I have the money to buy a cheap unlocked smartphone right now. The Moto X comes out this summer but who knows when exactly. Should I go ahead with the Nexus 4 or wait and see if Motorola offers a cheap unlocked option for me.
    05-30-2013 08:51 PM
    That depends on how bad you need or want a phone now. I love my Nexus 4. As the saying goes a bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush. I sat go with the Nexus. Who k it's when the Motorola phone actually does get released.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-2013 08:56 PM
    I have the money to buy a cheap unlocked smartphone right now. The Moto X comes out this summer but who knows when exactly. Should I go ahead with the Nexus 4 or wait and see if Motorola offers a cheap unlocked option for me.
    If you like the nexus then IMO get it. The moto x will likely be quite a bit more expensive IMO. More like $500.

I personally wasn't a fan of the n4 since out felt fragile and uncomfortable in the hand.

I think the moto x will be better but then again you have to wait 3 or so months. If you want the better, more expensive phone then wait....if you want a great phone at an insanely good price then grab the n4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2013 09:40 PM
    They say their will be a cheaper model and a more expensive model. I'll wait a bit longer but will probably end up with the Nexus 4. It's a big deal because I'll have the phone for at least 2 or 3 years.
    05-30-2013 09:54 PM
    If you wait, you'll keep waiting. Something's always just around the corner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    bp3dots likes this.
    06-02-2013 01:40 PM
    I agree. I have always postponed buying a good phone cause another one is always 'coming'.

Though I will wait it out for the Moto X before I buy a new phone (personal choice).

Sent from Tapatalk HD
    06-02-2013 02:03 PM
    If you wait, you'll keep waiting. Something's always just around the corner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Kinda....If you want the best phone out then there will always be something around the corner. But what you like and enjoy is a personal preference, I personally have always wanted a Moto phone so its worth it to wait for this phone simply because I love their builds and feel.
    06-03-2013 10:22 AM
    Kinda....If you want the best phone out then there will always be something around the corner. But what you like and enjoy is a personal preference, I personally have always wanted a Moto phone so its worth it to wait for this phone simply because I love their builds and feel.
    Best phone out really only matters when you're ready to buy a phone.
    06-03-2013 11:18 AM
    Keep saving for the Moto X. Although the Nexus 4 is a good device for the money, you get what you pay for...I would at least wait to see the specs on the Moto X.

You just have to answer if you need a phone now and do you care about LTE, More than 16GB storage and a crappy camera. Yeah, I said it...crappy camera.
    06-09-2013 11:22 AM
    Keep saving for the Moto X. Although the Nexus 4 is a good device for the money, you get what you pay for...I would at least wait to see the specs on the Moto X.

You just have to answer if you need a phone now and do you care about LTE, More than 16GB storage and a crappy camera. Yeah, I said it...crappy camera.
    Motorola doesn't seem to be known for great cameras.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-09-2013 11:32 AM
    Motorola doesn't seem to be known for great cameras.

Ok that was a dig at the Nexus 4 camera...I had a moto atrix and atrix 2 and do not see how they were worse than the nexus 4 camera...my opinion of course. I am pretty confident the moto x camera will be better than the N4 camera.
    06-09-2013 11:42 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade soon and seeing what Motorola has to offer is what will keep me from getting a new phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2013 06:21 PM
    Ok that was a dig at the Nexus 4 camera...I had a moto atrix and atrix 2 and do not see how they were worse than the nexus 4 camera...my opinion of course. I am pretty confident the moto x camera will be better than the N4 camera.
    Based on Motorola's history with camera quality relative to the market, don't have high hopes for the MOTO X camera. I hope they prove me wrong.

06-09-2013 07:24 PM
    Get the Nexus, it's a great device and can still run with the big boys. Plus if you decide to get the moto phone you can sell the Nexus and make most of your money back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila likes this.
    06-09-2013 07:46 PM
    Based on Motorola's history with camera quality relative to the market, don't have high hopes for the MOTO X camera. I hope they prove me wrong.

Makes one wonder if Google's comments about amazing camera ideas coming was speaking to this, the next nexus, the g+ updates from io or purely fluff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-11-2013 07:25 AM
    Get the Nexus, it's a great device and can still run with the big boys.
    what about those on verizon? we just wont be running lte on the phone.
    06-18-2013 09:11 AM
    what about those on verizon? we just wont be running lte on the phone.
    The.N4 is an international GSM phone. It isn't compatible with CDMA networks like Verizon.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    06-18-2013 09:20 AM
    motos are superior to other equally specced phones in almost every way except................Cameras!! My only complaint with the last couple moto phones i have gotten was camera performance. I am waiting for the X before i upgrade my razr max, i hope it really nips that in the bud
    06-18-2013 10:59 AM
    I guess now is not a good time to buy a Razr HD? I'm feeling the Maxx HD but it's not available in the UK. I wish they would hurry up and release some info about the Moto X
    07-04-2013 01:30 PM
    I guess now is not a good time to buy a Razr HD? I'm feeling the Maxx HD but it's not available in the UK. I wish they would hurry up and release some info about the Moto X
    If you need to buy a phone right now, there is nothing wrong with a RAZR HD MAXX.

07-04-2013 02:39 PM
    If you need to buy a phone right now, there is nothing wrong with a RAZR HD MAXX.

It's underspeced compared to newer phones and a successor is likely on its way.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    07-04-2013 02:44 PM
    It is sounding like the Moto X will probably not be ahead of the Nexus 4 on processor, memory, screen resolution etc. But it may be more compact, durable and have better battery life, and it will definitely have LTE. So whether it is worth waiting for depends on your priorities to some extent.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-04-2013 06:28 PM
    Don't be foolish and buy a year old phone. "There's always something around the corner" only applies when you're trying to decide between a phone just released and a phone coming out in a few months with a slight spec bump due to that few month wait.
    07-04-2013 08:28 PM
    Don't be foolish and buy a year old phone. "There's always something around the corner" only applies when you're trying to decide between a phone just released and a phone coming out in a few months with a slight spec bump due to that few month wait.
    I would say rather, don't buy a year old phone on a two-year contract. Nothing wrong with picking one up used.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-04-2013 09:20 PM