Also, will there be a live stream?

Thanks!
    08-01-2013 01:15 AM
    There won't be a live stream.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    08-01-2013 01:21 AM
    Also, will there be a live stream?

Thanks!
    AC and other tech blogs will be keeping us up to date but as for live stream not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-01-2013 01:22 AM
    I remember Droid-Life mentioning 3 PM as a good time to be close to their website (I'm assuming Eastern Time Zone, since the event is in NY). The after party is a extremely late. Like, extending-into-the-next-day late. I'm assuming there will be a press release earlier than that, but aside from what Droid-Life has said, who really knows when. If I remember right, there is no live streaming allowed for this event. This is definitely a....unique....type of unveiling.

EDIT: After looking around some more, I see it's not so much of an event, it's more like a series of press conferences for journalists, but no one is allowed to report what they see until an embargo is lifted, which is around 3 PM. They get a few hours to carefully write up their articles and make sure they have their information accurate before they are allowed to release the new. Sounds like a great idea to me. This way, important details hopefully aren't missed in an anxious rush to post the news. Then later, the after party.
    08-01-2013 01:49 AM
    Moto tweeted that the 8pm event is the unveiling, but The Verge is reporting at 3pm, so I guess Lanzeelus is correct. Weird.
    08-01-2013 05:42 AM
    I remember the days when folks had enough sense to not talk about embargo times.

But, right. No traditional event. No stream. And, uh, might wanna be near Android Central sometime this afternoon.

(I'm here in NYC. For, uh, stuff.)

Edit: Oh, and we might be doing a podcast this afternoon. https://plus.google.com/b/1110169917...6gvl1nc0cg30fg
    Aquila, ChuckG73, Mooem and 7 others like this.
    08-01-2013 06:21 AM
    I remember the days when folks had enough sense to not talk about embargo times.

But, right. No traditional event. No stream. And, uh, might wanna be near Android Central sometime this afternoon.

(I'm here in NYC. For, uh, stuff.)
    I am extremely interested in the customization concept relative to carrier availability... so if you get a sec in Q&A and it hasn't already been addressed, you'd be my hero for gaining clarity on that.
    08-01-2013 06:27 AM