Not impressed with the rumored Moto X

Eaglemaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Tbh, if the rumored phone we have been hearing about comes specs and features that some have claimed it has, it would be a giant fail for google/Motorola. It's very underwhelming and can not compete with the big boys.

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Give the phone a chance, it hasn't even been announced yet. Plus hardware is only so much without the right software.

Posted via Android Central App

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Its not supposed to compete with the big guys. Its a midrange device aimed to those not looking to drop half a grand on a phone. Hopefully they release the full specs and price soon. If its a little less than the nexus 4 unlocked its might be a no brainer for many.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Think about it. Say it is a dual core 1.7ghz with 2gig of ram and a 720p display. Combine that with the rumored 4000mAh battery and you have a phone that will have great battery life. Adapt the OS to the hardware and it should be a very competitive mid range phone...

I don't think everyone wants a phone on contact. If they make this reasonably priced I could see it doing very well.

I love my one but I still look forward to seeing what this phone has to offer. May even get it as a backup

Sent from my HTC One

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, moto isn't trying to sell hardware on this one. They're trying to sell features. I agree we should look at it before determining if they succeeded or not.

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Think about it. Say it is a dual core 1.7ghz with 2gig of ram and a 720p display. Combine that with the rumored 4000mAh battery and you have a phone that will have great battery life. Adapt the OS to the hardware and it should be a very competitive mid range phone...

I don't think everyone wants a phone on contact. If they make this reasonably priced I could see it doing very well.

I love my one but I still look forward to seeing what this phone has to offer. May even get it as a backup

Sent from my HTC One

I agree with what you said but didn't motorola's CEO say that the Moto X wasn't gonna be one of the lower priced phone's at D11?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Its going to be very funny when this "underwhelming" phone runs better, smoother, and has better battery life then some of the "big boys" but will have a good amount of features as well. One of the "big boys" has documented lag issues, so if the moto X gets along better then that phone, then what makes it underwhelming?

These are all assumptions, we know nothing for sure until it's officially outed

slywalk

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my HTC One

Sources on that 4000mah battery please? I don't mean to be a ****, i just haven't read that anywhere and if it's true,I'm psyched.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Removable or Non Removable? The battery specification have not been to clear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I haven't seen anything that specified one way or the other. Based on recent Motorola devices I'd say not removable, but this isn't a typical recent Motorola device so who knows?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Tbh, if the rumored phone we have been hearing about comes specs and features that some have claimed it has, it would be a giant fail for google/Motorola. It's very underwhelming and can not compete with the big boys.

How so?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
This latest leak, if true, means this phone just comes across as an average contender to me. Nothing impressed me as exceptional or innovative, but nothing struck me as being terrible either. I see this phone as a "nice/ok" phone for average folks. That's neither praise nor criticism, it's just my observation.

What I do criticize is based on where I live - Canada. As a former owner of a Moto smartphone, I can testify that the customer support forums for NON-USA owners is riddled with very poor customer service complaints. If you're outside of the US, Moto's treatment of you, to be blunt, sucks balls. What I'm seeing now is what I've seen in the past from Motorola outside of the USA: carrier exclusivity. That set off an alarm with me. I'm also very concerned that Google never did restructure Motorola's infrastructure after they acquired the company, which means same old faces, and likely a lot of poor practices and habits continuing in the guts of the employee pool from the pre-buyout days.

In fact, their support forums look exactly the same as they always have and their support staff are also the pre-buyout people. I don't think it's far fetched at all to assume that Google's management of Moto is likely pretty light and they've allowed them to conduct their affairs pretty much the same as they always have.

Having been burnt once, and seeing some activity now that worries me, I'm going to take the ultra safe wait and see approach and watch Motorola's 2013 phones from the sidelines to see if they've mended their ways since the Google takeover.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This latest leak, if true, means this phone just comes across as an average contender to me. Nothing impressed me as exceptional or innovative, but nothing struck me as being terrible either. I see this phone as a "nice/ok" phone for average folks. That's neither praise nor criticism, it's just my observation.

What I do criticize is based on where I live - Canada. As a former owner of a Moto smartphone, I can testify that the customer support forums for NON-USA owners is riddled with very poor customer service complaints. If you're outside of the US, Moto's treatment of you, to be blunt, sucks balls. What I'm seeing now is what I've seen in the past from Motorola outside of the USA: carrier exclusivity. That set off an alarm with me. I'm also very concerned that Google never did restructure Motorola's infrastructure after they acquired the company, which means same old faces, and likely a lot of poor practices and habits continuing in the guts of the employee pool from the pre-buyout days.

In fact, their support forums look exactly the same as they always have and their support staff are also the pre-buyout people. I don't think it's far fetched at all to assume that Google's management of Moto is likely pretty light and they've allowed them to conduct their affairs pretty much the same as they always have.

Having been burnt once, and seeing some activity now that worries me, I'm going to take the ultra safe wait and see approach and watch Motorola's 2013 phones from the sidelines to see if they've mended their ways since the Google takeover.

Rogers is getting the X.

AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon are all supposedly getting the X.

More carriers will probably get the X. What was the last Motorola phone widely available to most/all carriers? The original (flip phone) RAZR?

The Moto X will be ahead of old Moto upon release.

Not sure why you need to take an ultra safe approach.

The X is the halo/flagship for the new Motorola. Just like the One and GS4 for HTC and Samsung. Having a halo won't stop Motorola from making other devices, just like the One and GS4 haven't stopped HTC and Samsung from making other devices.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you're aware of Canadian carriers Ry, but Bell is actually the largest of the big 3 carriers in Canada. You can see how any phone being exclusive to Rogers is more of a big deal to us than you make it out to be. Neither Samsung nor HTC seemed to have any problem at all getting their phones out to everyone up here. What's Moto's excuse?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you're aware of Canadian carriers Ry, but Bell is actually the largest of the big 3 carriers in Canada. You can see how any phone being exclusive to Rogers is more of a big deal to us than you make it out to be. Neither Samsung nor HTC seemed to have any problem at all getting their phones out to everyone up here. What's Moto's excuse?

So any leaks that say Bell isn't getting a variant of the Moto X?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia