07-20-2013 01:25 PM
86 1234
tools
    I'd take it.. Really fast.

If it has the camera of the S4... I love that camera quality.. Everything else imo is junk... Knowing google's stance on making Android Camera's better, i'd say it should have a good camera.. So i'd deff try it over HTC or Sammy Soso
    Armada likes this.
    07-10-2013 10:13 PM
    I will get the X. I had the Samsung Nexus and was replaced three times as it lost connection and data constantly. 1.5 miles from a tower and had a signal of 0-1.5 MAX. So no more Samsung phones for me. The Nexus was replaced with the Razar MAXX, working good so far. I enjoy the look and feel of the Motorola phones. So I would like it in a 5", but sounding like a smaller size pine. I will wait and see how it does before i commit to a new phone like I did the Samsung Nexus. I love not having all the VZW junk apps on the phone and fast upgrades.
    07-12-2013 06:11 PM
    Those top and bottom "ample bezels" should be speakers.

HTC One is a better device. Close thread.
    07-12-2013 08:05 PM
    Sure would, I love motorola devices.. My only gripe is that until now, it's almost like they had an exclusivity contract with Verizon. There were almost no phones released by moto in the past two years, that were high end on any other carrier, only low-mid range junk.

Honestly I would like to see a nice, clean Google experience on this device. Those flashy features really slow a device down. Just look at the Galaxy series from samsung. Tw is a monster resource hog.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    07-13-2013 01:13 AM
    Do they need to listen? People still sign up for their service.
    People primarily sign up because they provide great coverage and reliability. It doesn't excuse the locked down, modified and bloated phone offerings, and the slow updates just because Verizon customers sign up despite these problems.
    07-13-2013 07:58 AM
    IMO, as long as Google Play services is up to date, my devices are up to date.
    That's not necessarily true. Security updates are a big area where os updates are necessary. Unfortunately, carriers and manufacturers haven't exactly been rushing out to fix the master key vulnerability.
    07-13-2013 08:07 AM
    All those "features" are gimmicky. How often do you think you'd use any of those S4 features? I know if I got an S4 I'd use none of them because I would be on AOKP, not Touch Wiz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    HA! HA! If key lime pie on the next nexus had the s4's camera software, imagining s4 never existed you people would be claiming it's the best.
    Personally I prefer my phones not to have any flashy software features. I prefer awesome hardware and aosp. All of these flashy software mods slow down the processor and hog up ram.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Because the HTC one and s4 is such a slow, laggy phone.
    07-13-2013 08:56 AM
    HA! HA! If key lime pie on the next nexus had the s4's camera software, imagining s4 never existed you people would be claiming it's the best.

Because the HTC one and s4 is such a slow, laggy phone.
    Depends on your usage. If you run intensive tasks, your phone is bound to lag.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 11:45 AM
    Because it wouldn't come with lag, an ugly UI, and only 9 GB of storage.

Because the s4 is such a slow, laggy phone.
    The funny thing is it kind of is.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2013 01:11 PM
    Because it wouldn't come with lag, an ugly UI, and only 9 GB of storage.

The funny thing is it kind of is.

The look if the UI is subjective, it has an SD card and give me proof that its laggy. My fianc's s4 has never lagged even with the heaviest of apps.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    07-13-2013 06:44 PM
    S4 lag is complained about all over these forums. There are fixes, and Samsung has attempted to fix some of it and many S4 owners think it's overblown, while others think it's an intolerable amount. It's not a question of "if" it lags, it's whether or not the amount that it lags bothers the user, etc.
    07-13-2013 09:22 PM
    Never experience any lag on my phone.

07-14-2013 12:17 AM
    People primarily sign up because they provide great coverage and reliability. It doesn't excuse the locked down, modified and bloated phone offerings, and the slow updates just because Verizon customers sign up despite these problems.
    Not all phones are part of their Amazon deal.

