Moto X Design

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
motorola-x-phone-render-leak-640x481.jpgMotorola_X_phone_concept-490x489.jpg

If this is truely the new look of the Motorola X, Then I must say Im impressed....
I just see one problem that all the companies seem to be doing now.

Where is the Bezel???? I know some might say "are you crazy... its beautiful" and I agree. But Im a more practical person. I hate grabbing someone elses phone and hit the recent key and home button at the same time. Does anyone else agree? or are the looks more important?

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Probably won't look like that... most likely it won't. But that is rather attractive. I too, like you like having the bezel. Looks like The One.

Sent From Another Galaxy.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I figured they were just renderings. I still want this phone and Im sure it will be close to this.
but the fact remains... I love me some bezel and the phones keep becoming smaller and smaller.

Im alright we no bezels on the side. but the top and bottom need more than what these renderings depict

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I figured they were just renderings. I still want this phone and Im sure it will be close to this.
but the fact remains... I love me some bezel and the phones keep becoming smaller and smaller.

Im alright we no bezels on the side. but the top and bottom need more than what these renderings depict

The side bezels are what are most important. You don't grasp your phone from top to bottom, you grasp it from side to side. Minimal to no bezel means with regular grasping of the phone the screen will recognize it as a launching action.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The side bezels are what are most important. You don't grasp your phone from top to bottom, you grasp it from side to side. Minimal to no bezel means with regular grasping of the phone the screen will recognize it as a launching action.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

maybe I grab phones weirdly then...When someone hands me there phone. I try not to touch there screen and I go straight for the top or bottom.
Its only natural to pick it up from the sides if its laying flat on a desk. (for me at least)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
maybe I grab phones weirdly then...When someone hands me there phone. I try not to touch there screen and I go straight for the top or bottom.
Its only natural to pick it up from the sides if its laying flat on a desk. (for me at least)

Hm, that's definitely different. I guess to each their own.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it's going to be a great phone but the big question will be is it worth giving up unlimited data on my grandfathered plan. I just don't know if I can do that :)

Posted using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it's going to be a great phone but the big question will be is it worth giving up unlimited data on my grandfathered plan. I just don't know if I can do that :)

Posted using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD.

There are ways to upgrade without losing unlimited.
1. Buy it outright
2. Buy it on their new Finance plan - down payment similar to the subsidized price, pay the rest over 24 months + $2 month finance charge
3. Upgrade with subsidy using the Keep Unlimited method described here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/227608-instruction-how-keep-unlimited-data-verizon.html

Kamil92

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody remember this:
Motorola_Slimline_550.jpg

I think it's perfect moment to make this looking phone :D

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 70031View attachment 70032

If this is truely the new look of the Motorola X, Then I must say Im impressed....

Where is the Bezel???? I know some might say "are you crazy... its beautiful" and I agree. But Im a more practical person. I hate grabbing someone elses phone and hit the recent key and home button at the same time. Does anyone else agree? or are the looks more important?

I know it is a fan's rendition so anything is possible in make-believe-land, but I think it'd be kind of cool if that was a rubberized back similar to the Nexus 7.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 70031View attachment 70032

If you look closely at the render, there is a bezel on both the top and bottom; easiest to see in the shot where it's off.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope they keep the kevlar.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Motorola has been holding out on their latest release. Hopefully the wait is worth it. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20