Motorola "X" Phone

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The number of people that buy handsets at those prices is tiny.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly.

The price that matters to consumers is the price that they pay.

Most consumers pay the on-contract price. Full retail is nearly irrelevant.

Posted via Android Central App

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Exactly.

The price that matters to consumers is the price that they pay.

Most consumers pay the on-contract price. Full retail is nearly irrelevant.

Even so, the One is $100 cheaper than the iPhone on contract and the N4 is $200 cheaper.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But that's the real price of the phone. That's what should be compared.

No it shouldn't. What should be compared is what consumers actually pay.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Even so, the One is $100 cheaper than the iPhone on contract and the N4 is $200 cheaper.

The nexus is available on one carrier, so that's a nonstarter.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
You can make a nexus device stutter easily. Just go into the app drawer and swipe through the apps until you get to the widget pages. Lag city.

My Optimus G with Nova launcher does not lag doing this. The widget icons aren't drawn the first time through, but the animations/frame rates remain smooth

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Optimus G with Nova launcher does not lag doing this. The widget icons aren't drawn the first time through, but the animations/frame rates remain smooth

And the Optimus G is somehow a Nexus device?

Last edited:

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

It is the exact same hardware as the Nexus 4. Are you saying that the manufacturer optimizations improve performance? I think it is more likely it is just a good graphics chip. And iOS devices also have good graphics performance because Apple has always pushed to get the most powerful graphics hardware available.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It is the exact same hardware as the Nexus 4. Are you saying that the manufacturer optimizations improve performance? I think it is more likely it is just a good graphics chip. And iOS devices also have good graphics performance because Apple has always pushed to get the most powerful graphics hardware available.

What he's saying has absolutely nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with the software. A phone running nova launcher is not the same as a nexus running stock.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can make a nexus device stutter easily. Just go into the app drawer and swipe through the apps until you get to the widget pages. Lag city.

Just tried it on my N4 using the stock launcher. I can honestly tell you that I experienced zero lag.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it on my N4 using the stock launcher. I can honestly tell you that I experienced zero lag.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Its done it for me on every nexus device I've used.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
What he's saying has absolutely nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with the software.

No. Neither LG nor the developer of Nova launcher has any kind of magical lag-killing software tweaks. The Nexus 4/Optimus G just has powerful hardware. This cannot be said of older Nexus devices.

1) Lag on older and/or low cost devices indicates a problem with Android's performance on older/low cost devices
2) A powerful new device can run Android perfectly fine whether it is a Nexus or not
3) Some of Samsung's features appear to hurt the GS4's performance

Agreed?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No. Neither LG nor the developer of Nova launcher has any kind of magical lag-killing software tweaks. The Nexus 4/Optimus G just has powerful hardware. This cannot be said of older Nexus devices.

1) Lag on older and/or low cost devices indicates a problem with Android's performance on older/low cost devices
2) A powerful new device can run Android perfectly fine whether it is a Nexus or not

Agreed?

Curious -

Do you get the same results without Nova?

Are you saying the hardware on the Nexus 7 is old and irrelevant? It's the current Nexus 7" tablet.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

The Galaxy Nexus is, and I have zero lag doing this (on Nova Launcher)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Agreed?

No. Not agreed at all. Android still lags on powerful hardware. Especially in a specific place like the widget drawer. Other launchers are irrelevant to the discussion.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
And back to the X phone..... Evleaks put out a post on twitter clarifying the model numbers......

To clarify: DROID Ultra=XT1080, DROID MAXX=XT1080M, DROID Mini=XT1030, and Moto X=XT1060

I am going to assume that the Droid phones were the leftovers in the pipeline, and the Moto X is the customizable brainchild of Google/Moto.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am going to laugh when there is absolutely nothing interesting about the fabled xphone. I guarantee it will be just a different variation of the upcoming droids that they will slap an x on.

Sent from my SCH-I535