+ my Bionic has less bloat with official updates to Jelly Bean than when it launched with Gingerbread. And locked down is irrelevant to me and most other customers who will not be rooting and/or flashing custom ROMs on their devices. If that was my priority, I would probably have a Nexus or GPe/Dev Edition of a phone and I wouldn't be on Verizon.

IMO, Verizon has been getting better with the bloat.
    07-15-2013 03:29 PM
    Depends on your usage. If you run intensive tasks, your phone is bound to lag.

I would rather have a Motorola that ran smoothly with an S4 Pro than a GS4 that had noticeable lag running a custom 600.
    07-15-2013 03:31 PM
    I would rather have a Motorola that ran smoothly with an S4 Pro than a GS4 that had noticeable lag running a custom 600.
    That is what I really hope Motorola can do with the X Phone. Lower specifications with a more optimized and bloat free system, creates an even better experience than a power hogging, feature filled phone filled with bloatware. My mom has the GS4, and I will admit, that even my older Galaxy tab running stock Android 4.2 runs smoother than TouchWiz on her S4. I believe that if Motorola can skip the bloatware, and use a very optimized Android, it will be a killer phone that will blow even the S4 out of the water, as far as smoothness and performance goes. I can hardly wait until the X Phone is released!
    07-15-2013 04:29 PM
    That is what I really hope Motorola can do with the X Phone. Lower specifications with a more optimized and bloat free system, creates an even better experience than a power hogging, feature filled phone filled with bloatware. My mom has the GS4, and I will admit, that even my older Galaxy tab running stock Android 4.2 runs smoother than TouchWiz on her S4. I believe that if Motorola can skip the bloatware, and use a very optimized Android, it will be a killer phone that will blow even the S4 out of the water, as far as smoothness and performance goes. I can hardly wait until the X Phone is released!
    It will also come down to what you consider "bloat". We know it'll have features on top of "stock" Android. MOTO MAGIC, a new notification system. These are going to be "stock" Motorola features. Are they bloat?
    07-15-2013 04:34 PM
    It will also come down to what you consider "bloat". We know it'll have features on top of "stock" Android. MOTO MAGIC, a new notification system. These are going to be "stock" Motorola features. Are they bloat?
    I don't mind slight changes made by device manufacturers. What I do mind is the amount of bloat that gets added. My moms S4 has 2 gigs of RAM. Over 1 Gigabyte of that is constantly being used by TouchWiz, and the preinstalled apps. It is a supercharged device, yet it constantly feels sluggish and slow. I have no problem with changes to Android. I do, however, mind if they overly hinder performance.

Posted via Android Central App
    return_0 likes this.
    07-15-2013 05:03 PM
    My moms S4 has 2 gigs of RAM. Over 1 Gigabyte of that is constantly being used by TouchWiz, and the preinstalled apps.
    And, I should add, 4 GB of storage space.

07-15-2013 05:48 PM
    Back to the explanation of why using RAM is a good thing in Android.
    07-15-2013 06:24 PM
    Not all phones are part of their Amazon deal.

+ my Bionic has less bloat with official updates to Jelly Bean than when it launched with Gingerbread. And locked down is irrelevant to me and most other customers who will not be rooting and/or flashing custom ROMs on their devices. If that was my priority, I would probably have a Nexus or GPe/Dev Edition of a phone and I wouldn't be on Verizon.

IMO, Verizon has been getting better with the bloat.
    Nope, but you'll frequently find other garbage on them. The VZ Navigator, VZ Music, etc especially comes to mind. There's no excuse for any of that bloat, especially given how much they charge for phones and plans. It cheapens and degrades the customer experience on what are supposed to be high end phones.

