Sony released two very nice phones, the Xperia Z and ZL, which have arguably much better specs than the X: Better display, larger display, quad core S4, same RAM, more storage, larger battery yet their launch came and went with barely a whisper of interest on these forums.
    I think it goes to show you how much power hype and hype generating leaks can hold.
    07-15-2013 04:04 PM
    Sony released two very nice phones, the Xperia Z and ZL, which have arguably much better specs than the X: Better display, larger display, quad core S4, same RAM, more storage, yet their launch came and went with barely a whisper of interest on these forums.
    Maybe because when it comes to phones the Sony brand name isn't that great. Plus the Google ownership factor creates a lot of buzz.
    Gamer_Radar likes this.
    07-15-2013 04:06 PM
    true, Sony hasn't been able to shake themselves out as a top selling android brand yet. This year they did the phones right, and then made almost zero effort to promote them. I don't know how these marketing directors keep their jobs.
    07-15-2013 04:09 PM
    Because Sony doesn't release phones in the US, and the huge majority of the readers here are from the US. We covered the hell out of both the phones on the blog, and nobody cared for the same reason.
    Ry, MERCDROID, cckgz4 and 5 others like this.
    07-15-2013 04:42 PM
    The experia Z seems like a big galaxy note. I'd be all over it, if I thought it would actually make its way to Verizon.

Couldn't even get the Gpro or One, so even phones that do sell stateside aren't likely to get me interested until they are actually in the store.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-15-2013 04:46 PM
    If Sony would release those phones on Verizon or AT&T, then more people would pay attention. Most people are on those two carriers and don't want to pay retail for their devices. I think it's that simple.
    07-15-2013 04:57 PM
    We ultimately don't know the top end specs of this phone. Why are we assuming this is the best we're going to get? I think Google would know better than that.
    07-15-2013 05:08 PM
    Because Sony doesn't release phones in the US, and the huge majority of the readers here are from the US. We covered the hell out of both the phones on the blog, and nobody cared for the same reason.
    Jerry nailed it.
    EggoEspada likes this.
    07-15-2013 05:12 PM
    Sony released two very nice phones, the Xperia Z and ZL, which have arguably much better specs than the X: Better display, larger display, quad core S4, same RAM, more storage, larger battery yet their launch came and went with barely a whisper of interest on these forums.
    I think it goes to show you how much power hype and hype generating leaks can hold.
    Brand recognition is Sony's issue even though Sony is a big name they are not recognized for phones. Furthermore Sony has yet to make phone to apeal to masses like the Galaxy Line, One, etc. Specs do not matter to masses it's features and apealing marketing campaigns.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-15-2013 05:22 PM
    Yep, they're gorgeous and not available to me and I'm not likely to ever see one except when traveling.

Transmitted through spacetime.
    07-16-2013 10:00 PM
    The thing that excites me about Moto X is specs. I like the trend (if, obviously, is true) Motorola has taken with it.
    Specs war, for me, is useless on phones. Completely.
    And that's why I'm excited. Also, sensors are interesting.
    07-17-2013 06:03 AM
    To be honest, I think the phone looks ugly. It has great specs, but it is ugly looking. Normally,I am not big on looks, but I do believe the phone has to look decent enough for me to buy I.e., s4 and HTC One. I am also eyeing the LG OptimusGg Pro.
    07-17-2013 12:12 PM