With the 3 new DROID phones, are there still expectations that Big Red will still get the Moto X? I suppose we will hear more on 1 AUG, but curious what others think.
    07-23-2013 05:10 PM
    Are we sure that the Mini isn't the same thing as the Moto X (purely from a spec sheet and feature viewpoint, not design)? I know that the Moto X is suppose to be a mid level device, but there seem to be a lot of similarity between the two. In my opinion, which is worthless, the Droid Mini is Verizon's version of the Moto X. The price point, battery, etc seem to be on par with other rumors. The Mini and the X DEFNITELY seems redundant to me.
    07-23-2013 05:20 PM
    For sure we will. While they all do seem redundant (for now), there is a separate variant for the Moto X.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/05/24...-model-xt1060/

XT1030 Droid Mini
    XT1060 Moto X
    XT1080 Droid Ultra
    XT1080M Droid MAXX
    07-23-2013 05:26 PM
    Are we sure that the Mini isn't the same thing as the Moto X (purely from a spec sheet and feature viewpoint, not design)? I know that the Moto X is suppose to be a mid level device, but there seem to be a lot of similarity between the two. In my opinion, which is worthless, the Droid Mini is Verizon's version of the Moto X. The price point, battery, etc seem to be on par with other rumors. The Mini and the X DEFNITELY seems redundant to me.
    How can you even say that? We don't even know all the features of the X.
    Ry, TheLibertarian and JFH8 like this.
    07-23-2013 05:37 PM
    All signs point to yes.
    07-23-2013 05:38 PM
    How can you even say that? We don't even know all the features of the X.
    Processor listed on FCC filings, Voice actions, Camera (operation) similar battery size listed on FCC filings. Moto X = 2200mAh, Droid Mini = 2000mAh.

Like I said, I'm pulling that out of my rear, not trying to spread more dumbed down rumors.
    07-23-2013 05:55 PM
    I certainly hope they still are getting the X. I like the look of the X better than the new Droids. I especially hope they get it if the X includes some X8 goodness.
    07-23-2013 06:18 PM
    I certainly hope they still are getting the X. I like the look of the X better than the new Droids. I especially hope they get it if the X includes some X8 goodness.
    I see no reason why the MOTO X won't get the X8 set that the new DROIDs have. From a cost perspective, it makes sense to buy and assemble a lot of the same components.
    07-23-2013 06:35 PM
    Wow - Verizon stores are going to be a zoo this fall. A slew of new Droids, the X, the GS4, the One - on top of a ton of older, mid-range, and/or freebie Android options. Don't get me wrong - I love choices just as much as the next guy/girl, but this is going to create a lot of tough decisions for Android consumers in the market.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-23-2013 11:05 PM
    I bet the X will only be available in goggles play store. With the deal moto made with vzw to only be droid line. It would b foolish to have both

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2013 11:37 PM
    I bet the X will only be available in goggles play store. With the deal moto made with vzw to only be droid line. It would b foolish to have both

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    How so? We already know carriers are getting it (see Rogers). I fully expect AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon to carry it in their stores as well.
    07-23-2013 11:49 PM
    I'm talking VZW highly doubt you'll see it in there stores. They'll b busy pushing there droid moto. If it is in there stores it'll be in a corner with no like light. And yeses it'll b in other carriers stores and have a better marketing push.
    How so? We already know carriers are getting it (see Rogers). I fully expect AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon to carry it in their stores as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    07-24-2013 12:00 AM
    I'm talking VZW highly doubt you'll see it in there stores. They'll b busy pushing there droid moto. If it is in there stores it'll be in a corner with no like light. And yeses it'll b in other carriers stores and have a better marketing push.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    So... you are you betting that it will only be in the Play Store?
    07-24-2013 11:46 AM
    Don't forget about Sprint. They very well may get one too.
    07-25-2013 11:45 AM
    Don't forget about Sprint. They very well may get one too.
    Based on the leaks - AT&T, Rogers, Sprint, & Verizon seem to be getting the MOTO X.
    07-25-2013 12:02 PM
    Wow - Verizon stores are going to be a zoo this fall. A slew of new Droids, the X, the GS4, the One - on top of a ton of older, mid-range, and/or freebie Android options. Don't get me wrong - I love choices just as much as the next guy/girl, but this is going to create a lot of tough decisions for Android consumers in the market.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    Dude, you're telling me. I'm eligible for upgrade and can't decide between Ultra, S4, One, X, and even the G2. The companies keep on announcing press events...I should order the Ultra Employee Edition but I can't commit

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-25-2013 07:53 PM
    I am hoping to see the X still with the "designed by you" tag, I am hoping for a little more flexibility in hardware, though it may not be that way. I guess we will see in a week.
    07-25-2013 08:23 PM