While locked down might be irrelevant to you, it isn't to me. I like phones that are easily flashable for custom software or to just be able to restore them to factory easily. It would be easy for Verizon to cater to customers such as myself and have no impact on other customers that don't care. Leaving the bootloader unlockable wouldn't impact anyone. If they are so concerned about people screwing up their phones and asking for warranty replacements, there's an easy solution to that: void the warranty on phones with unlocked bootloaders. While a phone with an unlockable bootloader isn't as much of a priority to me, it is still high on the desire list, but not enough to jump to a carrier with inferior coverage and reliability.
    07-15-2013 09:54 PM
    Nope, but you'll frequently find other garbage on them. The VZ Navigator, VZ Music, etc especially comes to mind. There's no excuse for any of that bloat, especially given how much they charge for phones and plans.
    Agree, while sometimes I don't quite mind Verizon Apps (They have been getting better about the size.) to have a subsidized phone. But I do wish you could unistall freaking N.O.V.A, Madden, Slacker, and all the other random junk. The only Verizon App I think I would actually want is My Verizon, despite it being terriable. VZ Nav and all should have left long ago, no one actually uses them.

To relate to the title, yes. Moto Magic, the camera twist, long press for burst shot (take as little or much as you want), thats enough features for me besides the stock google now and photoshere (do recent non stock devices have it?) The Galaxy S4 has way to many Samsung apps, too much bog.
    07-15-2013 10:16 PM
    Agree, while sometimes I don't quite mind Verizon Apps (They have been getting better about the size.) to have a subsidized phone. But I do wish you could unistall freaking N.O.V.A, Madden, Slacker, and all the other random junk. The only Verizon App I think I would actually want is My Verizon, despite it being terriable. VZ Nav and all should have left long ago, no one actually uses them.

To relate to the title, yes. Moto Magic, the camera twist, long press for burst shot (take as little or much as you want), thats enough features for me besides the stock google now and photoshere (do recent non stock devices have it?) The Galaxy S4 has way to many Samsung apps, too much bog.
    I agree, the S4 is a nice phone, but has way too much preinstalled garbage. I can hardly wait to get rid of Verizon when my contract ends next April. Unfortunately T-Mobile does not have super great service in my area, but with WiFi calling, that should work for me. I can hardly wait to get my hands on a phone with minimal bloatware, on a carrier that does not add a ton of bloatware to their devices.

General Tso likes this.
    07-15-2013 10:35 PM
    Nope, but you'll frequently find other garbage on them. The VZ Navigator, VZ Music, etc especially comes to mind. There's no excuse for any of that bloat, especially given how much they charge for phones and plans. It cheapens and degrades the customer experience on what are supposed to be high end phones.

While locked down might be irrelevant to you, it isn't to me. I like phones that are easily flashable for custom software or to just be able to restore them to factory easily. It would be easy for Verizon to cater to customers such as myself and have no impact on other customers that don't care. Leaving the bootloader unlockable wouldn't impact anyone. If they are so concerned about people screwing up their phones and asking for warranty replacements, there's an easy solution to that: void the warranty on phones with unlocked bootloaders. While a phone with an unlockable bootloader isn't as much of a priority to me, it is still high on the desire list, but not enough to jump to a carrier with inferior coverage and reliability.
    I've disabled Amazon Kindle, Backup+ Media, City ID, Swype, Verizon Tones, Video Calling, and VZ Navigator. While they still take up space on my phone, disabling them is a rather simple process. As someone who used to work in the "app" industry, I can understand the business decisions behind the pre-load process.

People like you aren't the majority. I know you know that.

bp3dots likes this.
    07-15-2013 11:06 PM
    Back to the explanation of why using RAM is a good thing in Android.
    Yep. Android works differently from windows.

07-16-2013 04:26 AM
    I've disabled Amazon Kindle, Backup+ Media, City ID, Swype, Verizon Tones, Video Calling, and VZ Navigator. While they still take up space on my phone, disabling them is a rather simple process. As someone who used to work in the "app" industry, I can understand the business decisions behind the pre-load process.

People like you aren't the majority. I know you know that.

I tend to look at this the same way I look at buying a laptop. Most branded laptops have a crap load of preinstalled junk software that I get rid of on a new one. But I wish our phones had the same capability laptops have: you can format a branded laptop and install your own licensed copy of windows minus the bloatware. That would be awesome if we could do that with all Android devices without unlocking bootloaders and rooting
    hokiesteve likes this.
    07-16-2013 08:45 AM
86 1234