07-06-2013 06:40 PM
107 1234 ...
tools
    This ad taught us nothing new in the way about facts about the device(s).
    Ry likes this.
    07-03-2013 05:56 AM
    Why did Motorola say this phones going to compete with iPhone 5 and S4 if the specs are a mid level phone??

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    benhmadison likes this.
    07-03-2013 06:27 AM
    Why did Motorola say this phones going to compete with iPhone 5 and S4 if the specs are a mid level phone??

Well on paper the specs will still be better than an iPhone and the UX will probably be, in their minds, similar to or better than the S4 given the lack of bloat, etc. offering a smoother and cleaner experience. I'm not saying that's their reasons, just my speculation on how the statements could be true. Also, they're never going to say, "this phone is going to suck, don't buy it."
    DS1331 likes this.
    07-03-2013 06:56 AM
    I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this phone. It's Moto's first post Google attempt, and you can't run before you learn to crawl.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro (Walmart Blue Light Special)
    07-03-2013 07:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this phone. It's Moto's first post Google attempt, and you can't run before you learn to crawl.

I'll probably get it just to support the project, but I feel no obligation to OMG I LOVE IT!
    jdbii likes this.
    07-03-2013 07:04 AM

I really don't agree with this. Moto has been making phones for a long time now, and Google has come a long way with android. So put two power companies together and you've got something special. I'm not saying your not gonna have some bugs, but it should be a very competitive device.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-03-2013 08:09 AM
    Give me a RAZR M-like body with a 4.3 720 HD screen, Spandragon 600, 2GB RAM, 16 GB of storage with a 4.2.2-based MotoBLUR on a 2000 mAh battery that runs on Verizon.

If I can't get that processor, that RAM, and that storage on a "small" phone without needing to go with a bigger screen, the customizations are worthless.

(I still think the customizations are just cosmetic - covers, colors, etc.)

Posted via Android Central App
    I will have same order but no motoblur please. I would also like it on t-mobile with no bezel.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2013 08:14 AM

Maybe customization is more than cosmetic.

07-03-2013 08:18 AM
    Maybe customization is more than cosmetic.

Yeah I was thinking they would let you choose what hardware you want in it, if you order it online, or give you the standard model if you bought it in store. I would think if they let you choose the hardware, that they would have a sliding cost scale.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    07-03-2013 09:03 AM
    From the pic of the ad (guy and girl jumping). Maybe they'll call it the "X 1"

I was looking at that and trying to figure out what her body shape meant. Now that you say this, I could see it. We have X1 now, X2 later, X3 afterwards and so on..... Good call.
    07-03-2013 09:09 AM
    My dream config:

Intel Core i7 SoC
    8GB RAM
    256GB storage
    60000 mAh battery
    Kevlar-strength glass back
    6" 4K screen with zero bezel
    Gigabit-speed WiFi and cellular support (on a capable carrier)
    8mm thin
    $99 unlocked

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Keep dreaming kid LOL

I like those specs though ....
    07-03-2013 09:28 AM
    Yeah I was thinking they would let you choose what hardware you want in it, if you order it online, or give you the standard model if you bought it in store. I would think if they let you choose the hardware, that they would have a sliding cost scale.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    I am going with the idea that they set of modification you can do to the phone. I speculating that this phone can be spec to be a low budget,mid range, and high end. I don't you will be able to customize little more out of there already pre set builds. You may able to expand storage but nothing more than that. It would be great to pick out individual specs you want but then it makes almost for Moto to build vast amount code for every possible combination of parts. Again all speculation but I would bet if we could customize internals we would be choosing prebuilt packages that have set processor,ram, camera,etc.

benhmadison likes this.
    07-03-2013 10:00 AM

Two wild guesses, the leaked specs are for the base model and if you purchase the phone with all the upgrades it'll be better than those two.

I read somewhere that a cell phone is a status symbol. Like if you have the S4 or iPhone 5, everyone knows you've got the best thing out there. With the Moto X, if you can customize the internals, no one will know if you've got the base model or the beefed up model unless the ask and know a thing or two.

