Motorola "X" Phone

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola X-Phone Render Turns Out To Be Fake, Additional Details Revealed | Ubergizmo

In any case despite the image turning out to be fake, the folks at Ausdroid claim to have received a tip from one of their sources, sharing with them some details about the upcoming Motorola X smartphone. However since the rendering turned out to be a fake, who?s to say that these specs are to be trusted either, but we leave it to you to judge, just be sure to take it with a grain of salt for now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Motorola "X" Phone

New rumor:Motorola X Phone to come with 5-inch screen and Qualcomm CPU

Sounds questionable, we know, so make sure you have your grain of salt nearby. Then again, we?re more inclined to trust this new report because of the following specs that replace the ones mentioned 24 hours ago:

• 5-inch Full HD screen
  • 10 MP rear-facing camera
  • Unknown dual-core Qualcomm processor

Why 5-inch and not 4.7? Because, as much as we dig the HTC One, it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. And, while we don?t wholeheartedly agree with the principle, bigger is better in the Android d?cor nowadays.

10 MP camera instead of a whopping 16 MP? Bummer, we know, but Google is rumored to focus on ?better optics? instead of just cramming more megapixels in the new snapper, which is in fact what most people crave for.

And finally a Qualcomm CPU instead of Nvidia?s Tegra 4i. Sounds totally legitimate, except for the dual-core part. We know four cores are not necessarily better than two, but we?d still prefer the former, right?

New Google / Motorola X Phone Specs Leak, This Time Talking Snapdragon CPU

First of all let?s start with the screen. It?s not that a 5-incher is better than a 4-inch one, but this seems to be the trend. All the recently flagships have a 5-inch display, besides the HTC One which seems to be the only exception. I don?t know why, but the users prefer a bigger screen. I wonder how the smartphones of 2015 will look like, maybe we?ll need a bag to carry the phones.

I know that a 16 MP camera sounds better than a 10 MP one, but more megapixels doesn?t make the shooter take better pictures, it depends on the optics as well, and if we are to believe the rumors saying that Google is focusing on bigger optics, it won?t such a big deal. The most important thing is a high quality photo, not the number of megapixels of the camera.

As for the processor, the Nvidia Tegra 4i is replaced by a Qualcomm chip. Nothing wrong here, but what?s up with the dual-core part? Of course, more cores do not make a processor better all the times, but still there?s a problem here.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Galaxy S IV announcement this week? Looks like someone's trying to keep the "X" phone buzz going. My guess for tomorrow's rumors: Intel 2.0 GHz dual core Z2580 with XMM 7160, 4.7" 1080P screen, 13MP rear camera, 3000 mAh battery.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Galaxy S IV announcement this week? Looks like someone's trying to keep the "X" phone buzz going. My guess for tomorrow's rumors: Intel 2.0 GHz dual core Z2580 with XMM 7160, 4.7" 1080P screen, 13MP rear camera, 3000 mAh battery.

Sold!

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

So you think the Moto X will be only Dual Core?

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about price? Any chance I could expect this thing to be $600 or less?

the phone isnt finished bring made yet. No one knows the price but I would expect $300 on contract.

google didnt merge with motorola so i wouldnt expect them to sell moto phones in the google play store off contract

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
the phone isnt finished bring made yet. No one knows the price but I would expect $300 on contract.

google didnt merge with motorola so i wouldnt expect them to sell moto phones in the google play store off contract

Thanks

Yeah I know it hasn't been made yet. Just wondering if there were any rumored prices.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Yeah I know it hasn't been made yet. Just wondering if there were any rumored prices.

There's only two possible prices -

a) business as usual: $200 to $300 on a two-year contract, $600+ full retail

b) Nexus 4-like pricing

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
There's only two possible prices -

a) business as usual: $200 to $300 on a two-year contract, $600+ full retail

b) Nexus 4-like pricing

my source told me that the mysterious motorola phone that was leaked two days ago is actually a prototype of the x phone. Notice there is no volume rocker on that phone? That is because volume is going to be controlled via the small motorola divot on the back of the phone. This version likely doesnt have that feature installed yet. The phone also appears to be running stock android because motorola is changing the way they add their skin's customizations to being a modular voice activated launcher type layer that runs on top of stock android. This will allow motorola to update their phones in a timely manner when AOSP receives a new update. The phone is supposedly activated by saying "moto please seach the web for x" etc. Also said the phone is going to come in a large variety of colors.

Also, the specs do seem a bit underwhelming as they are very similar to the nexus 4. That is why the google CFO said , "the upcoming moto phones are lacking the wow factor". although, I admit it is entirely possible that the processor will be upgraded in the final production model to a snap dragon 600. This is a glimpse of what the moto x could turn out to resemble. Sorry to burst your bubble fans of the moto nexus.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
my source told me that the mysterious motorola phone that was leaked two days ago is actually a prototype of the x phone. Notice there is no volume rocker on that phone? That is because volume is going to be controlled via the small motorola divot on the back of the phone. This version likely doesnt have that feature installed yet. The phone also appears to be running stock android because motorola is changing the way they add their skin's customizations to being a modular voice activated launcher type layer that runs on top of stock android. This will allow motorola to update their phones in a timely manner when AOSP receives a new update. The phone is supposedly activated by saying "moto please seach the web for x" etc. Also said the phone is going to come in a large variety of colors.

Also, the specs do seem a bit underwhelming as they are very similar to the nexus 4. That is why the google CFO said , "the upcoming moto phones are lacking the wow factor". although, I admit it is entirely possible that the processor will be upgraded in the final production model to a snap dragon 600. This is a glimpse of what the moto x could turn out to resemble. Sorry to burst your bubble fans of the moto nexus.

Shame it's only 4 inches. I'd prefer a 4.7

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2