Moto X to be revealed August 1st!

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Some sources (or one source) mentions the phone starts shipping to carriers tomorrow and could go on sale straight after it's announced. Salt and all that but that would be nice.

Posted with Rootboxed N4 via Android Central App

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Some sources (or one source) mentions the phone starts shipping to carriers tomorrow and could go on sale straight after it's announced. Salt and all that but that would be nice.

I'll check the shipments we receive tomorrow and thoughout the week, but yeah, salt. Not sure if we can check inbound orders, but if so, I'll check those too. (Verizon corporate)

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, having them on the 1st to sell doesn't make sense. Motorola's event is at night. Starts at 8pm, IIRC. That'd be weird having a phone in store to sell with an announcement after the store closes.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

So I can order my customized phone on Thursday when they announce it and they'll already have it at the store by Thursday because somehow they know how I want it customized and will be shipping it to the store before i order it?

Yeah, gonna need more than one grain of salt with that rumor.

Although I suppose they could be shipping demos now so people can check them out right after the announcement.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So I can order my customized phone on Thursday when they announce it and they'll already have it at the store by Thursday because somehow they know how I want it customized and will be shipping it to the store before i order it?

I've read in multiple places that the stores will carry black and white phones. Think about it: they basically have to if they expect to sell any. A lot of people aren't going to want to wait for a phone. It would be bad for the carriers to not have any to sell in store because they know that a lot of customers expect to be able to walk into a store and then walk out with a new phone. If a customer can't do that, they risk losing the customer.

If you want it customized, then you have to order it.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
On an unrelated note, is everybody having a good time or what??? :D I have a feeling my stay here will be short lived after the X is actually out, but speculating with everyone has been so exciting. I haven't looked forward to a launch like this since the Galaxy Nexus. I hope everyone else has been enjoying the discussion as much as I have. :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've read in multiple places that the stores will carry black and white phones. Think about it: they basically have to if they expect to sell any. A lot of people aren't going to want to wait for a phone. It would be bad for the carriers to not have any to sell in store because they know that a lot of customers expect to be able to walk into a store and then walk out with a new phone. If a customer can't do that, they risk losing the customer.

If you want it customized, then you have to order it.

I agree. I am wondering how this model of customizing your own phone is going to work out for Motorola. Because you are correct in saying that people are going to want to go into the store and walk out with a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Although I suppose they could be shipping demos now so people can check them out right after the announcement.

I don't think everybody would want a customized phone, surely they will have the black and white phones in stock for the regular customer. I don't think they will make it available the same day but maybe soon afterwards, who knows, it's a waiting game.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Would be neat of it has kind of a shell you could order in whatever color... something the average user could change without it feeling like a case

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Dude, Google and the NSA teamed up for this phone. Haven't you heard? They already know what you want.

They
are
always
watching
0_o

On an unrelated note, is everybody having a good time or what??? :D I have a feeling my stay here will be short lived after the X is actually out, but speculating with everyone has been so exciting. I haven't looked forward to a launch like this since the Galaxy Nexus. I hope everyone else has been enjoying the discussion as much as I have. :)

I concur. I haven't been this active on the AC forums since the GNEX launch. It's fun playing Moto X detective!

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
To my complete understanding from all the articles and Motorola information the stores will have NOTHING to do with the customizing options. It would be like if the Nexus 7 was available at the store and you could customize it through the Play Store site. If you want it special you order directly through Motorola's website...if you do not care about all that you get the normal version at the retailers. Now again we have had no word on this yet but based on it would take roughly 5 business days they claimed to get you the customized options to you I doubt they would do this at the retailer standpoint. I mean if we were going to be doing something new and ground breaking we would have at least a little info on a few things. We had rough launch dates on the HTC one we have details on the next LG phone and we knew details on the Ultra line. When it comes to ordering things phone do not show up the day of launch we have a general idea they are coming with our ordering systems and even more so on the indirect side being we have multiple companies trying to get us to order from them.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the actual event is late. The invite that went out to those invited has it starting at 8pm and going on until 1 or 2am. Not sure if there will be an announcement earlier or not.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante