09-02-2013 07:17 PM
92 1234
tools
    Why is everyone complaining about price??????????????
    before they announced anything... what did the people say....
    "I will support american made products" and now what..... we just get complainers....
    Hate to break it to you... but if its made here, it probably will cost more.
    That's exactly why nothing is made here anymore. Everybody wants cheap crap.
    08-02-2013 11:29 PM
    Not all cheap things are crap, just saying. I think people were expecting to see something along the lines of nexus 4 pricing, and that's why a lot if people are disappointed or upset. That's just my two cents.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app
    08-02-2013 11:33 PM
    It's so clear, to me, that Motorola is still run by Motorola and not Google. The Moto X is a clear example.

Also, a Google Play Edition? Really, Motorola?
    Actually, its a clear example of the opposite. Google wouldn't even let them start planning for the X until they had data to support the features they wanted. That is google through and through.
    08-06-2013 02:19 AM
    So Google is spending $500 to market the X. In other words they are going to market the hell out of an underwhelming, outdated phone that didn't deliver on the hype.

Holy crap, we just watched Google turn into Apple.
    Apple doesn't put low end hardware and outdated stuff.

Posted via my awesome rooted Nexus 4 and Android Central App)
    Aquila likes this.
    08-28-2013 07:19 PM

Moto didn't either. Apparently none of us know what's going on!!?
    08-28-2013 07:26 PM
    Moto didn't either. Apparently none of us know what's going on!!?
    Exactly. This guy is either insane,drunk or a varying mixture of both

08-28-2013 07:42 PM
    Exactly. This guy is either insane,drunk or a varying mixture of both

It's okay, I think he got on board and bought the Droid Ultra. It's pretty much a 16GB Moto X with a slightly bigger screen, less PPI, some Droid features the X doesn't have and a boxier kevlar material set.
    08-28-2013 07:46 PM
    Pretty much. No customisations.

08-28-2013 08:11 PM

Considering neither Apple's software nor their hardware has evolved all that far from the first iPhone, I don't think I would agree on the outdated part. Yes there have been changes and improvements here and there, but mostly they just put in a faster chip and better camera each time. When I think of an iPhone, I just don't think of state of the art these days. I keep hoping they will change that, but each year I get disappointed. Maybe this year they will step it up a little. I would like to see more innovation from them. Innovation that I know they are capable of. But right now I feel that Motorola and others are pushing the envelope and trying new things and doing what Apple should be doing.
    Aquila and Pollster like this.
    08-29-2013 11:38 PM
    I'm inclined to agree that Apple is pushing the philosophy of refinement rather than innovation recently. I also want to see that change because in a duopolist market, one player sitting back causes the entire market to grow stagnate.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    08-29-2013 11:47 PM
    What's the point of having that Rant topic if everyone still creates new topics to repeat the same thing 50 other people have already said. We get it. We like this phone. Lets get back to helping one another.

Thanks.
    08-30-2013 12:16 AM
    Considering neither Apple's software nor their hardware has evolved all that far from the first iPhone, I don't think I would agree on the outdated part. Yes there have been changes and improvements here and there, but mostly they just put in a faster chip and better camera each time. When I think of an iPhone, I just don't think of state of the art these days. I keep hoping they will change that, but each year I get disappointed. Maybe this year they will step it up a little. I would like to see more innovation from them. Innovation that I know they are capable of. But right now I feel that Motorola and others are pushing the envelope and trying new things and doing what Apple should be doing.
    IOS 7. But yeah I kinda see your point they are playing it safe. not the same Apple that wowed me by the iPhone 4.

08-30-2013 06:53 AM
    IOS 7. But yeah I kinda see your point they are playing it safe. not the same Apple that wowed me by the iPhone 4.

