Plans for color combinations, engraving, and wallpaper?

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Can you try a Black and Orange please.

Front = Orange
Edges = Black with Orange buttons
Back = Orange with Black M Logo

Phone looks like it doesn't have a trim round the edges, just made of two piece front and back.

EDIT:

Something like this but I'll have my own engraving where it says nexus

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Earlier today, Guy Kawasaki posted this pic to Google+, and it clearly shows someone holding a green Moto X:

DSCF9130.jpg

After seeing that on Google+, I started feeling that it'd be really awesome to have a phone with a back that is a screaming bright color and then a black front. Like, magenta (or purple or blue) for the back, and then the front entirely black. I love the idea of a phone that is almost unmistakably mine among a sea of blacks and whites.

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Earlier today, Guy Kawasaki posted this pic to Google+, and it clearly shows someone holding a green Moto X:

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/DSCF9130.jpg

After seeing that on Google+, I started feeling that it'd be really awesome to have a phone with a back that is a screaming bright color and then a black front. Like, magenta (or purple or blue) for the back, and then the front entirely black. I love the idea of a phone that is almost unmistakably mine among a sea of blacks and whites.

Agreed, even if it's something as simple as an engraving, I feel like making this phone mine through these little details makes it really significant. The price has to follow it though. I buy phones with the intent to hold their value and resell them, so I normally avoid any personalization. With this, I won't feel bad if I only dropped $3-400 on it, and then I've made it my own.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I buy phones with the intent to hold their value and resell them, so I normally avoid any personalization.

And I hold onto my phones until I'm eligible for an upgrade, and I don't bother selling them, so I don't care about resale value. I'm figuring that if the opportunity is there for me to customize the colors of my phone, I'm going to take it and run with it.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm digging the Eric Schmidt design. I really like white on a phone but, with some phones, it looks rather feminine. A nice white back and a solid black front gives me the best of both worlds, is sexy, and isn't eccentric enough that I wouldn't be able to resell the phone in the future. Of course, I hope I'm not wasting my time talking about this phone. If there isn't a 64gb version or a microSD slot (very unlikely), then I won't be able to justify the purchase.

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd definitely have maroon on the back of mine, black on the front, and if possible the Texas A&M logo. Gig 'em Aggies! ;)

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
id like to customize it with green and white, maybe green and black, it depends on the shade of green they offer...if its like that pic above, its a bit bright for me and bland. green and black will be very sick. my only concern is resell factor (and thats if i even want to sell it) so it would be nice if they offer the color you want as well as providing the "original" colors to swap out

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
In the podcast they said that Verizon is getting the custom options, just not on day one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jbruha

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
In the podcast they said that Verizon is getting the custom options, just not on day one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I just don't get this portion. It seems like someone, somewhere, within Google or Motorola had a really good plan for this device, and then it went out the window with the carrier exclusivity portion, and the word has no meaning. Nobody has concrete dates for any of the launches of the phone or when anything will be available, and we've learned that if nothing else, Moto Maker will hit Verizon too. I would be willing to bet Sprint and T-Mobile will get in on the Moto Maker action too at some point, so why even bother with an exclusive deal if everyone else will have it anyway? It seems like trying to give AT&T any kind of special treatment is what made this whole thing a mess, aside from all the other missed features from the hype we've consumed over the past several months. Choosing the carrier should've just been another tab in Moto Maker and they should've had a solid date for all of this to happen before they pulled the curtain back.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get this portion. It seems like someone, somewhere, within Google or Motorola had a really good plan for this device, and then it went out the window with the carrier exclusivity portion, and the word has no meaning. Nobody has concrete dates for any of the launches of the phone or when anything will be available, and we've learned that if nothing else, Moto Maker will hit Verizon too. I would be willing to bet Sprint and T-Mobile will get in on the Moto Maker action too at some point, so why even bother with an exclusive deal if everyone else will have it anyway? It seems like trying to give AT&T any kind of special treatment is what made this whole thing a mess, aside from all the other missed features from the hype we've consumed over the past several months. Choosing the carrier should've just been another tab in Moto Maker and they should've had a solid date for all of this to happen before they pulled the curtain back.

This is where Google and Motorola need to take a few pages out of Apple's playbook.

Here's the thing though. Motorola and the DROID brand have been synonymous with Verizon (even though Motorola hasn't picked up exclusivity on the DROID brand until the DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, and DROID MAXX). Verizon is going to push the new DROIDs hard. Verizon has probably sold more DROID RAZR Ms than AT&T and Sprint have sold Atrixs (Atrices? Atrii?) and Photons.

Maybe giving AT&T a short Moto Maker exclusive will give Motorola and Google some time to work out the kinks.