one x in the spec race. Its problem was being Verizon only at a time when the note 2 and DNA were both being released.

How was it ahead in the specs? It had the same hardware as both and less ram than the s3. And both came out months before. Meanwhile the dna and note 2 were stepping it up. The RAZR before it was the same way...

Sent from my SCH-I535
    07-17-2013 04:04 PM
    How was it ahead in the specs? It had the same hardware as both and less ram than the s3. And both came out months before. Meanwhile the dna and note 2 were stepping it up. The RAZR before it was the same way...

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Right, they were both 720p AMOLED, however the Razr was slightly higher ppi due to it being 768p over 4.7" rather than 720p over 4.8. The both had 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 dual core processors, both had 8MP cameras, both had SD cards, etc. Where the Razr beat out the S3 was in battery life, software and radios. The battery in the S3 is a 2,100 mAH and the Razr HD came in 2,530 for the standard or 3,300 for the Maxx.

The main point was they made something that compared perfectly to the Q2 phones and released almost 6 months later, while other OEM's were making devices that were ahead of the pack. I think we agree on that point. But the only things the S3 beat the Razr HD on were RAM, carrier availability and units sold.
    07-17-2013 04:15 PM
    If we are not already there then very soon shopping for a high end phone for most consumers will be the same as shopping for a luxury car. The vast majority of luxury car buyers really don't care what is under the hood nor understand the engineering differences between BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. There always will be a cadre of enthusiasts who do know the details, and there might be special niches of phones that carve out strong identity in a particular categories, just like Porche has carved out strong identity in the sport's car category, but I think phones have begun to plateau in innovation among the different brands. The number of "upcoming special announcements for unveiling new devices" by the majors or OEMs seems like a weekly occurrence. It makes me think the market is quite saturated yet the OEMs don't let up. Thinking out loud here and keeping with the car analogy, I wonder if eventually handful of major players will survive and then those for the long term will be the brands that are here to stay.
    Aquila and osubeavs728 like this.
    07-17-2013 10:40 PM
    Looks quite thick.
    07-19-2013 02:57 AM
    Right, they were both 720p AMOLED, however the Razr was slightly higher ppi due to it being 768p over 4.7" rather than 720p over 4.8. The both had 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 dual core processors, both had 8MP cameras, both had SD cards, etc. Where the Razr beat out the S3 was in battery life, software and radios. The battery in the S3 is a 2,100 mAH and the Razr HD came in 2,530 for the standard or 3,300 for the Maxx.

The main point was they made something that compared perfectly to the Q2 phones and released almost 6 months later, while other OEM's were making devices that were ahead of the pack. I think we agree on that point. But the only things the S3 beat the Razr HD on were RAM, carrier availability and units sold.
    And camera. Even though they had the same number of megapixels, the camera on the razrs was god awful.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    07-19-2013 03:03 AM
    Anyone else feel like it is time for another leak about the Moto X......It just feels right that something more will drop today. Here is hoping.
    07-19-2013 06:23 AM
    Anyone else feel like it is time for another leak about the Moto X......It just feels right that something more will drop today. Here is hoping.
    There's not that much left lol. Price?
    07-19-2013 06:53 AM
    Price, battery, specifics of customization, and the unknown features

dcunited08 and ChuckG73 like this.
    07-19-2013 07:27 AM
535 ... 1718192021 ...