08-10-2013 12:12 AM
34 12
tools
    I'm digging the Eric Schmidt design. I really like white on a phone but, with some phones, it looks rather feminine. A nice white back and a solid black front gives me the best of both worlds, is sexy, and isn't eccentric enough that I wouldn't be able to resell the phone in the future. Of course, I hope I'm not wasting my time talking about this phone. If there isn't a 64gb version or a microSD slot (very unlikely), then I won't be able to justify the purchase.
    07-29-2013 09:34 PM
    I'd definitely have maroon on the back of mine, black on the front, and if possible the Texas A&M logo. Gig 'em Aggies!

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    07-30-2013 12:05 AM
    id like to customize it with green and white, maybe green and black, it depends on the shade of green they offer...if its like that pic above, its a bit bright for me and bland. green and black will be very sick. my only concern is resell factor (and thats if i even want to sell it) so it would be nice if they offer the color you want as well as providing the "original" colors to swap out
    07-30-2013 10:28 AM
    Blue front with Red Back engraved with a picture of Nick Swisher and the Brohio logo!!!
    08-01-2013 04:35 AM
    All the pretty color options (from Gizmodo):

Verizon, I hate you.
    08-01-2013 04:49 PM
    In the podcast they said that Verizon is getting the custom options, just not on day one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-01-2013 04:55 PM
    In the podcast they said that Verizon is getting the custom options, just not on day one.
    I am aware of that. But I am eligible for upgrade NOW, and I do not want to continue paying an old subsidy when I'm eligible for a new phone and new subsidy.
    08-01-2013 05:00 PM

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I just don't get this portion. It seems like someone, somewhere, within Google or Motorola had a really good plan for this device, and then it went out the window with the carrier exclusivity portion, and the word has no meaning. Nobody has concrete dates for any of the launches of the phone or when anything will be available, and we've learned that if nothing else, Moto Maker will hit Verizon too. I would be willing to bet Sprint and T-Mobile will get in on the Moto Maker action too at some point, so why even bother with an exclusive deal if everyone else will have it anyway? It seems like trying to give AT&T any kind of special treatment is what made this whole thing a mess, aside from all the other missed features from the hype we've consumed over the past several months. Choosing the carrier should've just been another tab in Moto Maker and they should've had a solid date for all of this to happen before they pulled the curtain back.
    08-01-2013 05:06 PM
    I just don't get this portion. It seems like someone, somewhere, within Google or Motorola had a really good plan for this device, and then it went out the window with the carrier exclusivity portion, and the word has no meaning. Nobody has concrete dates for any of the launches of the phone or when anything will be available, and we've learned that if nothing else, Moto Maker will hit Verizon too. I would be willing to bet Sprint and T-Mobile will get in on the Moto Maker action too at some point, so why even bother with an exclusive deal if everyone else will have it anyway? It seems like trying to give AT&T any kind of special treatment is what made this whole thing a mess, aside from all the other missed features from the hype we've consumed over the past several months. Choosing the carrier should've just been another tab in Moto Maker and they should've had a solid date for all of this to happen before they pulled the curtain back.
    This is where Google and Motorola need to take a few pages out of Apple's playbook.

Here's the thing though. Motorola and the DROID brand have been synonymous with Verizon (even though Motorola hasn't picked up exclusivity on the DROID brand until the DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, and DROID MAXX). Verizon is going to push the new DROIDs hard. Verizon has probably sold more DROID RAZR Ms than AT&T and Sprint have sold Atrixs (Atrices? Atrii?) and Photons.

Maybe giving AT&T a short Moto Maker exclusive will give Motorola and Google some time to work out the kinks.
    08-10-2013 12:12 AM
34 12