Motorola "X" Phone

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
All I ask of the Moto X is that it be Nexus 4 like enough to allow me to have something similar to the Nexus 4 but on Verizon.

This fixation on quad core in the Android community is a lot of silliness. Hardly anything in the Android OS or apps has any idea what to do with quad core and most only use a single core.

It's interesting that the Nexus 4 has a quadcore, yet the dualcore on the Moto X seems to be out performing it (at least in benchmarks, for what that's worth).

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting that the Nexus 4 has a quadcore, yet the dualcore on the Moto X seems to be out performing it (at least in benchmarks, for what that's worth).

Its probably built on a smaller more advanced die, with a better instruction set than any quad core can offer. It may also have a higher fsb multiplier as well.

I mean it was advertised with having features not seen in any other smartphone to date. That could apply to hardware as well as software.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, I'm interested in this phone. If this phone came out with a 5" 1080p screen with a quadcore processor and a 12mp camera there wouldn't really be a point to get it, just another entry in the spec race. Though this phone is aiming to be the ultimate SMART phone, enhanced Google Now, your phone as a servent, as the ultimate companion.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A leak on the verge says 4.5 inch screen and 1500mah battery? 1500....really?

The Verge: Here's what's inside the Moto X. http://google.com/producer/s/CBIwu-KQFw

"In the vicinity of 4.5"" from a tipster that had hands on usage... my guess is they measured top to bottom or didn't measure it at all, but compared form factor to another device. The pictures of the device with a measuring tape clearly show 4.7".

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It's 4.5" if you don't include the navbar, so that's probably what the tipster did. I don't understand how 1500 will be enough, though, especially after they kept making those comments about how much of a problem battery life is and how they wanted to fix it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's 4.5" if you don't include the navbar, so that's probably what the tipster did. I don't understand how 1500 will be enough, though, especially after they kept making those comments about how much of a problem battery life is and how they wanted to fix it.

They never said they would throw a big battery in it, they said that the phone would be smarter to prevent unnecessary drain.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They never said they would throw a big battery in it, they said that the phone would be smarter to prevent unnecessary drain.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

And battery life is also a very good reason not to throw a monster 1080p 5.5" screen on something.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
motox-512x460.png

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Faux Carnival

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I very much hope that this does not come with a crappy camera and crappy battery life like all Google phones. These two points will be the deciding factors.

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm really starting to like the design of the phone, especially the shot above. It's like a Nexus 4 from the front, HTC One shaped from the back, and the kevlar is a nice touch. I'm really waiting to get an official word on specs, then see how the phone fairs in some comparisons. Usually it would be hard for me to buy something with lesser specs than what I have, but I'll keep an open mind and wait for some reviews. The screen is probably going to be a big factor for me, but hopefully I'll be able to see it in store and compare it with my One. The oone big let down for me will probably be storage space. I listen to a tons of music, so I'm looking for something with about 64gb of space. If it's that customizable, then that alone might make me sell my One for this. I'm still bitter that ATT got the exclusives on the 64gb One, I'm sitting at about 4gb available at the momenton my 32gb, haha.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Very clean. I just picked up a Nexus 4, but I might need to sell that and get this if it looks good come August 1st.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I like it. Though is the homescreen for real? I think the spacing between doc and first row of apps is a little to wide. and a bit too stock. Would wish for the Circles widget, and the 4G indicator. ME being picky.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My questions for if this will be worth considering:

Will there be anything actually interesting about it hardware or software that is new?

Will it be on all carriers?

Will EVERY version have an unlocked bootloader?

What will the actual battery life be like? I could care less about the size of the battery. How long will it last me?

Storage?

Will it have actual stock android with only modified system apps for better camera and such, or will it have the typical molested moto ui that has random changes for no reason?

Committed updates or you might get something eventually policy?

Carrier bloat/diction?

Sent from my SCH-I535

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX