08-01-2013 01:41 PM
535 ... 1819202122
tools
    There's not that much left lol. Price?
    Leo Laporte said there are some features not released in the rumours and said they were "exciting".

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    07-19-2013 09:32 AM
    Yeah they have to leave some level of mystery to this. I'm sure we won't know everything until a couple weeks prior to the release.
    07-19-2013 09:58 AM
    All I ask of the Moto X is that it be Nexus 4 like enough to allow me to have something similar to the Nexus 4 but on Verizon.

This fixation on quad core in the Android community is a lot of silliness. Hardly anything in the Android OS or apps has any idea what to do with quad core and most only use a single core.
    The iPhone 5 has a dual core cpu but the OS and almost all apps are compiled and is much more optimized in general. Anyone who has developed in both knows this to be true. All you have to is use a profiler to watch hardware and memory utilization. iOS development tools are also much better and assist iOS developers in creating efficient code whereas Android dev tools suck and many Android apps are poorly written.

If by "most people" you mean normal consumers, I can assure you that they probably don't care about specs as much as this community. Majority of normal consumers couldn't tell you the difference between the s4 and s600, what differentiates a dual core cpu from a quad from, the ppi on 1080 screens vs 720. They look and the phone and think, "how clear is this screen?" "how smooth is the phone?" "how long will my battery last?"

Another question I ask you is, say Motorola optimized the dual core s4 in the Moto X so much that it would get better performance and battery life than if they were to put a quad core in. Would you still be complaining about the lack of a quad core processor? Speaking of the iPhone you brought up, the 5 has lower specs than almost every android flagship device available now, but yet has smoother performance.

OEMs should be doing what Moto is doing, optimizing the OS so that it runs without any hitches. Not just sticking bigger and bigger processors in the phones hoping the kinks are magically fixed.
    Interesting but Laporte is prone to being hyperbolic. Especially if he sees ad money coming his way.

Leo Laporte said there are some features not released in the rumours and said they were "exciting".

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Pollster likes this.
    07-19-2013 12:43 PM
    Come on now, snookasnoo. People need that extra pair of cores so their facebook app can have a it's physics calculation thread not be interrupted and switched out for it's AI simulation thread. All while it's pre-fetch thread loads every permutation of clicks on friend's galleries.
    Aquila, ChuckG73 and adamspt2 like this.
    07-19-2013 01:13 PM
    Come on now, snookasnoo. People need that extra pair of cores so their facebook app can have a it's physics calculation thread not be interrupted and switched out for it's AI simulation thread. All while it's pre-fetch thread loads every permutation of clicks on friend's galleries.
    Hi mister alternate account!
    07-19-2013 01:39 PM
    Huh?
    07-19-2013 02:32 PM
    All I ask of the Moto X is that it be Nexus 4 like enough to allow me to have something similar to the Nexus 4 but on Verizon.

This fixation on quad core in the Android community is a lot of silliness. Hardly anything in the Android OS or apps has any idea what to do with quad core and most only use a single core.
    It's interesting that the Nexus 4 has a quadcore, yet the dualcore on the Moto X seems to be out performing it (at least in benchmarks, for what that's worth).
    07-19-2013 07:14 PM
    It's interesting that the Nexus 4 has a quadcore, yet the dualcore on the Moto X seems to be out performing it (at least in benchmarks, for what that's worth).
    Its probably built on a smaller more advanced die, with a better instruction set than any quad core can offer. It may also have a higher fsb multiplier as well.

I mean it was advertised with having features not seen in any other smartphone to date. That could apply to hardware as well as software.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    SpiralBorg likes this.
    07-19-2013 07:40 PM
    Exactly, I'm interested in this phone. If this phone came out with a 5" 1080p screen with a quadcore processor and a 12mp camera there wouldn't really be a point to get it, just another entry in the spec race. Though this phone is aiming to be the ultimate SMART phone, enhanced Google Now, your phone as a servent, as the ultimate companion.
    07-19-2013 07:48 PM
    A leak on the verge says 4.5 inch screen and 1500mah battery? 1500....really?

