Motorola "X" Phone

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Riddle me this, the Motorola Xphone passed through FCC with att then VZW certifications. And what sights have pulled was mediocar specs and nothing particular. And reading moto presser it sounds like this is the same phone. So it sounds like cheap specs but crazy software. Ie a version like how nexus does it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

looks like I'll be getting the htc one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Animosity is also not a virtue :)

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

alien75422

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Riddle me this, the Motorola Xphone passed through FCC with att then VZW certifications. And what sights have pulled was mediocar specs and nothing particular. And reading moto presser it sounds like this is the same phone. So it sounds like cheap specs but crazy software. Ie a version like how nexus does it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

In the interview he said that they would be releasing a number of handsets by October. I would think the phones we've seen go through the FCC would be mid-range devices they plan to release before Moto X. Similar to how they released the Droid Razr M a few months before they released the Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr MAXX HD.

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I just can't see how it's going to be that much of an improvement over the S4 or HTC One to be worth waiting for 3 more months or so. It seems like the main improvement it'll have over those phones is battery life and not much else...

My biggest complaint with my current phone is battery life, followed by wanting a stock experience. Updates round out the top three. This phone will probably have the first two covered and, I hope, the third.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My biggest complaint with my current phone is battery life, followed by wanting a stock experience. Updates round out the top three. This phone will probably have the first two covered and, I hope, the third.

Based on your three key requirements, you should be using a Galaxy Nexus (swappable battery, "stock" Android, and relatively quick updates).

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Based on your three key requirements, you should be using a Galaxy Nexus (swappable battery, "stock" Android, and relatively quick updates).

Sucks Verizon and sprint won't get their act together and just give Google those proprietary network files huh. That way the CDMA nexii don't have to wait for updates, like the rest of their brethren.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sucks Verizon and sprint won't get their act together and just give Google those proprietary network files huh. That way the CDMA nexii don't have to wait for updates, like the rest of their brethren.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If they're not allowed to, then I'm fine with that.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well once Verizon has voLTE it should be possible for us to have a Nexus device because they can't lock devices off of LTE from what I understand. Sprint customers, well they're just screwed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well once Verizon has voLTE it should be possible for us to have a Nexus device because they can't lock devices off of LTE from what I understand. Sprint customers, well they're just screwed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's more or less correct, it's CDMA that's the problem and LTE is a GSM based technology. At the end of 2015 when 100% of Verizon is VoLTE then this should be a non-issue, assuming OEM's utilized the much more open LTE chips.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Actually Motorola came out and said it would b released this summer. Not fall. And the M was last phone to be released. So those moto phones that are at the FCC makes it more clear
In the interview he said that they would be releasing a number of handsets by October. I would think the phones we've seen go through the FCC would be mid-range devices they plan to release before Moto X. Similar to how they released the Droid Razr M a few months before they released the Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr MAXX HD.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually Motorola came out and said it would b released this summer. Not fall. And the M was last phone to be released. So those moto phones that are at the FCC makes it more clear

Pretty sure the RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD (October 2012) went on sale after the RAZR M (September 2012).

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I thought about a N4 but why not see where this goes? I am up for renewal in October.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Moto said that the rumored unannounced and unconfirmed phone is coming out this summer?

Sent from my SCH-I535