08-01-2013 01:41 PM
535 ... 23456 ...
tools
    the phone isnt finished bring made yet. No one knows the price but I would expect $300 on contract.

google didnt merge with motorola so i wouldnt expect them to sell moto phones in the google play store off contract
    Thanks

Yeah I know it hasn't been made yet. Just wondering if there were any rumored prices.
    03-14-2013 11:37 AM
    Thanks

Yeah I know it hasn't been made yet. Just wondering if there were any rumored prices.
    There's only two possible prices -

a) business as usual: $200 to $300 on a two-year contract, $600+ full retail

b) Nexus 4-like pricing
    Rizz1-2 likes this.
    03-14-2013 11:47 AM
    There's only two possible prices -

a) business as usual: $200 to $300 on a two-year contract, $600+ full retail

b) Nexus 4-like pricing
    my source told me that the mysterious motorola phone that was leaked two days ago is actually a prototype of the x phone. Notice there is no volume rocker on that phone? That is because volume is going to be controlled via the small motorola divot on the back of the phone. This version likely doesnt have that feature installed yet. The phone also appears to be running stock android because motorola is changing the way they add their skin's customizations to being a modular voice activated launcher type layer that runs on top of stock android. This will allow motorola to update their phones in a timely manner when AOSP receives a new update. The phone is supposedly activated by saying "moto please seach the web for x" etc. Also said the phone is going to come in a large variety of colors.

Also, the specs do seem a bit underwhelming as they are very similar to the nexus 4. That is why the google CFO said , "the upcoming moto phones are lacking the wow factor". although, I admit it is entirely possible that the processor will be upgraded in the final production model to a snap dragon 600. This is a glimpse of what the moto x could turn out to resemble. Sorry to burst your bubble fans of the moto nexus.
    03-14-2013 02:48 PM
    my source told me that the mysterious motorola phone that was leaked two days ago is actually a prototype of the x phone. Notice there is no volume rocker on that phone? That is because volume is going to be controlled via the small motorola divot on the back of the phone. This version likely doesnt have that feature installed yet. The phone also appears to be running stock android because motorola is changing the way they add their skin's customizations to being a modular voice activated launcher type layer that runs on top of stock android. This will allow motorola to update their phones in a timely manner when AOSP receives a new update. The phone is supposedly activated by saying "moto please seach the web for x" etc. Also said the phone is going to come in a large variety of colors.

Also, the specs do seem a bit underwhelming as they are very similar to the nexus 4. That is why the google CFO said , "the upcoming moto phones are lacking the wow factor". although, I admit it is entirely possible that the processor will be upgraded in the final production model to a snap dragon 600. This is a glimpse of what the moto x could turn out to resemble. Sorry to burst your bubble fans of the moto nexus.
    Shame it's only 4 inches. I'd prefer a 4.7

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 03:15 PM
    Shame it's only 4 inches. I'd prefer a 4.7

If you look at the video i think the phone is a lot closer to 4.7 it dwarfed the iphone 5 in wdith when put next to it.
    03-14-2013 03:34 PM
    If you look at the video i think the phone is a lot closer to 4.7 it dwarfed the iphone 5 in wdith when put next to it.
    Well thanks for the tip. I currently have the Gnex on Verizon and it doesn't look likely they'll get another Nexus. This may be my next device. Any word on the camera?

03-14-2013 03:43 PM
    Well thanks for the tip. I currently have the Gnex on Verizon and it doesn't look likely they'll get another Nexus. This may be my next device. Any word on the camera?

based on what I have heard from my source and the wall street journal article, the camera is supposed to be top notch. Lets just hope the processor gets updated to a SD 600 and this thing could be a winner.
    03-14-2013 04:43 PM
    Rumor: Motorola “X Phone” brand devices will have user customizable hardware | Android and Me

Here's a good rumor. Taylor is generally pretty good with his sources too.
    03-14-2013 06:50 PM
    based on what I have heard from my source and the wall street journal article, the camera is supposed to be top notch. Lets just hope the processor gets updated to a SD 600 and this thing could be a winner.
    Thanks for the info dr0me. Let's hope as I wasn't impressed with the s4. A lot of the same.

03-14-2013 07:45 PM
    Rumor: Motorola X Phone brand devices will have user customizable hardware | Android and Me

I would love this. Here's to hoping most of that is true!
    03-15-2013 09:07 AM
    Rumor: Motorola X Phone brand devices will have user customizable hardware | Android and Me

Generally pretty good?

After how they got played by the Android 4.2 rumors (see Rumor: Android 4.2 to feature Project Roadrunner, new Play store, Customization Center, enhanced Google Now), they're going to have to pretty much be spot on on everything listed in that X phone rumor thread for me to believe anything from that site going forward.
    03-15-2013 11:00 AM
    Generally pretty good?

