This week in Google (207) Leo Laporte makes an interesting statement. Leo Laporte: "The Moto X has features no one has revealed yet". He didnt said much more, because of his a non-disclosure agreement

Here is the video (21m20s):
    07-18-2013 09:55 AM
    Motorola has to announce that damn phone.

I want it.
    MERCDROID and dcunited08 like this.
    07-18-2013 10:14 AM
    This week in Google (207) Leo Laporte makes an interesting statement. Leo Laporte: "The Moto X has features no one has revealed yet".
    He also basically tells Gina that she will regret her HTC One.
    07-18-2013 11:56 AM
    It will make phone calls?

Posted via Android Central App
    yfan, DWS44 and karn101 like this.
    07-18-2013 04:35 PM
    It will make phone calls?

Posted via Android Central App
    That is unknown at this point...

He also said it will come in the next 20 or so days but not less than 12 or so.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-18-2013 05:18 PM
    That is unknown at this point...

He also said it will come in the next 20 or so days but not less than 12 or so.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The hype for this phone is gigantic.
    I hope it won't disappoint.
    07-19-2013 03:47 AM
    Thanks, I have not seen this, chock full of good info.
    07-19-2013 06:20 AM
    This week in Google (207) Leo Laporte makes an interesting statement. Leo Laporte: "The Moto X has features no one has revealed yet". He didnt said much more, because of his a non-disclosure agreement

Here is the video (21m20s):
    A full screen notification and twitch-motion to launch the camera sure would be a disappointment if they were the headlining features.

Not surprised there's more to come.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-19-2013 06:34 AM
    It's got a round hole right in the middle of it...for you know...adult things.
    headbuzz likes this.
    07-19-2013 08:37 AM
    The hype for this phone is gigantic.
    I hope it won't disappoint.
    It's going to disappoint b/c I believe it will be incredibly difficult to live up to this hype. I'm keeping expectations modest but I believe it will exceed what I'm looking for I just hope it's at least 4.5 screen. I had a RAZR w/ a 4.3 and a GS3 w/ a 4.7 and I would prefer it to have a 4.7 but 4.3 is just a little too small for me.
    07-19-2013 08:56 AM
    With a supposed $500 million marketing campaign to back the Moto X, I'm optimistic as far as what else Google can pull out of its hat, so to speak, as far as the phone's features. The 'always-on' voice recognition and active sensors while the device is asleep seem more like the next evolution of Google Now's functionality as opposed to features that will remain unique to the Moto X. I'll definitely be getting one.

Or two.
    Aquila and JFH8 like this.
    07-19-2013 03:58 PM
    With a supposed $500 million marketing campaign to back the Moto X, I'm optimistic as far as what else Google can pull out of its hat, so to speak, as far as the phone's features. The 'always-on' voice recognition and active sensors while the device is asleep seem more like the next evolution of Google Now's functionality as opposed to features that will remain unique to the Moto X. I'll definitely be getting one.

Or two.
    I listened to the TWiT Google podcast today, and it really got me thinking. There's NO WAY Google will spend $500 million on marketing a single phone - so there has to be one or more KILLER features coming to Android by way of the Moto X - that will just outclass iOS.
    07-19-2013 07:19 PM
    I listened to the TWiT Google podcast today, and it really got me thinking. There's NO WAY Google will spend $500 million on marketing a single phone - so there has to be one or more KILLER features coming to Android by way of the Moto X - that will just outclass iOS.
    I don't think Google via Motorola feels the need to outclass iOS any longer. They need to iterate and refine what they have built so as not to stagnate in the manner which iOS has. Small, compelling changes won't alienate the user base the way huge sweeping change will. ICS was necessary, JB refined holo and KLP needs to iterate further. Let's hope the features are impactful rather than Samsung-like (not knocking Samsung, they make a good phone too).
    Jaredshoes likes this.
    07-19-2013 07:40 PM
    I don't think Google via Motorola feels the need to outclass iOS any longer. They need to iterate and refine what they have built so as not to stagnate in the manner which iOS has. Small, compelling changes won't alienate the user base the way huge sweeping change will. ICS was necessary, JB refined holo and KLP needs to iterate further. Let's hope the features are impactful rather than Samsung-like (not knocking Samsung, they make a good phone too).
    People tend to forget(although I think it is they over discount it also) that Tizen is looming behind Google's shoulders along with Firefox OS and Microsoft making huge restructuring changes to unify their architecture.

