05-21-2013 09:26 PM
53 123
tools
    Google X Phone cancelled, Motorola will reportedly develop alone | BGR

This would make some people upset. All this hoopla for months over what became to be.... nothing.
    05-09-2013 10:54 PM
    BGR is one of the last places I would look for reliable anything from.

But let's keep in mind this is a rumored phone with a rumored release date, rumored to be cancelled by a company that has never acknowledged it's existence. It's the complete opposite of news.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2013 08:56 AM
    BGR is one of the last places I would look for reliable anything from.

But let's keep in mind this is a rumored phone with a rumored release date, rumored to be cancelled by a company that has never acknowledged it's existence. It's the complete opposite of news.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    It's some extremely condensed reverse form of vaporware something not meant to exist that doesn't exist yet it could exist as proof of its nonexistence barely exists!

What in the world did I just say?
    Aquila and 2defmouze like this.
    05-11-2013 09:24 PM
    This rumor has exactly the same credibility as the theory that the moon is made out of cheese. 2 reasons for saying that. 1. The phone is done, pulling out when something is already complete is a waste of time. 2. There are no sources at all. This was made up by an analyst in China that has no inside scoop from Google or Motorola, nothing to do with the supply chains, etc. They're trying to piece together a bunch of rumors that we're all following and drew some lost in translation conclusion that people report on for page clicks and because they're afraid it might be true.
    pblakk likes this.
    05-12-2013 02:22 AM
    It was a slow day and I read it just to get people's thoughts

Looks like we might be good to go based on this:

Motorola X Phone: Made in the USA Label Points to Customization
    05-13-2013 03:11 PM
    Someone should write a feature about the X-Phone.

X-Phone: Birth, Life, and Death Before Touching a Store Shelf.

Or:

X-Phone: Disappeared in to the Vapor
    05-13-2013 03:19 PM
    It was a slow day and I read it just to get people's thoughts

Looks like we might be good to go based on this:

Motorola X Phone: Made in the USA Label Points to Customization
    Well this would be interesting. I can definitely see that coming out at io. Now that would be fun I just hope it also has support for Tmo LTE. If it does and is sold direct from Google I might just have this instead of N5.

Now I can't wait till Wednesday. :-D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-13-2013 03:29 PM
    Well this would be interesting. I can definitely see that coming out at io. Now that would be fun I just hope it also has support for Tmo LTE. If it does and is sold direct from Google I might just have this instead of N5.

Now I can't wait till Wednesday. :-D

I hope they release this info on Wednesday and not Friday LOL. I don't feel like waiting longer.
    05-13-2013 03:37 PM
    I hope they release this info on Wednesday and not Friday LOL. I don't feel like waiting longer.
    Last year at I/O they announced everything on the first day. The second day was just developer stuff.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-13-2013 05:23 PM
    DOA if exclusive to AT&T.
    05-13-2013 06:36 PM
    DOA if exclusive to AT&T.
    Hopefully they can see what just happened with the HTC First and reach the same conclusion.
    05-13-2013 06:53 PM
    screw that nonsense. Fall 2013 we'll have the X I'm betting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    05-14-2013 01:58 AM
    screw that nonsense. Fall 2013 we'll have the X I'm betting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    Yet another slow day in need of page hits by BGR. This rumor is false. The phone is already finished and passing through FTC. Google simply finished what THEY need to do on it.
    05-14-2013 10:33 AM
    i think this moto phone will be released shortly after they announce it this week. no reason to think it will be in the fall.
    05-14-2013 10:49 AM
    Ok so lets say the release an N4 and this for VZW. Which one do you get and why?
    05-14-2013 10:52 AM
    Ok so lets say the release an N4 and this for VZW. Which one do you get and why?
    Nexus if both are available on the same day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:32 AM
    Last year at I/O they announced everything on the first day. The second day was just developer stuff.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Good info. I was unaware of this. It is the first year I've been anticipating this conference. Thanks for the heads up!
    Aquila likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:59 AM
    I have the Galaxy Nexus and had the Razr Maxx HD. The one thing that I loved about the Nexus is it has the latest version of Android, but I spent an additional 80 dollars and had to purchase the 3800mAh battery. I am torn. If they come out on the same day I will have a hard time choosing. Maybe I just buy both!!!!

Nexus if both are available on the same day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    05-14-2013 12:39 PM
    If this does only come out on VZW then that's a non starter for me. Moto needs to get out of VZW's shadow. Want your sales to increase, get on all the carriers. Otherwise it's nice but no dice, come back when you are serious.

05-14-2013 05:14 PM
    Can't wait!!
    Aquila likes this.
    05-14-2013 08:04 PM
    i think this moto phone will be released shortly after they announce it this week. no reason to think it will be in the fall.
    From what I have read, it is pretty clear that there are two distinct Motorola phones in development. One is 4.5" or so and 720p, these days that is apparently considered "midrange", and that one is fairly close to being released. Then there is a larger 1080p one coming in the fall. I don't know why people are talking as if the existence of the midrange phone means Motorola will never release another phone after that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-14-2013 10:51 PM
    well no announcement today, not sure what the deal is?
    05-15-2013 02:30 PM
    well no announcement today, not sure what the deal is?
    Yeah I'm kind of upset they didn't unveil anything new in terms of mobile devices.
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-15-2013 02:36 PM
    Yeah I'm kind of upset they didn't unveil anything new in terms of mobile devices.
    Doesn't Moto do it's own event every summer? Think it was August or September last year. Maybe they're waiting for that to announce whatever they're doing? Bad idea if that's the case, because then they are competing with the Nexus pretty much head to head.
    05-15-2013 02:40 PM
    Doesn't Moto do it's own event every summer? Think it was August or September last year. Maybe they're waiting for that to announce whatever they're doing? Bad idea if that's the case, because then they are competing with the Nexus pretty much head to head.
    Good call if that's the case (I didn't know Moto did their own) but yeah, it would be pretty stupid to compete against themselves.....
    05-15-2013 03:06 PM
53 123