Motorola "X" Phone

Glitch4583

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Running a GNex since Nov '11. If they're only offering the mid-range model for now, I think I'm gonna have to go with the S4. Hopefully then in October, they'll announce something amazing that runs on vzw with KLP.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Running a GNex since Nov '11. If they're only offering the mid-range model for now, I think I'm gonna have to go with the S4. Hopefully then in October, they'll announce something amazing that runs on vzw with KLP.

The Verizon part will be the tall part of that order. Even if the phone supported VZW CDMA/LTE bands, Verizon won't allow "unapproved" devices on their network, meaning if they don't sell it, you can't have it on their network.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused why everyone sees dual core processor and automatically calls it mid range? Didn't the nexus 10 come with a dual core that was just as good if not better than the quads that had came out? Who says there can't be a new design on a dual core in the pipes?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Motorola XT1055 makes it's way through the FCC. Is it another X FON? - Android Authority

This article seems to support the speculation that there are more than one X devices... which is weird, because that's exactly what Motorola said too.

I have a feeling every phone moto puts down the pike this year is going to be the 'x phone' until otherwise stated. Heck I'm not even sure at this point if the X phone was ever actually a project. I am kind of thinking now it was something invented on the net that moto is just going to attach a phone to in order to get the free hype and PR.

Sent from my SCH-I535

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm so excited for this phone yet I fear being thoroughly disappointed when it's unveiled. Hope I'm wrong. It's been a while since we ve had a real groundbreaking device announcement.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My thoughts: The Motorola brand is too important to the cellular and communications industry to kill. I hope by "Goodbye Moto" leads back to "HELLOMOTO" (or a new Motorola). Goodbye Moto probably means goodbye Photon, goodbye Atrix, goodbye Defy, and goodbye RAZR. I can understand killing off the RAZR (again) as Motorola doesn't seem to be playing the thinness game right now but a globally available RAZR would make marketing easier. I still think "X Phone" is a horrible name.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm so excited for this phone yet I fear being thoroughly disappointed when it's unveiled. Hope I'm wrong. It's been a while since we ve had a real groundbreaking device announcement.

Posted via Android Central App

IMO, the MOTO X will be disappointing because of the hype around it.

And yes, this is coming from a loyal Motorola user.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I like this marketing technique. Has me more interested than I previously was. I would guess the obvious that they're rebranding themselves but who knows. We'll find out soon!

I do like there's a date also. Finally, something

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree, this phone is not going to knock anyone's socks off. The language of the branding seems to indicate an effort to get the hundreds of millions of people with no service onto the internet. That screams low prices, etc. and when combined with Google's magical internet balloons, starts a very interesting dialogue. I'm almost willing to support it on that attitude alone, but also because the "spec" race is getting silly, due to the fact that there are still very few processes and fewer apps that actually utilize the full potential of the devices we carry... most of which, the average user will never use at all. Your E-mail, Facebook and YouTube will never require 4 cores, etc. so all we're really talking about is hardware acceleration.

juicebox666

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When I originally heard about the Moto X, I imagined it too be a super hot uber spec'ed out phone. One that I really wanted.

I recently migrated from a Nexus S to a Nexus 4 and I couldn't be happier. It runs like a dream. If they spec the Moto X to something similar to the N4 and offer the hardware goodness they're promising (like the long battery life) and couple it with Motorola's legendary radios with a near pure Android, I'd have to say it would be a winner. Especially if they deliver it at a Nexus-level price point.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
This guy nails it. Its what I've been trying to say for a while. I hope Motorola blows away the competition, but don't EXPECT it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I watched the video and went "I an part of the problem"sort of speak. I actual have taken step back and just wait and see.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app