Motorola shows off first ad for Moto X Phone, teases a phone ?designed by you?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Why did Motorola say this phones going to compete with iPhone 5 and S4 if the specs are a mid level phone??

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why did Motorola say this phones going to compete with iPhone 5 and S4 if the specs are a mid level phone??

Well on paper the specs will still be better than an iPhone and the UX will probably be, in their minds, similar to or better than the S4 given the lack of bloat, etc. offering a smoother and cleaner experience. I'm not saying that's their reasons, just my speculation on how the statements could be true. Also, they're never going to say, "this phone is going to suck, don't buy it." :)

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this phone. It's Moto's first post Google attempt, and you can't run before you learn to crawl.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro (Walmart Blue Light Special)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this phone. It's Moto's first post Google attempt, and you can't run before you learn to crawl.

I'll probably get it just to support the project, but I feel no obligation to OMG I LOVE IT! :)

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I really don't agree with this. Moto has been making phones for a long time now, and Google has come a long way with android. So put two power companies together and you've got something special. I'm not saying your not gonna have some bugs, but it should be a very competitive device.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Give me a RAZR M-like body with a 4.3 720 HD screen, Spandragon 600, 2GB RAM, 16 GB of storage with a 4.2.2-based MotoBLUR on a 2000 mAh battery that runs on Verizon.

If I can't get that processor, that RAM, and that storage on a "small" phone without needing to go with a bigger screen, the customizations are worthless.

(I still think the customizations are just cosmetic - covers, colors, etc.)

Posted via Android Central App

I will have same order but no motoblur please. I would also like it on t-mobile with no bezel.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe customization is more than cosmetic.

Yeah I was thinking they would let you choose what hardware you want in it, if you order it online, or give you the standard model if you bought it in store. I would think if they let you choose the hardware, that they would have a sliding cost scale.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
From the pic of the ad (guy and girl jumping). Maybe they'll call it the "X 1"

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was looking at that and trying to figure out what her body shape meant. Now that you say this, I could see it. We have X1 now, X2 later, X3 afterwards and so on..... Good call.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My dream config:

Intel Core i7 SoC
8GB RAM
256GB storage
60000 mAh battery
Kevlar-strength glass back
6" 4K screen with zero bezel
Gigabit-speed WiFi and cellular support (on a capable carrier)
8mm thin
$99 unlocked

:p

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Keep dreaming kid LOL

I like those specs though ....

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking they would let you choose what hardware you want in it, if you order it online, or give you the standard model if you bought it in store. I would think if they let you choose the hardware, that they would have a sliding cost scale.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

I am going with the idea that they set of modification you can do to the phone. I speculating that this phone can be spec to be a low budget,mid range, and high end. I don't you will be able to customize little more out of there already pre set builds. You may able to expand storage but nothing more than that. It would be great to pick out individual specs you want but then it makes almost for Moto to build vast amount code for every possible combination of parts. Again all speculation but I would bet if we could customize internals we would be choosing prebuilt packages that have set processor,ram, camera,etc.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Two wild guesses, the leaked specs are for the base model and if you purchase the phone with all the upgrades it'll be better than those two.

I read somewhere that a cell phone is a status symbol. Like if you have the S4 or iPhone 5, everyone knows you've got the best thing out there. With the Moto X, if you can customize the internals, no one will know if you've got the base model or the beefed up model unless the ask and know a thing or two.

Just wild guesses.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I will have same order but no motoblur please. I would also like it on t-mobile with no bezel.

I still stand by my "I want Motorola to make a Motorola phone" just like Samsung makes a Samsung phone and HTC makes an HTC phone. Want a "stock" experience? Hope for a Google Play edition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez