08-01-2013 01:41 PM
535 ... 45678 ...
tools
    What does this mean?
    It's a rather confusing statement especially since Android is Linux-based. How could it become something of which it already is?
    03-23-2013 11:00 AM
    What does this mean?
    Windows runs on Linux but does not get get try any of credit and the masses don't know about Linux. Samsung and HTC have Sense and Touchwiz that run on android however masses just see the device. The masses give all the credit to hardware manufacturs and not Google and Android so they are Linux.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    03-23-2013 02:02 PM
    Windows runs on Linux but does not get get try any of credit and the masses don't know about Linux. Samsung and HTC have Sense and Touchwiz that run on android however masses just see the device. The masses give all the credit to hardware manufacturs and not Google and Android so they are Linux.

Uh from my understanding windows doesn't run from Linux.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-2013 03:17 PM

Windows does NOT run on Linux. You may be thinking of OSX that runs on FreeBSD Unix but Windows has its own kernel and other core functions.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    trunks527 and MERCDROID like this.
    03-23-2013 06:06 PM
    Uh from my understanding windows doesn't run from Linux.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Windows does NOT run on Linux. You may be thinking of OSX that runs on FreeBSD Unix but Windows has its own kernel and other core functions.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    My mistake and I made bad analogy.
    What I trying to say is the hardware manufactures are getting all credit like Samsung with S3. Google and Android are left in the shadows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    03-23-2013 10:50 PM
    Man I can't wait for some NEWS about the Moto X line.
    Aquila and MERCDROID like this.
    03-24-2013 08:35 AM
    Everyone is working themselves up for a letdown. Everyone believes every phone about to be released will cure cancer but then gets upset when its not that revolutionary.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    03-24-2013 04:25 PM
    Everyone is working themselves up for a letdown. Everyone believes every phone about to be released will cure cancer but then gets upset when its not that revolutionary.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    What I said weeks ago lol

Sent from my SCH-I535
    03-24-2013 05:27 PM
    Not everyone. Some people (like me!) are realistic. Even these evolutionary incremental improvements sufficiently enhance the user experience such that it makes it worth my $300 every 20 months to upgrade.
    dcunited08 likes this.
    03-24-2013 05:41 PM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Perfect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    03-24-2013 11:31 PM
    I find all these great ideas never come to light or are minor glimer of what could of been. Google I love you guys but really think a huge change or Android is going to become the Linux of the mobile world which believe Google and Android has become.

When you think of Android as an "embedded OS", that's fine.

Android is open and all of these OEMs "enhancements" are perfectly fine.

Aquila likes this.
    03-24-2013 11:32 PM
    Another day, another rumor:
    Latest rumored Motorola X specs: 4.8 inch screen, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, November launch

I would like to see the very durable screen and long battery life.
    03-25-2013 10:55 AM
    Latest rumored Motorola X specs: 4.8 inch screen, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, November launch

I'm pretty sure anyone could guess those specs...

November launch would be cool with me

Sent from my SCH-I535
    03-25-2013 11:11 AM

Appreciate the link!
    03-25-2013 11:22 AM
    Re: the build your own device model, I've been thinking about this and someone else brought it up in another thread, but wouldn't it be harder to support multiple configurations of the "same" phone - depending on what components you could pick and choose, of course.
    I bet if they do opt to go this way the choices will be limited. IE : dual core or quad core, 1-3gb of RAM and internal storage. I can't see them giving options for screens.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    03-25-2013 11:22 AM
    I bet if they do opt to go this way the choices will be limited. IE : dual core or quad core, 1-3gb of RAM and internal storage. I can't see them giving options for screens.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    If they do choose to go this way, I can't see the development being good. Way too many variations. At least nothing custom (I. E. Aosp). There would have to be completely different hacks for each chop set. Even with modified stock roms, a developer would probably only release for one version. Is your have a different option you would probably be sol

Of course if moto has their way it will probably have a locked bootloader which will kill any development anyway...

Sent from my SCH-I535
    badbrad17 likes this.
    03-25-2013 12:38 PM
    When you think of Android as an "embedded OS", that's fine.

