08-01-2013 12:41 PM
535 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Why are they a threat? When Android wins Google wins. Even if Samsung goes the way Amazon did they still gain users and data.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I also disagree 100% with Sammy being a threat. But either way, if Google steps up their game... we win. If that causes Sammy or Apple to step up... we win. In fact the only way we don't win is if they all start to feel comfortable and stop trying to earn our business.
    androidluvr2 and badbrad17 like this.
    03-28-2013 11:19 PM
    I also disagree 100% with Sammy being a threat. But either way, if Google steps up their game... we win. If that causes Sammy or Apple to step up... we win. In fact the only way we don't win is if they all start to feel comfortable and stop trying to earn our business.
    This. More competition always ends up being good for the end users.
    03-28-2013 11:22 PM
    i would love to see an asus nexus phone.
    This. THIS. Padfone Nexus FTW
    Aquila likes this.
    03-28-2013 11:26 PM
    Why are they a threat? When Android wins Google wins. Even if Samsung goes the way Amazon did they still gain users and data.

This is true, however Samsung could potentially become a threat if they actually switch to tizen and a large number of users follow. I don't see this happening for a couple of years, but you know that Samsung would drop android for their own thing of they could.

Plus one could argue that Google didn't like the way the Kindle fire was successful and came out with the nexus 7 to slaughter it. I don't think for a minute this was a key motivation with the nexus 7, but it sure was convenient whether intended or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Aquila likes this.
    03-28-2013 11:26 PM
    This is true, however Samsung could potentially become a threat if they actually switch to tizen and a large number of users follow. I don't see this happening for a couple of years, but you know that Samsung would drop android for their own thing of they could.

Plus one could argue that Google didn't like the way the Kindle fire was successful and came out with the nexus 7 to slaughter it. I don't think for a minute this was a key motivation with the nexus 7, but it sure was convenient whether intended or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    Agree in part with this, but Sammy won't drop Google until there is something to gain. As Sammy doesn't actually own Tizen, it's just a partner in it, it's not like they get their own Google out of it. From a customer experience and retention standpoint, Samsung loses BIG if they lose access to the Google Play Store without something close in quality to back it up with. It is probably inevitable that Sammy will venture out, but even then I still think they'll keep Android devices for awhile releasing dual streams to try to hold on to the significant customer base that won't follow automatically.
    03-28-2013 11:35 PM
    This is why I think Apple can't continue to hold onto their market. Android has internal competition that is constantly pushing the innovative button. This is probably as important as their competition with Apple. It's almost like the Apple vs Microsoft game is being replayed exactly like it did. But now instead of Microsoft, IBM, Dell and NEC you have Google, Amazon, Samsung, HTC and LG.

Edit: and now it appears we can add Facebook to the list too http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Mobil...3/S19T0Fd7psM/

Aquila likes this.
    03-29-2013 08:09 PM
    Is there any new update about this phone? like processor or body design?
    03-31-2013 07:42 AM
    Motorola needs to leak something soon... the HTC One is being released, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be out by the end this or beginning early next month... Motorola is losing steam.

I for one am looking at the S4 and will buy it if I don't see this coming out soon.
    04-04-2013 06:22 AM
    Motorola needs to leak something soon... the HTC One is being released, the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be out by the end this or beginning early next month... Motorola is losing steam.

I for one am looking at the S4 and will buy it if I don't see this coming out soon.
    All sighs point to the announcement coming at I/O next month, May 15th through May 17th.
    04-04-2013 03:57 PM
    if this rumor is true, i just cant wait that long for my next upgrade.

Rumor: Google X Phone release date delayed to
    04-11-2013 10:15 PM

That's a one month push-back and 100% rumor to boot. I think we should wait the 4.85 weeks to Google IO to see what they say before doing anything. This article is confusing at least two completely separate rumor threads together to justify their assumptions, made from interpreting "our sources", which weren't named and apparently didn't give them a complete story. 100% nonsense until it's true.
    04-11-2013 10:31 PM

Rumored phone rumored to be delayed from rumored release date..... This passes for news on some sites??
    04-12-2013 07:55 PM
    Rumored phone rumored to be delayed from rumored release date..... This passes for news on some sites??
    It's all going to become a reality :beer::beer::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    2defmouze likes this.
    04-12-2013 09:44 PM
    It's April. All the big flagships have already been announced. What do you expect? :P
    2defmouze likes this.
    04-13-2013 12:41 AM
    Droid Bionic 2.0 anyone?
    04-14-2013 05:16 AM
    Definitely not waiting for this. If it comes out early the processor won't be the S800 and that would be the only reason I would get it. I doubt anything they do with it is going to be that innovative if it comes out in May, probably going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-14-2013 09:14 AM
    I doubt they will release it in May, they will just announce it. Announcing and releasing are two completely different things, which is why I brought up the Bionic.
    04-15-2013 01:22 AM
    Oh ok. Yeah that was ridiculous. Announcing a phone in January that's not available until the end of the year. Guess we'll see how it goes but I think even if it's only announced in May it still won't be too innovative, unless it's going to be another Bionic situation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    04-15-2013 11:01 AM
    04-16-2013 10:49 AM
    4.14 weeks until Google I/O Hopefully more concrete statements at that point.
    androidluvr2 likes this.
    04-16-2013 11:40 AM
    "Phone +"...the NEW X Phone!
    badbrad17 likes this.
    04-16-2013 01:37 PM
    Google Phone+, Google+

Facebook Home?
    04-16-2013 02:45 PM
    Google Phone+, Google+

Facebook Home?
    That seems possible, but I thought he might be referring to tighter integration with Android powered devices (e.g. a sleek smart watch, Google Glass, or some other devices). I can't see greater integration with Google+ being a major feature point for the mass market. While Google+ is growing in popularity, mass media really hasn't picked up on it as it has Twitter or Facebook.

I suppose it's really anyone's guess. As for the "X Phone" moniker, I'm betting on it being a simple prototype name and Moto probably hasn't set a singular brand yet. I just hope that whatever they decide to push out that they go for an all carrier release. As difficult as that might with carrier stubbornness for exclusives, it'll help get them back in the game.
    04-17-2013 07:36 AM
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2417822,00.asp

Says pretty clearly that we will be looking at pure vanilla Android. This is awesome. Motorola will be like a giant Nexus family of products.

dcunited08 likes this.
    04-17-2013 09:47 AM
    Motorola Plans Stock Android Phones, Sized 'Just Right' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Says pretty clearly that we will be looking at pure vanilla Android. This is awesome. Motorola will be like a giant Nexus family of products.

This is exactly what I am excited about. It will be like a whole Nexus family.
    04-17-2013 09:59 AM
535 ... 678910 ...