How is iOS 7 really any different than iOS 6 other than Apple changing all the icons and background images? I understand they have the "Parrallax" wallpaper but that seems like it'll be more annoying to me than anything.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    08-30-2013 07:14 AM
    Parralax is such a minor piece of iOS 7 that it being mentioned is laughable. I'm not going to list the changes as the last thing I come to a forum for, be it Android or Apple related, is objectivity. I'd only be wasting my time.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-30-2013 07:24 AM
    How is iOS 7 really any different than iOS 6 other than Apple changing all the icons and background images? I understand they have the "Parrallax" wallpaper but that seems like it'll be more annoying to me than anything.
    -There's little changes here and there. I've been using iOS7 since the first beta, and I have to be honest, it's already grown stale TO ME. That would be why I'm here, weighing options between the Moto and the Maxx. When iOS7 is released, on what looks to be Sept. 10th people will fawn over it for a while of course, but they'll get tired of it as well. The best things about it are the pull down and pull up menus which Android has had for a long time. For iOS users, it will feel new and different. I'm in the camp that is just tired of a 4 inch screen. Don't need anything huge, but just a bit bigger, and that's why I'm straying.
    GadgetGator likes this.
    08-30-2013 07:39 AM
    Yeah, the thing that interested me the most from what I've seen of iOS 7 was the quick settings shade that is pulled up from the bottom. At first it appeared to only work on the home screens, but have I heard it correctly that it actually works everywhere in the OS in all apps? That has been the only thing that actually appeared to be an actual benefit to the usage of the iPhones.

I'm very excited about getting 4.2 JB so I can have the settings panel from the notification shade (although I wonder what all settings will be in there and if it'll be customizable) and the lockscreen widgets. That looks like the best place for a weekly calendar or Google Now because my work frustratingly will not allow me to use my personal device for work.
    08-30-2013 08:38 AM
    The iPhone is the AOL of our times.
    A place where people can go for something that doesn't change or scare you with the possibility of running into something unpredictable.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    08-30-2013 08:47 AM
    What's the point of having that Rant topic if everyone still creates new topics to repeat the same thing 50 other people have already said. We get it. We like this phone. Lets get back to helping one another.

Thanks.
    The rant thread was made last week. This thread was created on the day of the announcement.

But don't worry, people will still complain about specs for a while.
    08-30-2013 09:32 AM
    General system management seems to be a big improvement. Really like what they're did with notifications and the control menu, even if they did steal a few ideas from other operating systems. But I also like that they did that as well. The tech industry is a better place when companies build off good ideas and abandon the bad ones. As always, iOS 7 looks top notch in the design department to boot.

Don't get me wrong, it's all very iterative from an Android user perspective, but iPeeple will be thrilled.
    08-30-2013 09:39 AM
    The difference is Apple just replaced the old launcher with a new one just like hundreds of launcher on Playstore.
    They also updated all the apps just like all google apps which got updated over the past 6 months like Youtube,maps,Gmail,Google+,Google Drive,Music,Movies,Books,Magazine,Hangouts(from gtalk)
    08-30-2013 09:54 AM
    Full multitasking. No safari tab limit, vaster sharing API,more camera API's, control centre, siri can now toggle Bluetooth,WiFi, 3G etc, much more reliable Siri, pulls from more sourcrs , do not disturb mode now can be active while the screen is on. 60fps video recording plus leaks suggest 120fps possibly for slow motion video mode. Swipe with one finger to go back throughout the whole OS. Brand new physics engine. Unlimited apps in folders. Much better redesigned camera app. Redesigned(and more feature full) Safari. Open GL bump.

That's just all I can think the top of my head. If you guys looked past the redesign you would see a vastly improved iOS. But you guys don't.

08-30-2013 05:08 PM
    Read my post above. You are so misinformed it's not even funny.

08-30-2013 05:09 PM
    Why is everyone complaining about price??????????????
    before they announced anything... what did the people say....
    "I will support american made products" and now what..... we just get complainers....
    Hate to break it to you... but if its made here, it probably will cost more.
    I was one saying I would support American made but in the end the Moto X is not my type of phone. Not so much the specs or price. I actually went to ATT to see a 32 GB model and they said I had to order it. I just wanted to buy it. Anyways in reality, I do not really want a phone to talk to. I do not really like to talk to my phone like voice searches etc...I went with a S4 Google Edition instead.
    08-30-2013 10:18 PM
    It's so clear, to me, that Motorola is still run by Motorola and not Google. The Moto X is a clear example.

Also, a Google Play Edition? Really, Motorola?
    Almost all the Motorola Management has been replaced by Google management. It's run by Google.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-31-2013 01:09 AM
    The difference is Apple just replaced the old launcher with a new one just like hundreds of launcher on Playstore.
    They also updated all the apps just like all google apps which got updated over the past 6 months like Youtube,maps,Gmail,Google+,Google Drive,Music,Movies,Books,Magazine,Hangouts(from gtalk)
    You have a lot to learn about iOS 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-31-2013 01:10 AM
92 1234