Moto X:Playstore, Cost, Availability?

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If and that's a big if, I can get a Moto X for 349.99 off contract. I'll be on that like white on rice. I have a Gnex that is still capable but I need 32GB of storage for all my stuff. As it is with 16GB the capacity is hurting performance at the moment. Now i'm getting very interested in this.

Yes, 32 gigs of storage would spur my interest. That would be a strong attraction. Timeliness of updates is yet another important consideration.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Possibly, but it wouldn't be long anyways with the Nexus 5 expected 2-3 months after the Moto X anyways.

I was kind of factoring that in. Even 2-3 months out, I wouldn't mind buying a Nexus 4 if I needed it, but everything would change for me if the Moto X was priced the same as the Moto X. All this time I expected the Moto X to at least be $450, so a sub $400 phone would be tempting. I guess I don't get too caught up in specs. It is hard for me to grasp the idea that the Moto X will be mid-range phone. I would simply be too interested in the optimization of software that everybody keeps alluding to.

Yep, the Nexus 4 will probably phase out as soon as the Nexus 5 is released on the play store. When the Nexus 7.2 comes out,however long for nexus 7 to be remove from playstore is how long Nexus 4 has when the 5 comes out.

Great point. I never thought of that but it makes sense.

If and that's a big if, I can get a Moto X for 349.99 off contract. I'll be on that like white on rice.

Me too if I didn't have a Nexus 4.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, 32 gigs of storage would spur my interest. That would be a strong attraction. Timeliness of updates is yet another important consideration.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed on the updates to, with this being very close to stock. I think that we could see OTA updates very quickly from Googlerolla. What want to see though is how much of the new in the X will show up in KLP? That will be a big indicator as to how quickly those updates come by. Either way it has to be better than Sammy and HTC.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Droid Event and Google Event are now behind us we have eight days for the Moto X event. Comparing the events so far for Google and Moto to give the X it's own event makes me wonder how much content could possibly have to discuss over a single device? Hopefully the device available day one or within the week?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Droid Event and Google Event are now behind us we have eight days for the Moto X event. Comparing the events so far for Google and Moto to give the X it's own event makes me wonder how much content could possibly have to discuss over a single device? Hopefully the device available day one or within the week?

Well.. There's more we supposedly haven't seen already. And that Verizon/Motorola DROID event went rather quickly. And for Android, the breakfast with Sundar event focused on tablets.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well.. There's more we supposedly haven't seen already. And that Verizon/Motorola DROID event went rather quickly. And for Android, the breakfast with Sundar event focused on tablets.

Moto X can talk to extent the process of customizing the phone but not much to take up event. They may talk about some accessories for the Moto X. There probably be a big focus on phones situational awareness with correlating apps and features to go along with the core function. Hopefully battery life efficiency is a big highlight and break through in terms what currently is available.

The OS is what most interested in relationship to stock android. If has Moto UI would be more a part android rather than in top since they are working with and run by Google devs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yep, the Nexus 4 will probably phase out as soon as the Nexus 5 is released on the play store. When the Nexus 7.2 comes out,however long for nexus 7 to be remove from playstore is how long Nexus 4 has when the 5 comes out.

2012 Nexus 7 removed play store on day one so I would expect the same for the Nexus 4 will be gone same day the Nexus is announced. Nexus 5 will be available within a weeks time from the play store.

Assuming selling Moto X from the play store may be available very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The only decision I have to make in buying one of these is "White or Black?". I love having black phone but the white one is looking pretty darn nice.

No questions asked, I'm going to get the 32GB if it's really coming.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The only decision I have to make in buying one of these is "White or Black?". I love having black phone but the white one is looking pretty darn nice.

No questions asked, I'm going to get the 32GB if it's really coming.

No customizing?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
8pm-1am? That's late. I know they are going to go unconventional for this "press conference", but that's weird. Maybe an after party for when the press embargo is lifted. I just want to know when I can pre-order.

No other press events in past had similar times. The event is a party and think point is to show the moto x is great device for connecting people.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
2012 Nexus 7 removed play store on day one so I would expect the same for the Nexus 4 will be gone same day the Nexus is announced. Nexus 5 will be available within a weeks time from the play store.

Assuming selling Moto X from the play store may be available very soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

What is this mythical Nexus 5? lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie