If this phone doesn't have any flashy features will you still get this instead of HTC/Samsung?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

thanks, there's a few giveaways in that interview too:

The processors are from Taiwan; the OLED screens are from Korea, Woodside said. But 70 percent of assembly will occur in Texas

So I'm guessing a CPU made in Taiwan though I'm not sure which because I think there's a lot that are not by Taiwanese companies but are manufactured there. Even Intel has some made in Taiwan. The screen: supplied by Samsung maybe?

Other big unsolved problems: Screens that break and short battery life.

yes!

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My first android device was G1 and since then I have had HTC Thundserbolt, HTC One S and currently S3 plus Nexus 7. After having all those devices I sort at a cross roads with feature rich software and minamalistic stock android.

I like stock android on my Nexus 7 but prefer touch wiz on my phone. However I find stock android needs add the most popular touchwiz and sense features and widgets in Google's minimalistic fashion. That said I do find feature rich software over bearing and seems they go for quantity rather than quality and necessity.

I have had two devices with stock android and three with OEM ui. I feel stock android is almost where I want it to be where I can leave OEM ui behind.

I am extremely excited for the Moto X and hope it's a stock android experience or a very minimalistic feature rich ui.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I need the moto radios. Where I work no other phone has the reception of my hd maxx, have check them side by each.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
This might sound crazy, but I'm going to wait for actual concrete details about this phone before making any kinds of decisions with it in mind.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
White Motorola Droid Ultra shown in leaked image. Moto X to sport Clear Pixel camera, pure Android? ? Unwired View

The Moto X will apparently feature a ?Clear Pixel? camera with gesture controls. Without further information on this, the only thing we can do is speculate ? that maybe it will have bigger pixels than normal, akin to what we?ve seen in the HTC One. Or maybe it will come with optical image stabilization, which seems to be all the rage right now among smartphone makers. Or both.

One thing is certain (at least according to the aforementioned source): dark, blurry pictures will be a thing of the past with this camera. That?s been promised by phone makers so many times already that we?re really having trouble believing such a claim right now. But let?s wait and see, maybe Motorola will be able to surprise.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Let's pretend this phone has specs that are basically equal to the One and S4, but is pretty close to stock for the UI, a roughly equal camera performance and is built as nicely as Moto usually builds their phones, BUT doesn't have flashy features like Blinkfeed, Beats, or the various S4 features like eye scrolling air gestures etc, would you still buy it over the other 2? If yes, why?

I would. The reason is because the device would be cheaper and less costly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
And also, I would not have to root to remove any bloatwares that was 'invited' with my new device.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Moto X features “Clear Pixel” camera for better low-light performance, device casing leaked | Android and Me

The Clear Pixel camera sounds brand spanking new, but it?s actually not a very new technology. It?s a Kodak imaging sensor design that can take more light in than other camera sensors. While normal cameras take in a specific color, panchromatic, clear pixel sensors take in all wavelengths of visible light, effectively taking in three times more light.

The Clear Pixel camera uses a mix of clear pixels and standard pixels. This design can be adapted to all sorts of devices, and it seems that Motorola is now using it. And we know it?s real, because it has been patented. And there was a time that Google bought a lot of Kodak patents, so Motorola may be getting it from Google.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of TouchWiz or Sense so if Motorola came out with a phone that competed at the same level as the GS4 and One, I'd definitely give it a good look. I've always loved the build quality of Motorola phones and their recent return to almost stock Android is refreshing. Less code added onto the base OS typically means less bugs and faster updates.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd take it.. Really fast.

If it has the camera of the S4... I love that camera quality.. Everything else imo is junk... Knowing google's stance on making Android Camera's better, i'd say it should have a good camera.. So i'd deff try it over HTC or Sammy Soso

flighinhigh

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I will get the X. I had the Samsung Nexus and was replaced three times as it lost connection and data constantly. 1.5 miles from a tower and had a signal of 0-1.5 MAX. So no more Samsung phones for me. The Nexus was replaced with the Razar MAXX, working good so far. I enjoy the look and feel of the Motorola phones. So I would like it in a 5", but sounding like a smaller size pine. I will wait and see how it does before i commit to a new phone like I did the Samsung Nexus. I love not having all the VZW junk apps on the phone and fast upgrades.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sure would, I love motorola devices.. My only gripe is that until now, it's almost like they had an exclusivity contract with Verizon. There were almost no phones released by moto in the past two years, that were high end on any other carrier, only low-mid range junk.

Honestly I would like to see a nice, clean Google experience on this device. Those flashy features really slow a device down. Just look at the Galaxy series from samsung. Tw is a monster resource hog.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Do they need to listen? People still sign up for their service.

People primarily sign up because they provide great coverage and reliability. It doesn't excuse the locked down, modified and bloated phone offerings, and the slow updates just because Verizon customers sign up despite these problems.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
IMO, as long as Google Play services is up to date, my devices are up to date.

That's not necessarily true. Security updates are a big area where os updates are necessary. Unfortunately, carriers and manufacturers haven't exactly been rushing out to fix the master key vulnerability.

AnneDroyd

May 24, 2013
Visit site
All those "features" are gimmicky. How often do you think you'd use any of those S4 features? I know if I got an S4 I'd use none of them because I would be on AOKP, not Touch Wiz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
HA! HA! If key lime pie on the next nexus had the s4's camera software, imagining s4 never existed you people would be claiming it's the best.
Personally I prefer my phones not to have any flashy software features. I prefer awesome hardware and aosp. All of these flashy software mods slow down the processor and hog up ram.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Because the HTC one and s4 is such a slow, laggy phone.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
HA! HA! If key lime pie on the next nexus had the s4's camera software, imagining s4 never existed you people would be claiming it's the best.

Because the HTC one and s4 is such a slow, laggy phone.

Depends on your usage. If you run intensive tasks, your phone is bound to lag.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Because it wouldn't come with lag, an ugly UI, and only 9 GB of storage.

Because the s4 is such a slow, laggy phone.
The funny thing is? it kind of is.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

AnneDroyd

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Because it wouldn't come with lag, an ugly UI, and only 9 GB of storage.

The funny thing is? it kind of is.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The look if the UI is subjective, it has an SD card and give me proof that its laggy. My fianc?'s s4 has never lagged even with the heaviest of apps.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app