Motorola "X" Phone

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
If you look at the video i think the phone is a lot closer to 4.7 it dwarfed the iphone 5 in wdith when put next to it.

Well thanks for the tip. I currently have the Gnex on Verizon and it doesn't look likely they'll get another Nexus. This may be my next device. Any word on the camera?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well thanks for the tip. I currently have the Gnex on Verizon and it doesn't look likely they'll get another Nexus. This may be my next device. Any word on the camera?

based on what I have heard from my source and the wall street journal article, the camera is supposed to be top notch. Lets just hope the processor gets updated to a SD 600 and this thing could be a winner.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
based on what I have heard from my source and the wall street journal article, the camera is supposed to be top notch. Lets just hope the processor gets updated to a SD 600 and this thing could be a winner.

Thanks for the info dr0me. Let's hope as I wasn't impressed with the s4. A lot of the same.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Rumor: Motorola ?X Phone? brand devices will have user customizable hardware | Android and Me

Here's a good rumor. Taylor is generally pretty good with his sources too.

Generally pretty good?

After how they got played by the Android 4.2 rumors (see Rumor: Android 4.2 to feature Project Roadrunner, new Play store, Customization Center, enhanced Google Now), they're going to have to pretty much be spot on on everything listed in that X phone rumor thread for me to believe anything from that site going forward.

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Generally pretty good?

After how they got played by the Android 4.2 rumors (see Rumor: Android 4.2 to feature Project Roadrunner, new Play store, Customization Center, enhanced Google Now), they're going to have to pretty much be spot on on everything listed in that X phone rumor thread for me to believe anything from that site going forward.

I follow him on twitter, and more news is coming this weekend or next week...with pictures if you guys are interested ;)

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Let's just hope for a nice battery and a great processor.Biggest 2 things I consider when thinking of my next upgrade from my Nexus S 4G lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Let's just hope for a nice battery and a great processor.Biggest 2 things I consider when thinking of my next upgrade from my Nexus S 4G lol.

Snapdragon 600
Snapdragon 800
Tegra T4/T4i

Though I prefer Snapdragon for my own selfish reasons, all three in the list are great.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I follow him on twitter, and more news is coming this weekend or next week...with pictures if you guys are interested ;)

Again -to me, he'd better be spot-on. It's his credibility at stake.

In the end, it's just rumors and nothing is official until it's official.

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Again -to me, he'd better be spot-on. It's his credibility at stake.

In the end, it's just rumors and nothing is official until it's official.

I understand. It is just rumors that is why I always watch my excitement with this type of information. But he is always pretty good at apologizing and watching what he posts until he has good "rumors??" lol. But I agree, nothing is official until it's official. Just fun to speculate. :)

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Rumor: Motorola ?X Phone? brand devices will have user customizable hardware | Android and Me

Here's a good rumor. Taylor is generally pretty good with his sources too.

this corroborates a lot of what I have said. (i.e. voice control / color/ modular updates )

everything i have heard is 100% in line with what this article says besides the octacore processor. My source didnt mention what it was packing but said the prototype was not nearly finished so i was hoping they would upgrade the processor to make it more competitive with the S4 and HTC One. sounds like this may shape up to be a pretty solid phone after all.

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, with price being the new "thing to beat" with phones now, I can see Google / Moto going this direction. Personally I'd love my phone be able to connect to my heart rate monitor when I'm working out.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, with price being the new "thing to beat" with phones now, I can see Google / Moto going this direction. Personally I'd love my phone be able to connect to my heart rate monitor when I'm working out.

In terms of Android/iPhone, how is price the new thing to beat when everything not named Nexus 4 is the only outlier? Everything else falls in line to similar pricing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
In terms of Android/iPhone, how is price the new thing to beat when everything not named Nexus 4 is the only outlier? Everything else falls in line to similar pricing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I agree. The only phone that's competing on price is the Nexus like Ry said and everything else is priced like usual. The consumer market is still gonna be signing contracts so really the price won't matter when it comes to doing big numbers.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
First Google X Phone prototype was actually leaked this week, new report says

Picture of an early prototype and more rumors, including a July shipping date.

"Google is not focused on specs or software gimmicks (like Samsung) for their upcoming products. Instead they want to produce an ultra-affordable mobile device that connects to a bunch of wearable accessories they plan to release later this year." -

So basically it might be just a dual core like said a week or so ago on a article I read. I hope this isn't true because Quad Core is the new thing. Can't go back words.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
"Google is not focused on specs or software gimmicks (like Samsung) for their upcoming products. Instead they want to produce an ultra-affordable mobile device that connects to a bunch of wearable accessories they plan to release later this year." -

So basically it might be just a dual core like said a week or so ago on a article I read. I hope this isn't true because Quad Core is the new thing. Can't go back words.

Middle or so of 2013 Google and Motorola are releasing a non quad core. That would be lame if true. So they're saying that because Google isn't into "gimmicks" that a quad core wouldn't benefit people who would like that power in a phone or at least the potential. That's the stupidest thing I've read from a big picture perspective at a minimum.

Even the nexus 4 is a quad core. Regardless that it's made by LG.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21