After how they got played by the Android 4.2 rumors (see Rumor: Android 4.2 to feature Project Roadrunner, new Play store, Customization Center, enhanced Google Now), they're going to have to pretty much be spot on on everything listed in that X phone rumor thread for me to believe anything from that site going forward.
    I follow him on twitter, and more news is coming this weekend or next week...with pictures if you guys are interested
    03-15-2013 11:31 AM
    Let's just hope for a nice battery and a great processor.Biggest 2 things I consider when thinking of my next upgrade from my Nexus S 4G lol.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-15-2013 11:52 AM
    Let's just hope for a nice battery and a great processor.Biggest 2 things I consider when thinking of my next upgrade from my Nexus S 4G lol.
    Snapdragon 600
    Snapdragon 800
    Tegra T4/T4i

Though I prefer Snapdragon for my own selfish reasons, all three in the list are great.
    03-15-2013 12:23 PM
    I follow him on twitter, and more news is coming this weekend or next week...with pictures if you guys are interested
    Again -to me, he'd better be spot-on. It's his credibility at stake.

In the end, it's just rumors and nothing is official until it's official.
    AllenRulz and bunique4life05 like this.
    03-15-2013 12:24 PM
    Again -to me, he'd better be spot-on. It's his credibility at stake.

In the end, it's just rumors and nothing is official until it's official.
    I understand. It is just rumors that is why I always watch my excitement with this type of information. But he is always pretty good at apologizing and watching what he posts until he has good "rumors??" lol. But I agree, nothing is official until it's official. Just fun to speculate.
    03-15-2013 01:19 PM

this corroborates a lot of what I have said. (i.e. voice control / color/ modular updates )

everything i have heard is 100% in line with what this article says besides the octacore processor. My source didnt mention what it was packing but said the prototype was not nearly finished so i was hoping they would upgrade the processor to make it more competitive with the S4 and HTC One. sounds like this may shape up to be a pretty solid phone after all.
    03-15-2013 02:15 PM
    03-15-2013 02:18 PM
    Well, with price being the new "thing to beat" with phones now, I can see Google / Moto going this direction. Personally I'd love my phone be able to connect to my heart rate monitor when I'm working out.
    03-15-2013 06:46 PM
    Well, with price being the new "thing to beat" with phones now, I can see Google / Moto going this direction. Personally I'd love my phone be able to connect to my heart rate monitor when I'm working out.
    In terms of Android/iPhone, how is price the new thing to beat when everything not named Nexus 4 is the only outlier? Everything else falls in line to similar pricing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    03-15-2013 06:50 PM
    In terms of Android/iPhone, how is price the new thing to beat when everything not named Nexus 4 is the only outlier? Everything else falls in line to similar pricing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    I agree. The only phone that's competing on price is the Nexus like Ry said and everything else is priced like usual. The consumer market is still gonna be signing contracts so really the price won't matter when it comes to doing big numbers.

bunique4life05 likes this.
    03-15-2013 06:59 PM
    First Google X Phone prototype was actually leaked this week, new report says

Picture of an early prototype and more rumors, including a July shipping date.
    03-15-2013 10:12 PM
    First Google X Phone prototype was actually leaked this week, new report says

Picture of an early prototype and more rumors, including a July shipping date.
    "Google is not focused on specs or software gimmicks (like Samsung) for their upcoming products. Instead they want to produce an ultra-affordable mobile device that connects to a bunch of wearable accessories they plan to release later this year." -

So basically it might be just a dual core like said a week or so ago on a article I read. I hope this isn't true because Quad Core is the new thing. Can't go back words.
    03-16-2013 09:12 AM
    "Google is not focused on specs or software gimmicks (like Samsung) for their upcoming products. Instead they want to produce an ultra-affordable mobile device that connects to a bunch of wearable accessories they plan to release later this year." -

So basically it might be just a dual core like said a week or so ago on a article I read. I hope this isn't true because Quad Core is the new thing. Can't go back words.
    Middle or so of 2013 Google and Motorola are releasing a non quad core. That would be lame if true. So they're saying that because Google isn't into "gimmicks" that a quad core wouldn't benefit people who would like that power in a phone or at least the potential. That's the stupidest thing I've read from a big picture perspective at a minimum.

Even the nexus 4 is a quad core. Regardless that it's made by LG.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    03-16-2013 12:52 PM
    Motorola X not a phone, but a brand to rival the Galaxy lineup - GSMArena.com news

Okay, so if this is true then we MIGHT get a Quad Core Moto phone in the lineup... What do you all think?
    03-17-2013 08:36 AM
535 ... 23456 ...