Moto X and Droid Ultra/Maxx share the same processor.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
well since everyone is purely guessing, I'll throw one in: I'm betting the chip is going to be the same downclocked s600 that's in the newest nexus 7. That chip is also being called an S4 Pro. The new Nexus 7 motherboard has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 APQ8064-1AA chipset, which as it turns out is a downclocked Snapdragon 600 chipset ? four Krait 300 cores (rather than Krait 200) at 1.5Ghz and Adreno 320. My guess is the leaks will turn out to be this chip but at 1.7Ghz dual core. RAM will be same as N7 as well: 2GB lpddr3 ram.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The important part is the part that says the prices is expected to be comparable to those devices. $99 on contract and $299 off is absolutely NOT comparable pricing. No, there's no exact price, but there's enough info there that would debunk this crazy "Motorola is gonna sell this device at a cost because they can totally afford to do that with their plummeting revenue!" rumor.

well since everyone is purely guessing, I'll throw one in: I'm betting the chip is going to be the same downclocked s600 that's in the newest nexus 7. That chip is also being called an S4 Pro. The new Nexus 7 motherboard has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 APQ8064-1AA chipset, which as it turns out is a downclocked Snapdragon 600 chipset ? four Krait 300 cores (rather than Krait 200) at 1.5Ghz and Adreno 320. My guess is the leaks will turn out to be this chip but at 1.7Ghz dual core. RAM will be same as N7 as well: 2GB lpddr3 ram.

They aren't pure guesses. The specs for the Moto X are already out there from multiple sources. We're just waiting to see what features they'll announce and at what price.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
They aren't pure guesses. The specs for the Moto X are already out there from multiple sources. We're just waiting to see what features they'll announce and at what price.

how about "unconfirmed guesses" then? Since I see we're being technical.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

When has there been word from Motorola or Google about what exact specs are going to be on the moto X? Because they're the only people who can say absolutely what the specs are. Everyone else is just guessing

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
how about "unconfirmed guesses" then? Since I see we're being technical.

When has there been word from Motorola or Google about what exact specs are going to be on the moto X? Because they're the only people who can say absolutely what the specs are. Everyone else is just guessing

I never said they were. I said they weren't pure guesses, since the post I responded to said "since everyone is purely guessing", that's what I responded to.

Definition of a guess:

a. To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.
b. To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.

People who have the Moto X have already leaked what processor it has. You can see it by watching the various videos that have been posted. You'll see that its processor is listed as the
MSM8960DT (the D probably entered because of the customization Motorola did). That processor is also in the Droid Ultra and Maxx.

The MSM8960T benchmarks and specifications can be seen here (1.7ghz // dual core // Adreno 320):
Performance Review of Qualcomm MSM8960T - News - AnTuTu Benchmark -- Know Your Android Better

More (reasonable) proof that it runs that chip?
Here's benchmarks ran from the Moto X. Note the MODEL number (XT1058). Note the processor.
Motorola XT1058 performance in GFXBench

That model number is for the Moto X. These are its variants.
XT1060 (Verizon), XT1058 (AT&T), XT1056 (Sprint), XT1055 (US Cellular), XT1053 (T-Mobile)

I would hardly say that the general assumption (yes, I know) of what processor the Moto X will be revealed with is just a *guess*. It's more of an inference. I've never said these are the absolute final specs the phone will be revealed with, but my previous post was simply in reply to the poster stating we were all making *guesses*. That's it.

And after writing all this I realized how unnecessary it was. Oh internet, sometimes you get the best of me.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I never said they were. I said they weren't pure guesses, since the post I responded to said "since everyone is purely guessing", that's what I responded to.

Definition of a guess:

a. To predict (a result or an event) without sufficient information.
b. To assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.

People who have the Moto X have already leaked what processor it has. You can see it by watching the various videos that have been posted. You'll see that its processor is listed as the
MSM8960DT (the D probably entered because of the customization Motorola did). That processor is also in the Droid Ultra and Maxx.

The MSM8960T benchmarks and specifications can be seen here (1.7ghz // dual core // Adreno 320):
Performance Review of Qualcomm MSM8960T - News - AnTuTu Benchmark -- Know Your Android Better

More (reasonable) proof that it runs that chip?
Here's benchmarks ran from the Moto X. Note the MODEL number (XT1058). Note the processor.
Motorola XT1058 performance in GFXBench

That model number is for the Moto X. These are its variants.
XT1060 (Verizon), XT1058 (AT&T), XT1056 (Sprint), XT1055 (US Cellular), XT1053 (T-Mobile)

I would hardly say that the general assumption (yes, I know) of what processor the Moto X will be revealed with is just a *guess*. It's more of an inference. I've never said these are the absolute final specs the phone will be revealed with, but my previous post was simply in reply to the poster stating we were all making *guesses*. That's it.

And after writing all this I realized how unnecessary it was. Oh internet, sometimes you get the best of me.

How about...

peanut butter guesses?
BBQ inferences!
orange guesses?
watery hazards
hot ventures
portable approximations...
quantum entanglement speculations?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members