Just wild guesses.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-03-2013 11:01 AM

Maybe specs don't matter.
    dcunited08 likes this.
    07-03-2013 11:28 AM
    I will have same order but no motoblur please. I would also like it on t-mobile with no bezel.

I still stand by my "I want Motorola to make a Motorola phone" just like Samsung makes a Samsung phone and HTC makes an HTC phone. Want a "stock" experience? Hope for a Google Play edition.
    07-03-2013 11:29 AM
    Aren't the shadows off in the ad. The girl's shadow is right behind her, but the guys is off to the left. Like the sun is in two places, and his shadow doesn't even look like him.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-03-2013 11:54 AM
    I was looking at that and trying to figure out what her body shape meant. Now that you say this, I could see it. We have X1 now, X2 later, X3 afterwards and so on..... Good call.
    Or XI for 11.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    07-03-2013 12:56 PM
    I still stand by my "I want Motorola to make a Motorola phone" just like Samsung makes a Samsung phone and HTC makes an HTC phone. Want a "stock" experience? Hope for a Google Play edition.
    It's not if moto couldn't do both. I just hate to see Moto dawn the "a Google company' and not have stock android device.

I wonder if the Moto's "lead device"will have Google stamp to go along with it?

Would it not suit Moto to have Google's stamp if they are saying there a "Google company"

I understand your point you want Motorola to make Motorola products but my point is there " a Google Company" they might want provide Google products. Then what would be the point to have change in campaign and push the "a Google company" moto if they won't produce any Google Products. What would be Google about their marketing except stating Google owns them.

07-03-2013 01:54 PM
    I really don't agree with this. Moto has been making phones for a long time now, and Google has come a long way with android. So put two power companies together and you've got something special. I'm not saying your not gonna have some bugs, but it should be a very competitive device.

Lol two power companies together equals success like hp and palm or sprint and nextell ? Doesnt work eeverytime but i think googles too good not to deliver a bad *** phone w moto

07-03-2013 02:10 PM
    Just blowing smoke and mirrors as I look into my imaginary crystal ball: The whole choice and build your own phone might be the ability to turn off the OEM UI and revert to stock android like you can with the HTC First. I think it'd be cool if you could load CyanogenMod, but still have the option of factory-resetting back to stock without having to reload the OEM firmware, sort of like a disk image recovery functionality even if you load an alternate OS. Maybe there will be two sims trays -- I don't don't know why -- but don't phones in Europe sometimes have two sim trays so you can use multiple carriers and/or networks? It is really hard for me to imagine that they can offer extensive hardware customization since that would significantly increase the price of per unit build.
    07-03-2013 02:17 PM
    It's not if moto couldn't do both. I just hate to see Moto dawn the "a Google company' and not have stock android device.

I wonder if the Moto's "lead device"will have Google stamp to go along with it?

Would it not suit Moto to have Google's stamp if they are saying there a "Google company"

I understand your point you want Motorola to make Motorola products but my point is there " a Google Company" they might want provide Google products. Then what would be the point to have change in campaign and push the "a Google company" moto if they won't produce any Google Products. What would be Google about their marketing except stating Google owns them.

The Nexus line is not necessary if Motorola makes "stock" Android devices exclusively.
    07-03-2013 02:41 PM
    Or XI for 11.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Yes, maybe it is an 11, as in July 11 when the press event is scheduled for.
    07-03-2013 03:44 PM
    Darn, okay, move along people, nothing to see:

Moto X customization reportedly includes colors, engravings, but not hardware
    Motorola Moto X customization: colors, wallpapers and engravings | BGR
    07-03-2013 04:35 PM
    The ultimate excitement killer would be it's announced as an 'on contract' phone and not like the Nexus 4 where you just go to Google Play and buy.
    07-03-2013 04:50 PM
    The ultimate excitement killer would be it's announced as an 'on contract' phone and not like the Nexus 4 where you just go to Google Play and buy.
    If it's going to all carriers, including Verizon and Sprint, it's going to be one of those "on-contact" phones.

Seriously. Expectations folks?
    07-03-2013 05:00 PM
107 1234 ...