06-07-2013 06:17 PM
37 12
tools
    Is anyone else concerned that the rumors point to a galaxy s3 level of performance? Dont get me wrong I love my s3 and think the performance is great (for now)...but this moto x better have price, promised updates, damn near stock android, or some other value if they are not going to push the specs.
    So it'll be worse than the RAZR maxx HD? Because that was better than the s3 on most bullets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-05-2013 01:36 PM
    Specs are starting to become irrelevant. The S4 has a higher clocked processor then the HTC One, but most reviews suggest the S4 to be laggy. I'm attributing this to a combination of TouchWiz and extra apps with questionable value sucking up system resources. HTC worked hard to increase the user experience in Sense and it shows. A Motorola phone with mostly stock Android should run very well. It would be nice if users could freely remove apps we don't want/use.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Aquila, Ry, osubeavs728 and 1 others like this.
    06-05-2013 09:44 PM
    Yep agreed on the specs taking a backseat to software. As long as the price is there I would buy 2012 hardware with stock android and solid radios. My biggest concern is that motorola isn't google (even if they are owned by them), they may not be willing/able to sell a device at a loss so Google can sell ads. A used gs3 is worth about $250-300 on ebay. Could a new moto x with the same hardware command a price all that much greater?
    06-06-2013 10:46 AM
    The X phone will not be Verizon exclusive.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Yeah, this should be known as it's passed through the FCC as a Sprint and AT&T device as well from what I remember.
    06-06-2013 12:50 PM
    @Clocks I think Motorola can sell the Moto X at a reasonable price. I'd compare it to LG making the Nexus 4 and selling it at a decent price.

06-06-2013 02:21 PM
    My point is with modern hardware (doesn't have to be bleeding edge) and mindfully thought out software without needless bloat (I'm assuming that the Moto X will be aimed towards the user looking for a great experience and not eye candy and fancy apps without much real world value), the Moto X could be sold at a very attractive price, and maybe Motorola would do so to help grow it's market share.

06-06-2013 02:25 PM
    My point is with modern hardware (doesn't have to be bleeding edge) and mindfully thought out software without needless bloat (I'm assuming that the Moto X will be aimed towards the user looking for a great experience and not eye candy and fancy apps without much real world value), the Moto X could be sold at a very attractive price, and maybe Motorola would do so to help grow it's market share.

Still, there's more than price when it comes to market share.

What are realistic expectations for the MOTO X? Double current share? I think if we expect Motorola to move Xs like Samsung does with Galaxy phones, we're in for a world of hurt.

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila likes this.
    06-06-2013 07:13 PM

What are realistic expectations for the MOTO X? Double current share? I think if we expect Motorola to move Xs like Samsung does with Galaxy phones, we're in for a world of hurt.

I have a lot of friends that I'm getting excited about it, not just for the device, but for the made in USA part, plus a lot of Nexus fans are looking to this from Verizon. I think we're hoping it does better than the Razr devices. Not sure what everyone else's expectations are, but it probably won't touch the One's sales and definitely won't be a blip on Samsung's radar.
    06-06-2013 07:19 PM

I don't think anyone expects that. Samsung had prior iterations of the Galaxy line, which gave them brand recognition, plus their marketing budget is otherworldly.

The X is a new device with no past, from a company with far less cash flow. I expect a great device that likely won't outsell the HTC One.

We'll see.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-06-2013 07:22 PM
    I have a lot of friends that I'm getting excited about it, not just for the device, but for the made in USA part, plus a lot of Nexus fans are looking to this from Verizon. I think we're hoping it does better than the Razr devices. Not sure what everyone else's expectations are, but it probably won't touch the One's sales and definitely won't be a blip on Samsung's radar.
    On Verizon, it was reported that the RAZR was doing quite well, besting the iPhone at times.

That success needs to translate over to the other carriers.

dcunited08 likes this.
    06-06-2013 08:48 PM
    On Verizon, it was reported that the RAZR was doing quite well, besting the iPhone at times.

That success needs to translate over to the other carriers.

To be perfectly honest, once the RAZR line started outselling the iPhone, Motorola should have stepped on the gas and blasted advertising of those devices through the roof. Side note, Motorola probably should have released the RAZR to all major carriers.

I'm looking forward to Motorola's second take at creating a cutting edge device.
    JET4, dcunited08 and Aquila like this.
    06-07-2013 03:48 AM
    I'm not looking for the Moto X to outsell other handsets. I just want a quality handset at a decent price.
    06-07-2013 06:17 PM
37 12