The market is going to become more competitive not less.
    07-20-2013 12:36 AM
    People tend to forget(although I think it is they over discount it also) that Tizen is looming behind Google's shoulders along with Firefox OS and Microsoft making huge restructuring changes to unify their architecture.

Hmm, I thought I saw an article a few weeks ago that Tizen was more or less dead in the water and soon to be abandoned by the Linux Foundation and/or possibly abandoned by Samsung. I'd love to see more competition, but I don't see it coming from any of those sources, at least not in the next 12-24 months.
    07-20-2013 12:47 AM
    Hmm, I thought I saw an article a few weeks ago that Tizen was more or less dead in the water and soon to be abandoned by the Linux Foundation and/or possibly abandoned by Samsung. I'd love to see more competition, but I don't see it coming from any of those sources, at least not in the next 12-24 months.
    I have a feeling Tizen is going to get Forked and still live on. Samsung is releasing only one phone, but I wouldn't be surprise if Intel is looking for an operating system they can control better and bundle with their chips.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-20-2013 01:25 AM
    Actually I believe Android is sort of moving away from Holo, or as we know it. G.Now, play apps, the web store, were going into the card's era. haha.
    07-20-2013 02:24 AM

After watching 2 major OS's falling on their faces for the last two years, even while backed by established companies, I don't have much confidence in people caring about Firefox OS or Tizen.

We've had a duopoly in place not for years, but for DECADES with desktop computers, so I don't know why everyone is under the impression that it won't happen with smartphones too. Neither MS or BB have been able to gain any real traction at all even after throwing tons of money at the problem, so I simply don't think the market wants a 3rd or 4th big OS.
    dcunited08 and ekimpadd like this.
    07-20-2013 08:20 AM
    It's going to disappoint b/c I believe it will be incredibly difficult to live up to this hype. I'm keeping expectations modest but I believe it will exceed what I'm looking for I just hope it's at least 4.5 screen. I had a RAZR w/ a 4.3 and a GS3 w/ a 4.7 and I would prefer it to have a 4.7 but 4.3 is just a little too small for me.
    It will have a 4.7 screen.
    07-20-2013 09:46 AM
    I think you are right about Tizen, and firefox, but Samsung forking Android has got to be a serious threat to Google. The biggest obstacle right now has to be maps, and the app store. App store they can partner with Amazon, or even get their own one going; which developer wouldn't submit their app to the app store running on all Samsung devices. Maps will be a little trickier, but not unthinkable that they could partner with someone.
    07-20-2013 04:51 PM
    After watching 2 major OS's falling on their faces for the last two years, even while backed by established companies, I don't have much confidence in people caring about Firefox OS or Tizen.

We've had a duopoly in place not for years, but for DECADES with desktop computers, so I don't know why everyone is under the impression that it won't happen with smartphones too. Neither MS or BB have been able to gain any real traction at all even after throwing tons of money at the problem, so I simply don't think the market wants a 3rd or 4th big OS.

Here is the flaw in your statement.

Nobody expected BlackBerry to be the state they are today in 2007.

They were the first time number 1 smartphone company and was the one if the most profitable phone company.

If Android and Apple can do this to the phone market in a 5 year period, something new can do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-20-2013 08:37 PM
    I don't think it's dead in the water. This was just recently announced

http://m.cnet.com/news/samsung-intel-dangle-$4m-in-prizes-for-tizen-apps/57592746
    07-21-2013 12:08 AM
    An episode to watch. Love Leo & TWIT!
    07-21-2013 12:56 AM
    Here is the flaw in your statement.

Nobody expected BlackBerry to be the state they are today in 2007.

They were the first time number 1 smartphone company and was the one if the most profitable phone company.

If Android and Apple can do this to the phone market in a 5 year period, something new can do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    I had thought it unnecessary to state the obvious - any company can shoot themselves in the foot. But what you're failing to remember is that back then the market was different and also brand new. Nobody had entrenched themselves yet as deeply as iOS and Android are now.
    07-21-2013 07:48 AM