Guy Answering Moto X Questions on Google+

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Some guy was answering questions about the phone a few days ago on Google+. A lot of the answers just seem like rehashes of the rumors we've seen already and I don't know how much credibility the guy has. But here's the link for anyone who wants to look through it. I also re-typed some of the questions and answers for your convenience.

https://plus.google.com/110694450299661318989/posts/RSvJQoLXMEc

Here are some of the questions and answers:

Q: High-end, S4/One competing hardware or more upper-mid-range, for the normal folk?
A: More upper-mid-range. The leaks about MSM8960pro and 720p display were correct.

Q: What are the options that we can customize? is it just color:
A: You can customize the case material and its color. You will also be able to customize the software options (wallpaper, apps, ringtones, etc.) before the device ships using an online portal.

Q: When more or less will it be available? What price range unlocked? Will this be a close to stock quickly updated phone? Will it have 4.3 inch screen?
A: Available in August. Price range is unknown, but around $299 OR LESS unlocked. Yes, close to stock android with quick updates. Screen will be 4.x-inches with 720p resolution.

Q: So the process is old already. Sweet, lol.
A: Old depends on how you look at it. MSM8960pro still has "new" Krait cpu core and adreno 320 gpu. Plenty fast enough to run Android.

Q: Any word on outer materials? Soft touch plastic like One X? Smooth plastic like Galaxy S's? Glass like N4? Aluminum?
A: Rumored casing materials include plastic, metal, wood, and carbon fiber.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Some guy was answering questions about the phone a few days ago on Google+. A lot of the answers just seem like rehashes of the rumors we've seen already and I don't know how much credibility the guy has. But here's the link for anyone who wants to look through it. I also re-typed some of the questions and answers for your convenience.

Q: High-end, S4/One competing hardware or more upper-mid-range, for the normal folk?
A: More upper-mid-range. The leaks about MSM8960pro and 720p display were correct.

A: You can customize the case material and its color. You will also be able to customize the software options (wallpaper, apps, ringtones, etc.) before the device ships using an online portal.

Q: When more or less will it be available? What price range unlocked? Will this be a close to stock quickly updated phone? Will it have 4.3 inch screen?
A: Available in August. Price range is unknown, but around $299 OR LESS unlocked. Yes, close to stock android with quick updates. Screen will be 4.x-inches with 720p resolution.

A: Old depends on how you look at it. MSM8960pro still has "new" Krait cpu core and adreno 320 gpu. Plenty fast enough to run Android.

Q: Any word on outer materials? Soft touch plastic like One X? Smooth plastic like Galaxy S's? Glass like N4? Aluminum?

All I want to say here is that is the same fellow who claimed there would be 5 nexus phones last year, and that you could choose to turn off touchwiz and HTC Sense, and that Project Roadrunner would make our batteries last 2 days, and....and....

As far as any questions he has answered, those are common knowledge among the various "insiders" tipping all the blogs and tech writers. Nobody else believes any of it until we see a picture, because of the shenanigans this fellow pulled last year.

Always use a grain of salt.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree that there is no insider info here, just someone transferring rumors to qa format.

Transmitted through spacetime.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This guy is full of it.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
All I want to say here is that is the same fellow who claimed there would be 5 nexus phones last year

There is currently one Nexus and 2 GE phones. Rumours are usually slightly off. If the truth of the matter actually referred to the GE phones we're starting to see then he was actually pretty close.

and that you could choose to turn off touchwiz and HTC Sense

This could have been mistaken and tied into the GE phones instead. (Off topic, I hear there IS a ROM for the One out now that does this)

Project Roadrunner would make our batteries last 2 days
I think something like this is actually still being worked on.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There is currently one Nexus and 2 GE phones. Rumours are usually slightly off. If the truth of the matter actually referred to the GE phones we're starting to see then he was actually pretty close.
>snip<

If you add the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, well then, it wasn't too far off...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol