08-23-2013 10:39 AM
153 ... 4567
tools
    No? Maybe the Ultra or the Maxx?

Sent from my Element Eclipsed S4
    Are either of them on sprint

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-2013 09:31 AM
    What would stop me from getting the Moto X?

Answers

- An iPhone with a 4.7in screen.
    - Droid Maxx in red
    - HTC One on Verizon

Looks like I will be getting the Moto X !!!

Yes, I know the One is supposedly coming to VZW. I'll believe it when I see it.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    07-30-2013 11:07 AM
    Here are mine, knowing that the VZW One, new Droids and the iPhone 5.x are coming...

1) Cost of unsubsidized?
    2) Is it coming to Verizon?
    3) More future-proof then my Rezound?
    4) Unique features not in any other phone?
    07-30-2013 11:55 AM
    Thermonuclear war, some sort of alien virus epidemic, Glenn Beck owning the device... lots of things

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    jtc276, TomsAndroid, JFH8 and 1 others like this.
    07-31-2013 06:21 PM
    My galaxy s3, still running like a champ on CM 10.1
    07-31-2013 06:46 PM
    After the debacle that this presser was. Just about everything Motorola did today would stop me.

Oh where to begin? Oh let's start with the exclusives. Att has the customizations and the 32MB option. WTF was that about. Who made that deal with the devil? Then to add insult to injury we are blessed with subsidiary pricing. 199 and 249 respectively. The 579 and 639 for the unlocked price. What were they smoking when that went down?

Gotta love the justification. Yes it has last year's cpu but we put in 2 dsp's. Woo hoo!!!!!!!! NOT!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    tdizzel and Roundpotato like this.
    08-01-2013 10:00 PM
    After the debacle that this presser was. Just about everything Motorola did today would stop me.

Oh where to begin? Oh let's start with the exclusives. Att has the customizations and the 32MB option. WTF was that about. Who made that deal with the devil? Then to add insult to injury we are blessed with subsidiary pricing. 199 and 249 respectively. The 579 and 639 for the unlocked price. What were they smoking when that went down?

Gotta love the justification. Yes it has last year's cpu but we put in 2 dsp's. Woo hoo!!!!!!!! NOT!

last years cpu? Pretty sure it has a dual core s600 (two krait 300s and an adreno 320 gpu)...which is this years cpu...
    Aquila likes this.
    08-01-2013 10:36 PM

1) The exclusive deal ends in about a month, and that includes the 32gb version. If a carrier gets Moto Maker, then that carrier gets 32gb as well. Thus far, Verizon is also confirmed as getting Moto Maker customizations later this year.

2) Pricing is a little off too. The unlocked prices were estimates and have yet to be confirmed, and even then, they were $575 and $625.

3) This whole "last year's CPU" thing? Has to stop, like, now. This came from the CPU-reading tools on the leaked devices that reported it as the MSM8960 and failing to factor in anything that has been altered and changed completely. The custom chip is clocked higher, optimized for better performance and less battery drain, paired with 2gb of RAM, and has already put up some impressive benchmarks. It's running with the big dogs, and it deserves too. There's no reason to think that by buying a Moto X or any of the new Droids that you're getting less hardware for your money than in an HTC One or Galaxy S IV.

I'm not thrilled about today's event and I'm still deciding what makes the most sense for me myself. The one thing I do know? I want those touchless controls, I want the experience that comes from those extra sensors, and I want that size phone. I also want wireless charging, which puts me in a tough spot.
    Aquila and TomsAndroid like this.
    08-01-2013 10:45 PM
    1.OS Lag
    2.Battery life not on par with the Galaxy Note 1
    3. Slow os updates
    4. Size phone must be smaller than my S3 and no thicker than a N4.
    5. Cost
    If phone has any of these issues then I will have to pass until I see the next nexus phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    1. No OS lag but camera hiccup not a deal breaker
    2. Battery life is great but I am waiting on real world test to make a verdict.
    4.The phone is smaller than my S3 but slightly thick N4 passes until I actually hold device in my hand. I think phone will be to thick when put a otterbox defender case on.

Cost is very reasonable but I wished for the Google discount price. I will be take look at the device in store then hopefully compare it to the next nexus phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Aquila likes this.
    08-02-2013 12:04 AM
    As I wrote in the other thread, you will not see a "Google price" on any Motorola phone for years as per the original purchase agreement of Motorola. Updates are still going to be subject to the carriers, like every other phone that is Nexus.

