Moto X Specs

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I got a quick question about Open Mic, will developers be able to copy it and give it to other phones ? and will the moto X receive fast updates like the nexus line?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I got a quick question about Open Mic, will developers be able to copy it and give it to other phones ? and will the moto X receive fast updates like the nexus line?
Possible, they were able to do Google Now. If theres demand theirs a way. but I also have a feeling that open mic may be deeper rooted in the phone that just a app. Updates probably depend on the carrier, like Verizon would be slow. but if its sold of the Play store it should be nexus-like quality depending on Motorolas Software, which should be quick cause its near stock.

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Really disappointed with these specs... I hoped they would come out with something better... This might as well have been launched earlier this year... I wouldn't trade my HTC One for this...

Posted via Android Central App

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It's not the same chipset as the one x or s3, it's closer to the nexus 4s snapdragon pro, look at the gpu. Essentially it's a nexus 4 missing 2 cores, so I doubt anyone will notice, hardware is waaaaaay past software.

I think the specs are outdated because it wasn't the focus of the phone. I mean you already have the one and galaxy s4, what good would another snapdragon 600 clone really do for the industry? It's apparent the focus was on features, not benchmark scores

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Really disappointed with these specs... I hoped they would come out with something better... This might as well have been launched earlier this year... I wouldn't trade my HTC One for this...

Hmm that's interesting that the att model is called ghost. Really though, those are still very competitive specs, compared to the quad cores. I've used both the s4 and one side by side with my s3 (which has pretty identical hardware), and I notice no difference in how they run.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

AlienOverlordAU

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know if that rumoured processor actually has an adreno 320, if so this phone would be awesome. Also, is it possible that this could just be a dual core version of the s600?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping for a quad core processor. There is no reason not to include one any more. The cost difference between the two was under 3 dollars.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for a quad core processor. There is no reason not to include one any more. The cost difference between the two was under 3 dollars.

I'm guessing the decision to go with a dual-core processor was made for the battery savings and not the cost savings.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if that rumoured processor actually has an adreno 320, if so this phone would be awesome. Also, is it possible that this could just be a dual core version of the s600?

Yeah its an adreno 320, if the pics on the previous page are true that is.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
As far as software goes, I did notice that I'm pretty sure this is the first time Moto has made a departure from releasing phones with an Android version well behind what's current. At least they appear to be improving in that category. I used to hate that about them.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm that's interesting that the att model is called ghost. Really though, those are still very competitive specs, compared to the quad cores. I've used both the s4 and one side by side with my s3 (which has pretty identical hardware), and I notice no difference in how they run.

I'm under the impression that this current XFON project is called ghost. :)

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Definitely worrying considering the X device and a ZTE device are direct competitors.

Hmm.

ZTE a competitor in what markets? Zte strength of sales is no contract products and lower end devices (smartphones/basic) in the United States. MotoX is going to be on all the major carriers and ZTE brand recognition is low. First time they ever got any major press was when the United States government rated them as a potential security risk.

Last edited:

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
ZTE a competitor in what markets? Zte strength of sales is no contract products and lower end devices (smartphones/basic) in the United States. MotoX is going to be on all the major carriers and ZTE brand recognition is low. First time they ever got any major press was when the United States government rated them as a potential security risk.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic haha if I'm wrong please let me know libertarian. But I don't think I'm wrong haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1