How important is price?

dcunited08

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
For me, I am planning to buy it off contract so I will not be getting it if it is not $350 or less unlocked. Who is planning to buy it on contract vs unsubsidized?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll either buy it on-contract, or off-contract and buy some other phone (like the iPhone 5S) on-contract to sell online to make up the difference in price. This will depend on the price and availability of colors/materials. So price isn't going to stop me from getting it.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
For me, I am planning to buy it off contract so I will not be getting it if it is not $350 or less unlocked. Who is planning to buy it on contract vs unsubsidized?

I look for this device to be around 350-400 unlocked. If it's any more than that you would be better off getting the nexus 4.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If I choose this device, it'll be off contract and so the less expense the better, but ultimately price is an exclusionary metric, not really used to compare like ux considerations are unless there is a drastic difference.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bquindawl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm REALLY hoping for <$400 on Verizon. And that's Off-Contract obviously.

I just can't help but be very skeptical that its gonna happen.

Posted via Android Central App

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If it is more I am getting a Nexus.

I agree too. I will wait for the next nexus phone to come out or the moto x price to drop significantly. The price has to undercut price of a Nexus 4 or its no deal for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Make or break. I need a cheaper(price wise) device without the need for a contract to keep unlimited on Verizon. If its not cheap ill have to go through the hassle of switching around upgrades to get an s4 and still keep my unlimited data

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
luckily, i have been satisfied with verizon from day 1 (10 years strong) so i will def let them lock me in for another 2 years to pay only $200+tax for this phone.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Sub $400 off-contract or verizon is the absolute max price point I need, or I stick with the gs3 for another year.

$350 or less would make it a day 1 purchase.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Relative to specs/features. It can be more expensive, but the pluses better back that up.
If the next Nexus is not as affordable as the Nexus 4, then the Moto might be able to compete on price.
I can't see myself going backwards to the original Nexus 4 this fall (as much as I love the one I bought mom), so likely the Moto X and the new 2013 Nexus 4 (5? assuming) will go head to head on price, pros, and cons.

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I agree with easily pulling the trigger if it's under $500, especially if it is running with only 16GB of storage. If it is more than that I think I'm just going to go with the bigger battery/screen/storage of the new MAXX and deal with the higher price

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Agree jephanie...but i'll only get one. Hope the line isn't too long.

To clarify: One for me to reply my Nexus and its crappy radios; and one for my wife as she's dying to get rid of her iPhone and onto Android. Kudos to her for leaving the Dark Side. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma