Motorola shows off first ad for Moto X Phone, teases a phone ?designed by you?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Aren't the shadows off in the ad. The girl's shadow is right behind her, but the guys is off to the left. Like the sun is in two places, and his shadow doesn't even look like him.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I still stand by my "I want Motorola to make a Motorola phone" just like Samsung makes a Samsung phone and HTC makes an HTC phone. Want a "stock" experience? Hope for a Google Play edition.

It's not if moto couldn't do both. I just hate to see Moto dawn the "a Google company' and not have stock android device.

I wonder if the Moto's "lead device"will have Google stamp to go along with it?

Would it not suit Moto to have Google's stamp if they are saying there a "Google company"

I understand your point you want Motorola to make Motorola products but my point is there " a Google Company" they might want provide Google products. Then what would be the point to have change in campaign and push the "a Google company" moto if they won't produce any Google Products. What would be Google about their marketing except stating Google owns them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I really don't agree with this. Moto has been making phones for a long time now, and Google has come a long way with android. So put two power companies together and you've got something special. I'm not saying your not gonna have some bugs, but it should be a very competitive device.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lol two power companies together equals success like hp and palm or sprint and nextell ? Doesnt work eeverytime but i think googles too good not to deliver a bad *** phone w moto

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just blowing smoke and mirrors as I look into my imaginary crystal ball: The whole choice and build your own phone might be the ability to turn off the OEM UI and revert to stock android like you can with the HTC First. I think it'd be cool if you could load CyanogenMod, but still have the option of factory-resetting back to stock without having to reload the OEM firmware, sort of like a disk image recovery functionality even if you load an alternate OS. Maybe there will be two sims trays -- I don't don't know why -- but don't phones in Europe sometimes have two sim trays so you can use multiple carriers and/or networks? It is really hard for me to imagine that they can offer extensive hardware customization since that would significantly increase the price of per unit build.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not if moto couldn't do both. I just hate to see Moto dawn the "a Google company' and not have stock android device.

I wonder if the Moto's "lead device"will have Google stamp to go along with it?

Would it not suit Moto to have Google's stamp if they are saying there a "Google company"

I understand your point you want Motorola to make Motorola products but my point is there " a Google Company" they might want provide Google products. Then what would be the point to have change in campaign and push the "a Google company" moto if they won't produce any Google Products. What would be Google about their marketing except stating Google owns them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

The Nexus line is not necessary if Motorola makes "stock" Android devices exclusively.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The ultimate excitement killer would be it's announced as an 'on contract' phone and not like the Nexus 4 where you just go to Google Play and buy.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The ultimate excitement killer would be it's announced as an 'on contract' phone and not like the Nexus 4 where you just go to Google Play and buy.

If it's going to all carriers, including Verizon and Sprint, it's going to be one of those "on-contact" phones.

Seriously. Expectations folks?

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If it's going to all carriers, including Verizon and Sprint, it's going to be one of those "on-contact" phones.

Our minds are allowed to wander.

There has been rumors it will be an off contract phone. How could you customize an on contract phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Our minds are allowed to wander.

There has been rumors it will be an off contract phone. How could you customize an on contract phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Google/Motorola will probably set up a website where you can do just that.

*Note: you can currently buy a phone from Motorola's website with a contract.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

What recent high-end phone has not been available unlocked? Especially one made by Google?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

BTW, we already have model numbers that may correspond to carrier variants of the MOTO X.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-x/292202-sprint-motorola-xt1056.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-x/292203-t-motorola-xt1058.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-x/292204-verizon-motorola-xt1060.html

Who says there won't be an off-contract variant though? Getting this out on all channels is better than Google Play (+ one, fourth place, carrier).

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference between customization and just having different phones? Look how many "custom" versions you can get of the Galaxy S4. Different processors, screens, sizes, cameras, build materials. Is that what people are expecting of Motorola?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
What's the difference between customization and just having different phones? Look how many "custom" versions you can get of the Galaxy S4. Different processors, screens, sizes, cameras, build materials. Is that what people are expecting of Motorola?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

People are expecting to be able to go to a MOTO X store (online), pick their screen size, pick how much RAM, pick which processor, pick how large of a battery, pick which camera - like building a PC.

Unlike the S4 versions (i.e. I can't get the same processor in the Galaxy S4 put into the Galaxy S4 Mini or S4 Zoom).

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at that and trying to figure out what her body shape meant. Now that you say this, I could see it. We have X1 now, X2 later, X3 afterwards and so on..... Good call.

Just like the Galaxy S, S2, S3, and S4. It seems to work for Samsung. Its catchy and easy to remember.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just like the Galaxy S, S2, S3, and S4. It seems to work for Samsung. Its catchy and easy to remember.

I've always wondered... what happens when the 8th gen Note is released?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've always wondered... what happens when the 8th gen Note is released?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Same thing that happens after the Nexus 6 :p

Seriously though, it'll be the Galaxy Note 8.0 III and Galaxy Note VIII.