The Verge: Here's what's inside the Moto X. http://google.com/producer/s/CBIwu-KQFw
    07-19-2013 08:17 PM

The Verge: Here's what's inside the Moto X. http://google.com/producer/s/CBIwu-KQFw
    "In the vicinity of 4.5"" from a tipster that had hands on usage... my guess is they measured top to bottom or didn't measure it at all, but compared form factor to another device. The pictures of the device with a measuring tape clearly show 4.7".
    07-19-2013 08:22 PM
    It's 4.5" if you don't include the navbar, so that's probably what the tipster did. I don't understand how 1500 will be enough, though, especially after they kept making those comments about how much of a problem battery life is and how they wanted to fix it.
    07-20-2013 02:35 AM
    It's 4.5" if you don't include the navbar, so that's probably what the tipster did. I don't understand how 1500 will be enough, though, especially after they kept making those comments about how much of a problem battery life is and how they wanted to fix it.
    They never said they would throw a big battery in it, they said that the phone would be smarter to prevent unnecessary drain.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    07-20-2013 03:08 AM
    They never said they would throw a big battery in it, they said that the phone would be smarter to prevent unnecessary drain.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    And battery life is also a very good reason not to throw a monster 1080p 5.5" screen on something.
    07-20-2013 03:17 AM
    Motorola "X" Phone-1374308396090.jpg

A leak showing off the design of the Motorola X, the back is supposedly Kevlar.
    07-20-2013 04:20 AM

1500mah is what software is reading this may not be the actual be full capacity of battery.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-20-2013 04:48 AM

07-20-2013 04:54 AM
    I very much hope that this does not come with a crappy camera and crappy battery life like all Google phones. These two points will be the deciding factors.
    07-20-2013 09:04 AM
    I'm really starting to like the design of the phone, especially the shot above. It's like a Nexus 4 from the front, HTC One shaped from the back, and the kevlar is a nice touch. I'm really waiting to get an official word on specs, then see how the phone fairs in some comparisons. Usually it would be hard for me to buy something with lesser specs than what I have, but I'll keep an open mind and wait for some reviews. The screen is probably going to be a big factor for me, but hopefully I'll be able to see it in store and compare it with my One. The oone big let down for me will probably be storage space. I listen to a tons of music, so I'm looking for something with about 64gb of space. If it's that customizable, then that alone might make me sell my One for this. I'm still bitter that ATT got the exclusives on the 64gb One, I'm sitting at about 4gb available at the momenton my 32gb, haha.
    07-20-2013 11:12 AM
    Isn't that a flash led? Earlier posts said it didn't have one which would be a show stopper for some.
    07-20-2013 11:40 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1374308396090.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	74373

A leak showing off the design of the Motorola X, the back is supposedly Kevlar.
    http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...ox-512x460.png

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2013 12:59 PM
    Very clean. I just picked up a Nexus 4, but I might need to sell that and get this if it looks good come August 1st.
    07-20-2013 02:04 PM
    I like it. Though is the homescreen for real? I think the spacing between doc and first row of apps is a little to wide. and a bit too stock. Would wish for the Circles widget, and the 4G indicator. ME being picky.
    07-20-2013 03:12 PM
    My questions for if this will be worth considering:

Will there be anything actually interesting about it hardware or software that is new?

Will it be on all carriers?

Will EVERY version have an unlocked bootloader?

What will the actual battery life be like? I could care less about the size of the battery. How long will it last me?

Storage?

Will it have actual stock android with only modified system apps for better camera and such, or will it have the typical molested moto ui that has random changes for no reason?

Committed updates or you might get something eventually policy?

Carrier bloat/diction?

Sent from my SCH-I535
    07-20-2013 03:58 PM
    Here's the shot I've been looking for (the profile). It looks fairly thick for a 2013 phone with 2012 specs doesn't? I think my GNex is thinner than this. Though I guess it's tough to compare...

Source: https://twitter.com/evleaks
    07-20-2013 04:31 PM
535 ... 1819202122