This phone never was for me, but it is a nice addition to the Android lineup
    08-02-2013 12:55 AM
    1) The exclusive deal ends in about a month, and that includes the 32gb version. If a carrier gets Moto Maker, then that carrier gets 32gb as well. Thus far, Verizon is also confirmed as getting Moto Maker customizations later this year.

2) Pricing is a little off too. The unlocked prices were estimates and have yet to be confirmed, and even then, they were $575 and $625.

3) This whole "last year's CPU" thing? Has to stop, like, now. This came from the CPU-reading tools on the leaked devices that reported it as the MSM8960 and failing to factor in anything that has been altered and changed completely. The custom chip is clocked higher, optimized for better performance and less battery drain, paired with 2gb of RAM, and has already put up some impressive benchmarks. It's running with the big dogs, and it deserves too. There's no reason to think that by buying a Moto X or any of the new Droids that you're getting less hardware for your money than in an HTC One or Galaxy S IV.

I'm not thrilled about today's event and I'm still deciding what makes the most sense for me myself. The one thing I do know? I want those touchless controls, I want the experience that comes from those extra sensors, and I want that size phone. I also want wireless charging, which puts me in a tough spot.
    I'm also shopping upgrades this fall and really like what this device means for the direction of Android in optimization, but also am really attracted to the wireless charging in the Maxx. Those two devices are neck and neck to me, for different reasons. I think I'm going to hold a couple of months and see if anything else happens to make the conversation more interesting.
    08-02-2013 12:59 AM
    No no. It's Samsung for all of us or bust! Didn't you read his intelligently articulated post? We ALL should be buying only Samsung or iPhones! He said: "Might as well buy an apple product for all the good this thing will do you"
    Apparently no phones without da remuvible badderee will do any of us any good!! darn, I wish someone had of told me that before I bought numerous other phones without "remuvible batteries derp" over the years that were either as good, or better than Samsung that year!! If only I had known that Samsung is the only phone that will do me any good!!! Oh woe is me....
    Do only Samsung phones have removable batteries? I didn't know that. Consider me a Samsung fan.
    08-08-2013 01:15 AM
    Screen size I am spoiled by my note 2

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-08-2013 01:17 AM
    Bad voice quality.
    08-08-2013 09:59 AM
    It's hardware configuration is not up to the newer standards. I may prefer nexus 4.

I am very happy with Note 2, MotoX may not do as much as Note 2. When Note 3, iPhone 5s enters the market, MotoX may die.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    08-08-2013 10:05 AM
    No microSD slot (or at least 64gb option)

Screen smaller than my note 2.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    srigirin likes this.
    08-08-2013 10:09 AM
    It's hardware configuration is not up to the newer standards. I may prefer nexus 4.

I am very happy with Note 2, MotoX may not do as much as Note 2. When Note 3, iPhone 5s enters the market, MotoX may die.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    The note 3 will not hurt the X in any way at all. You couldn't name to more opposite phones. A person who carries a note is using a 5.5 screen for a reason, probably watching movie or whatever else they do, the Moto X is not what they are looking for. Moto X customers want a phone that can fit in their pocket and want a screen size 5 or under with cool, new or useful features, they want nothing to do with a note. The iPhone customers who dont LIVE for the iPhone is what the X hope to syphon. Its the LG G2/GS5 that will hurt the moto. But most of all the iPhone 5S or whatever the heck theyre up to these days. Lol.
    08-08-2013 10:36 AM
    I got a Motorola Atrix 4G for
    Christmas in 2011 running Gingerbread. Moto
    promised us an update to ICS sometime in
    2012. They kept pushing out the delivery date
    until finally they said no update at all. I will
    never buy another Moto phone
    08-09-2013 04:21 AM
    Couldn't agree more. Hoping that motorola would bring me back. But so disappointed with no expandable storage and so so specs. So they have decided to make ihones after all. Samsung is all that is left?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-09-2013 06:17 AM
    Nexus 5
    08-09-2013 06:33 AM
    LG G2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-09-2013 07:00 AM
    I got a Motorola Atrix 4G for
    Christmas in 2011 running Gingerbread. Moto
    promised us an update to ICS sometime in
    2012. They kept pushing out the delivery date
    until finally they said no update at all. I will
    never buy another Moto phone
    Good thing Verizon sold enough DROID Bionics for them to justify getting us Jelly Bean.
    08-10-2013 12:06 AM
    Camera from what PHIL said.
    08-10-2013 07:40 AM
    16gb .... (on Verizon)
    08-10-2013 09:42 AM
    Another Motorola crappy camera has already stopped me and it's not even out yet
    08-10-2013 11:34 AM
153 ... 4567