Android is open and all of these OEMs "enhancements" are perfectly fine.

Is it fine when the end users doesn't even notice of envolment that Google and Android put in there favorite devices like the S3?

03-25-2013 12:40 PM
    Is it fine when the end users doesn't even notice of envolment that Google and Android put in there favorite devices like the S3?

It's been Google's choice to allow it to happen so yeah its fine. If they wanted it otherwise they would have closed it down or created their own hardware and competed(no nexus devices have generally not been meant to compete). If the users care that much they will only buy nexus devices and support stock Android.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    03-25-2013 12:56 PM
    It's been Google's choice to allow it to happen so yeah its fine. If they wanted it otherwise they would have closed it down or created their own hardware and competed(no nexus devices have generally not been meant to compete). If the users care that much they will only buy nexus devices and support stock Android.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    How can masses support that they don't see a connect to? Nexus may not be meant to compete but to masses there not even relevant. I ask myself what point making Nexus devices they should just focus on pushing out software updates.

For me Google needs to make more of presence and change the way they do things if they want to stay in the hardware game. I believed for Google that means making decisions that contradict there philosophy . I believe Nexus line should be made by one manufactur and they need to cut deal with T-Mobile so T-Mobile can sell there product exclusively. T-Mobile wireless carrier that is selling Nexus product how Google intended as far as software goes.

In end I just tired of Google and Android not getting much recognition and there own products selling so poorly. Their software as well needs to be revise with features and fluidity that Samsung and HTC are at with android.

03-25-2013 01:30 PM

See Amazon Kindle Fire for the extreme example.

MERCDROID likes this.
    03-25-2013 02:16 PM
    How can masses support that they don't see a connect to? Nexus may not be meant to compete but to masses there not even relevant. I ask myself what point making Nexus devices they should just focus on pushing out software updates.

For me Google needs to make more of presence and change the way they do things if they want to stay in the hardware game. I believed for Google that means making decisions that contradict there philosophy . I believe Nexus line should be made by one manufactur and they need to cut deal with T-Mobile so T-Mobile can sell there product exclusively. T-Mobile wireless carrier that is selling Nexus product how Google intended as far as software goes.

In end I just tired of Google and Android not getting much recognition and there own products selling so poorly. Their software as well needs to be revise with features and fluidity that Samsung and HTC are at with android.

The point of the Nexus line is to be a developer and manufacture reference device. This means it is primarily for developers, not the general public. To accomplish this goal, they use different manufactures, support GSM standards, and are sold carrier-unlocked so that they are usable in many different parts of the world.
    03-25-2013 02:20 PM
    The point of the Nexus line is to be a developer and manufacture reference device. This means it is primarily for developers, not the general public. To accomplish this goal, they use different manufactures, support GSM standards, and are sold carrier-unlocked so that they are usable in many different parts of the world.
    I understand that but they made developer phones before the Nexus Line that were not made for consumers which I believe they should go back if the Nexus Line is not meant to compete.

03-25-2013 02:36 PM

As long as Samsung doesn't fork completely away like Amazon did with the Kindle Fire, Google is still getting what it wants out of Android being the base for the TouchWiz experience.

Also, Google sort of treated the Nexus 4 as a disruptive device. Cutting a carrier-exclusive deal with T-Mobile goes against that. The US market in particular doesn't seem ready for a European-like cell phone market model. Hopefully that changes soon.
    dcunited08 and MERCDROID like this.
    03-25-2013 02:40 PM

But the point is Google is choosing not to have that recognition. If they wanted it they would do things to make it happen.

Google has never been in the hardware business. Every device they have made has had some sort op purpose in pushing the market one way or the other. Never to make a mass selling device. They are getting what they want out of android Recognition is just not in their game plan. As manufacturers like Samsung get too big for their britches this might change, but not yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    03-25-2013 02:57 PM
    Hopefully things do change. I hope to see Google does with KLP this year.

03-25-2013 03:24 PM
535 ... 45678 ...